The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

The Jousting Match

Go down 
+24
Henry VIII of England
Bridget Von Hoffman
Mary Boleyn
Pierre Du Bois
Audrey Tepes
Grimhilda Tepes
Nan Saville
Annie Wyatt
Elizabeth Seymour
Henry Norris
Lancelot Guildford
Jane Bassett
White Royalsun
Thomas Boleyn
Ursula Misseldon
Mary Rose Tudor
Meric Royalsun
Royce Westmoreland
Dugan Hoffman
Charles Brandon
Alfonsina Garcia
Noelle Hoffman
Elizabeth Daunce
Stephen Gardiner
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Stephen Gardiner
Bishop of Winchester
Stephen Gardiner

The Jousting Match Empty
PostSubject: The Jousting Match   The Jousting Match I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 8:03 pm

Those who had decided to joust were clustered together in the small field beside the arena. As they paced anxiously, the clinks of chain mail and armour provided a beat that anticipated the onslaught to ensue. Canvas tents had been propped up with care to allow for quick changes into armour with auxiliary tents stationed near should one of them incur an injury-the latter was inevitable.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Servants busied themselves, providing small velvet cushions for the nobility and propping the lances for riders by the arena. Already courtiers had gathered to watch the preparations. Such an event was always a cause for; pomp and pageantry, a chance for chivalrous displays and to display one's youth and virility.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Daunce
Lady-in-waiting
Elizabeth Daunce

The Jousting Match Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jousting Match   The Jousting Match I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 9:31 pm

She sits in the spectators part of the Jousting arena marveling at how many good looking men were around her. She hopes one of them will notice her and ask for her favor how could they not? After all she wore the French dress her father had hated her wearing....
Back to top Go down
Noelle Hoffman
Countess of Sussex
Noelle Hoffman

The Jousting Match Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jousting Match   The Jousting Match I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 9:41 pm

Noelle looked at her children's governess. Little Arthur was sound asleep in the governess's arms, and Anthony was plopped on a bench.....and he looked bored. But, she did not care. They were behaving, and that's all that mattered. She often tried to not think of the little she lost. But, she think of that child all the time. Noelle bit her lip, and made an invisible cross. 'Keep calm. Keep calm. No thinking of anything painful,' she thought. She had her best gown on her best French gown, and her best French hood. But, it was a mere dress, and hood. None of that mattered to her. Most women in court were always worried about what they wore, and how expensive it was. Noelle shook her head, and stared out at the field.

Last edited by Noelle Hoffman on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

The Jousting Match Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jousting Match   The Jousting Match I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 9:43 pm

As I sit in the royal place looking at the people wondering who is going to joust wishing I had someone to wear my favours
Back to top Go down
Stephen Gardiner
Bishop of Winchester
Stephen Gardiner

The Jousting Match Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jousting Match   The Jousting Match I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 9:53 pm

After a laborious quarter of an hour, Jasper emerged from the little cluster of tents adjacent to the arena-now decked out in shining metal. It had taken a laborious quarter of an hour to apply the layers of chain mail and armour-it weighed down heavy and with every trot of the horse it clicked sharply.
Jasper urged his reliable horse into a canter and rode down the arena, pausing for a moment to bow at the women who had already gathered,"Ladies."

He then rode towards the other waiting men...
Back to top Go down
Alfonsina Garcia

Alfonsina Garcia

The Jousting Match Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jousting Match   The Jousting Match I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 9:57 pm

Alfonsina was dressed upand went to the place where the match would happen. She saw some ladies who were familiar to her. But she didn't say anything. She sat somewhere which had a beautiful view for the match. Then she saw Jasper , he was with the other men. She wished the best for him inside her and started to wait for the match.
Back to top Go down
http://thetudorsworld.yetkin-forum.com
Elizabeth Daunce
Lady-in-waiting
Elizabeth Daunce

The Jousting Match Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jousting Match   The Jousting Match I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 10:48 pm

As Jasper Crowley rode over to the other cute gentlemen a flock of women come sitting by her. The Princes Cordelia was by her she makes a slight bow of her head and smiles saying hello inviting her in for a conversation she does the same with the unknown woman. Then sitting next to her was the lady Noelle Hoffman.

Her family isn't close with them. She doesn't think Lord Hoffman likes her dad much either. Neither the less she looks over to the other woman and smiles as well.

"Hello Lady Noellle I hope all is well."
Back to top Go down

The Jousting Match Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jousting Match   The Jousting Match I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 10:56 pm

As I sit I see the other girls I see a different girl who nods to me as I nod back and say hello as I take my seat
Back to top Go down
Noelle Hoffman
Countess of Sussex
Noelle Hoffman

The Jousting Match Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jousting Match   The Jousting Match I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 11:08 pm

Elizabeth More wrote:
As Jasper Crowley rode over to the other cute gentlemen a flock of women come sitting by her. The Princes Cordelia was by her she makes a slight bow of her head and smiles saying hello inviting her in for a conversation she does the same with the unknown woman. Then sitting next to her was the lady Noelle Hoffman.

Her family isn't close with them. She doesn't think Lord Hoffman likes her dad much either. Neither the less she looks over to the other woman and smiles as well.

"Hello Lady Noellle I hope all is well."
Noelle bowed her head to Jasper. And, watched him ride over to the other men. Next to Noelle were Lady Garcia, Princess Cordelia, and Lady More. She bowed her head to all three women. And, looked at her childen. 'Thank you, God! You've made me a happy women,' she thought. They were still quiet, and she hoped they'd stay that way the rest of the day. As, Noelle turned her head she heard someone call her name. And, it was Lady Moore. "Lady Moore," she said, then continued," All is well. Thank you," she replied. How odd..... The Moores have never been the Hoffman's favorite people.
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

The Jousting Match Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jousting Match   The Jousting Match I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 11:23 pm

"Charles joined the jousting fields after receiving an official invitation by the King himself. It seemed that Lord Crawly suggested him to arrange a joust. Then he wore his armor and rode his horse next to him. He also noticed ladies took their places and looked at them with a charming, teasing smile"

Back to top Go down
Dugan Hoffman
Duke of Bedford
Dugan Hoffman

The Jousting Match Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jousting Match   The Jousting Match I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 11:47 pm

Lord Hoffman looked over at Noelle. And, growled as he watched her speak to that Moore girl. God he hated that family. Dugan looked around, and found a small pebble. He picked it up, and tossed it at his eldest daughters head. 'Do not speak to that girl,' he mouthed to Noelle. His daughter rubbed her head, and gave a slight nod. "Good girl," he said. And, turned and looked at the gathering men.
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

The Jousting Match Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jousting Match   The Jousting Match I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 11:55 pm

Royce reached other gentlemen at the joust riding his horse. Very few time he took part a tounament in Scotland, but he decided to try. He took his position on firled and looked at people who were already clapping their hands

Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Daunce
Lady-in-waiting
Elizabeth Daunce

The Jousting Match Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jousting Match   The Jousting Match I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 12:04 am

Elizabeth watches what happens and she growls. How rude! She was only being civil as her father tells her so often. But after what she just witness civility wouldn't work here! So being the sharp tongued More girl she was she looked directly at Dugan and said.

"I think you are in the wrong place Lord Hoffman. Maybe you should be by the horses because last I checked this is no place for animals like you."

One of the ladies sitting by her starts to giggle
Back to top Go down

The Jousting Match Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jousting Match   The Jousting Match I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 12:17 am

Watching the drama from where I sit I get one of the servants to get the lady elizabeth to sit near me my lady are you well seeing Royce mount up I go white and thinks to her self where is mary
Back to top Go down
Dugan Hoffman
Duke of Bedford
Dugan Hoffman

The Jousting Match Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jousting Match   The Jousting Match I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 12:24 am

Elizabeth More wrote:
Elizabeth watches what happens and she growls. How rude! She was only being civil as her father tells her so often. But after what she just witness civility wouldn't work here! So being the sharp tongued More girl she was she looked directly at Dugan and said.

"I think you are in the wrong place Lord Hoffman. Maybe you should be by the horses because last I checked this is no place for animals like you."

One of the ladies sitting by her starts to giggle
Lord Hoffman rubbed his chin, and just snickered at that little Moore girl. "Be lucky your even here, Moore. And, your words are nothing to me. Your just another low life commoner who doesn't belong in court," he said. He fiddled with his large expensive gold ring, simply winked, and then chuckled.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Daunce
Lady-in-waiting
Elizabeth Daunce

The Jousting Match Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jousting Match   The Jousting Match I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 1:01 am

Elizabeth was about to sneer at Dugan again when one of the servants comes over and says the Princess wishes to speak with her. It is probably better that way. Though he is just jealous her father has more than he does. She gives one last glare and walks over to where the Princess is sitting. She gives a smile and bows her head.

All is well your higness me and my daughter are getting used to court life.
Back to top Go down

The Jousting Match Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jousting Match   The Jousting Match I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 8:53 am

Please sit as I look at her and smile I am please to here it, my servant tells me you are lady in waiting for the Queen, how is she and how old is your daughter?
Back to top Go down
Meric Royalsun
King of Alderia
Meric Royalsun

The Jousting Match Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jousting Match   The Jousting Match I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 8:59 am

Meric returned from the stables, his horse neighing and snoring because it felt the excitement of his master. He tapped its neck and took the reins in one hand to mount it.
In a light gallop he rode to the royal stage, smiling from far as he saw his beloved White taking her seat.
With a short tug on the reins, he came to a halt in front of her and bowed deeply.

My dearest queen, will you do me the honor to give me a mascot?He asked while he held the long spear near her.

Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

The Jousting Match Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jousting Match   The Jousting Match I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 10:44 am

I took my seat and smiled kindly to the ladies around me, waiting for the joust to begin.I couldn't remember when was the last time that we have joust at court.From the corner of my eyes I notice Royce and I smiled to him happily,knowing that he is probably very nervous.
Back to top Go down
Ursula Misseldon
Lady-in-waiting
Ursula Misseldon

The Jousting Match Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jousting Match   The Jousting Match I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 10:51 am

Ursula enter the Justing Match she will take bihind the Queen.
Thats the place for a Lady in waiting.
She was never before on a Joustng Match.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Boleyn
Earl of Wiltshire and Earl of Ormond, Lord Privy Seal
Thomas Boleyn

The Jousting Match Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jousting Match   The Jousting Match I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 10:56 am

Thomas enter the Jousting Match.
He take a sit in the near of the King.
For Thomas is it important that people know that he is a connotatively person.
He hope that Anne will come to this Match its important that she give the King a collateral
of her favour.
Back to top Go down

The Jousting Match Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jousting Match   The Jousting Match I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 3:41 pm

As I walk down to the joust area remembering the last time I had come to one
Back to top Go down
Stephen Gardiner
Bishop of Winchester
Stephen Gardiner

The Jousting Match Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jousting Match   The Jousting Match I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 4:43 pm

Quote :

"Charles joined the jousting fields after receiving an official invitation by the King himself. It seemed that Lord Crawly suggested him to arrange a joust. Then he wore his armor and rode his horse next to him. He also noticed ladies took their places and looked at them with a charming, teasing smile"

Jasper noticed The Duke of Suffolk enter the arena and steered his horse towards him,"Good morrow, Your Grace!"he called with a cheerful smile.
"Have you decided upon your opponent?"he asked curiously as he passed a cursory glance over the spectators and fellow riders.
Back to top Go down
White Royalsun
Queen of Alderia
White Royalsun

The Jousting Match Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jousting Match   The Jousting Match I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 6:22 pm

White takes her sit with the other women, as she talks with ladies sees her beloved husband King Meric approaching her. She smiles ear to ear, proudly and totally in love, she knows how good her love is at this sport.
She claps her hands and stands up, bows at him and smiles tenderly
'My belovd King, you look so great and so divine in your armour, you really are the best' winks at him and continues 'a mascot my love? ofcourse! That would be a huge honour for me' pulls out her handkrief under her dress' sleeve and unlaces one of the pink ribbons in her hair, then ties them around his spear and looks deeply into his eyes 'Good luck your magesty, take care, remember you are the best and that I love you!'
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/messages/100002043148502#!/profile.php?
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

The Jousting Match Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jousting Match   The Jousting Match I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 6:59 pm

Jasper Crawley wrote:
Quote :

Jasper noticed The Duke of Suffolk enter the arena and steered his horse towards him,"Good morrow, Your Grace!"he called with a cheerful smile.
"Have you decided upon your opponent?"he asked curiously as he passed a cursory glance over the spectators and fellow riders.

"Charles looked at Jasper and shook his head while smiling"

Good morning, lord Crawley. No...I haven't decided yet. Any suggestion?

"He asked turning to him"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Jousting Match Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Jousting Match   The Jousting Match I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Jousting Match
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Tudors World :: ENGLAND / Palaces and Houses :: Whitehall Palace :: St. James's Park-
Jump to: