HomePortalRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Pergola Garden

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

Pergola Garden Empty
PostSubject: Pergola Garden   Pergola Garden I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 2:55 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

Pergola Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergola Garden   Pergola Garden I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 2:59 pm

Jane walked through the garden as she had decided against staying indoors, she lost in thought as she looked up at the bushes that covered the Pergola as she thought about the recent events that have happened.
Back to top Go down
Hans Holbein
Polymath
Hans Holbein

Pergola Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergola Garden   Pergola Garden I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 7:55 pm

It was the morning after my arrival in court. How strange it was to awake to noise, I remarked when the clatter of courtiers jolted me out of my sleep.
It was earlier than my usual rise so admittedly I was not sure exactly how to spend my time. I decided to visit the gardens which I hoped would deliver the promise of garlands of flowers and fragrant plants.

Strolling through the gardens I noticed a woman a few steps ahead,"Good-morrow,"I said pleasantly.
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

Pergola Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergola Garden   Pergola Garden I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 8:14 pm

Jane turned and saw a woman and smiled kindly at her with a nod "Good day, my lady." she said with a nod of her head "How fair you?"
Back to top Go down
Hans Holbein
Polymath
Hans Holbein

Pergola Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergola Garden   Pergola Garden I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 8:19 pm

I smile, pleased with the friendly response. Perhaps my misconceptions of court were wrong; I had assumed everyone was unfriendly and solitary. Alas I happily admit I was wrong.

"Very well, my lady. I hope you are also well?,"I reply with a charming smile and dip a small curtsey,"I am Lady Mary Lennox..."
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

Pergola Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergola Garden   Pergola Garden I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 8:24 pm

Jane looked and her and nodded with a smile "I am well, thankyou." she said and she curtsied a little "And i am Jane Bassett lady in waiting to her Majesty the Queen Katherine."
Back to top Go down
Hans Holbein
Polymath
Hans Holbein

Pergola Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergola Garden   Pergola Garden I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 8:29 pm

I smile happily,"It is my pleasure to meet you, Lady Bassett. You are the first stranger I spoke to in court and I must confess I am happily surprised."

I am glad to have at least met an acquaintance however upon her telling me who her mistress is, I glance down and fiddle with dress. Finally I say,"You are very lucky to be a lady in waiting for such a noble lady such as Her Majesty."

Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

Pergola Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergola Garden   Pergola Garden I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 8:39 pm

Jane looked at her "I am only pleasant as i am from the french court,." she joked and she nodded "I suppose you are in service to the whore, Anne Boleyn?"
Back to top Go down
Hans Holbein
Polymath
Hans Holbein

Pergola Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergola Garden   Pergola Garden I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 8:42 pm

I nod curiously,"The French court? So, forgive me, pray tell me why you have come to the English court...it pales in comparison."

Upon her address about Anne Boleyn I gasp a little and begin to tug at my dress again,"I am in service to Anne Boleyn. She is no...'whore'...not a putain, my lady."
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

Pergola Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergola Garden   Pergola Garden I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 9:31 pm

Jane shrugged "My parents died and my family had me a place in the Queens service." she said and she raised an eyebrow at the woman "Then what is she? She may not be a whore in your eyes, but nor is she an angel."
Back to top Go down
Hans Holbein
Polymath
Hans Holbein

Pergola Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergola Garden   Pergola Garden I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 9:38 pm

"I apologise for the lose of your parents. I know only too well the pain of losing ones family members,"I say kindly and think she is a sort of wandering soul. I pity that she is in this court alone with her family in France or dead...how fortunate I am.

I shrug simply,"No man alive is an angel. It is not my place to judge, only to serve and ensure I do the right thing..."

I then clear my throat a little as I am a little uncomfortable with such a controversial topic upon my first meeting with this woman. It is dangerous -above all- for the two of us,"...Are...are you married, do you have any family here?"
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

Pergola Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergola Garden   Pergola Garden I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 9:47 pm

Jane shook her head slowly at her "No, i am not married though i am betrothed to someone." she said with a smile and she nodded again "I have a sister, Melodie here. The rest of my family are in france, and you?"
Back to top Go down
Hans Holbein
Polymath
Hans Holbein

Pergola Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergola Garden   Pergola Garden I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 9:51 pm

I observed how she smiled upon mention of her engagement. Curious, I have not even met my husband to be. How pleasant it must be to be in the ties of marriage with one whom makes your heart swell vaster than empires...
"Yes, I am engaged. I have not even met him yet-he is the Duke of Lancaster and I am told a kind man,"I conclude with a light sigh.

"And your betrothed? I assume it is a love match?"
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

Pergola Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergola Garden   Pergola Garden I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 9:54 pm

Jane looked at her when she mentioned how she was betrothed to Jasper and she looked back "I thought it was a love match." she gritted out "If you would excuse me, i need to go."
Back to top Go down
Hans Holbein
Polymath
Hans Holbein

Pergola Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergola Garden   Pergola Garden I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 9:56 pm

I raise my eyebrows at her reaction and take a tender step towards her,"What say you, my lady? How have I offended you?"

Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

Pergola Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergola Garden   Pergola Garden I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 9:58 pm

Jane looked at her and shook her head "I need to talk..to my betrothed." she said and she walked away.
Back to top Go down
Hans Holbein
Polymath
Hans Holbein

Pergola Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergola Garden   Pergola Garden I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 10:01 pm

"Farewell, my lady,"I say.

I frown a little, fearing I have said something which may have offended her. I bite my lower lip and pace towards her and then return to where I stood. Unsettled by her upset I return to the palace with a sinking feeling.
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

Pergola Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergola Garden   Pergola Garden I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 11:19 pm

Jane walked out to the Pergola garden and sat up a little picnic for her and her Ladies and smiled as she waited for Sinead to come.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jane Adler
Lady-in-waiting
Jane Adler

Pergola Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergola Garden   Pergola Garden I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 11:28 pm

Sinead come slow with one hand on her alvus.

" Sorry my Lady that i come not quick.I have became my bleeding."
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

Pergola Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergola Garden   Pergola Garden I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 11:30 pm

Jane looked at her "So you are not with child?" she asked "Here sit, and have some milk."
Back to top Go down
Jane Adler
Lady-in-waiting
Jane Adler

Pergola Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergola Garden   Pergola Garden I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 11:31 pm

" Thank you my Lady".

Sinead drink the milk.
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

Pergola Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergola Garden   Pergola Garden I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 11:35 pm

Jane picked up a cup of milk and began drinking it whilst looking over a piece of parchment with designs upon it and she showed Sinead "I am having this made for the twins." she showed her the design of the two cradles that had 'L' in the middle short for their heritage of Lancaster.
Back to top Go down
Jane Adler
Lady-in-waiting
Jane Adler

Pergola Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergola Garden   Pergola Garden I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 11:37 pm

" Thats wonderful my Lady "

Sinead have much pain she is happy that she is not pragnent but the pain she hate.
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

Pergola Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergola Garden   Pergola Garden I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 11:40 pm

Jane smiled and looked to the squire and told him to bring her some remedies and when he did she put the wormwood, mint and balm in Sineads tea "Drink, it'll make the pain go away."
Back to top Go down
Jane Adler
Lady-in-waiting
Jane Adler

Pergola Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergola Garden   Pergola Garden I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 11:43 pm

She drink the tea.

" My Lady i hope you forgive me my mistake.I have learn that nothing is in secret at court.
How goes your Mother?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pergola Garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pergola Garden   Pergola Garden I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pergola Garden
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Tudors World :: ENGLAND / Palaces and Houses :: Whitehall Palace :: St. James's Park-
Jump to: