The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

The Secret Wedding

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stephen Gardiner
Bishop of Winchester
Stephen Gardiner

The Secret Wedding Empty
PostSubject: The Secret Wedding   The Secret Wedding I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 6:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

The Secret Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret Wedding   The Secret Wedding I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 6:17 pm

Jane walked into the chapel and she took a deep breath and waited for her sisters appearance in the chapel as she felt the nerves go throughout her.
Back to top Go down
Anne Bassett
Lady-in-waiting
Anne Bassett

The Secret Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret Wedding   The Secret Wedding I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 6:22 pm

Anne walked down the hallways to the destination her sister had given her, when she reached the chapel she saw her little sister and smiled at her before taking to her side and giving a glance at the man she was going to marry and looking towards the cross silently.
Back to top Go down
Stephen Gardiner
Bishop of Winchester
Stephen Gardiner

The Secret Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret Wedding   The Secret Wedding I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 6:34 pm

Jasper rushed into the chapel with his squire and priest on tow. He glanced to the woman with Jane and smiled politely at her.
He took Jane's hand and kissed it tenderly,"Come,"he whispered and led her to the altar.
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

The Secret Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret Wedding   The Secret Wedding I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 6:35 pm

Jane smiled and looked at her sister and motioned for her to follow and she went with Jasper to the altar and looked the priest then to Jasper with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Stephen Gardiner
Bishop of Winchester
Stephen Gardiner

The Secret Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret Wedding   The Secret Wedding I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 6:41 pm

"In nomine patri et fili spiritu sancti,"the priest began,"Dearly beloved, we are gathered together here in the sight of God to join together this Man and this Woman in holy Matrimony; which is an honourable estate, instituted of God in Paradise, and into which holy estate these two persons present come now to be joined.
Therefore if any man can shew any just cause, why they may not lawfully be joined together, let him now speak, or else hereafter for ever hold his peace
."

Jasper glanced around the chapel at the few people gathered as he held Jane's hands...
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

The Secret Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret Wedding   The Secret Wedding I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 6:43 pm

Jane hoped with all her heart her sister wouldn't speak out, and as soon as she heard the silence she took a deep breath and let it out and looked at the priest as she felt the nerves build back up again.
Back to top Go down
Anne Bassett
Lady-in-waiting
Anne Bassett

The Secret Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret Wedding   The Secret Wedding I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 6:45 pm

Anne looked at her sister and saw her smile..She was truly inlove wit this man, and she swore if this man ever hurt her little sister she would be the one to cause him harm. She chose to be silent the rest of the ceremony just by seeing the nerves and yet happiness on her sisters face that brought herself happiness yet worry for her younger sister.
Back to top Go down
Stephen Gardiner
Bishop of Winchester
Stephen Gardiner

The Secret Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret Wedding   The Secret Wedding I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 6:47 pm

The priest turned to Jasper,"Wilt thou have this Woman to be thy wedded wife, to live together after God's ordinance in the holy estate of Matrimony? Wilt thou love her, comfort her, honour, and keep her, in sickness and in health; and forsaking all other, keep thee only unto her, so long as ye both shall live?"

Jasper glanced to Jane and winked with a grin,"I do,"he mumured.

"And, wilt thou have this man to be thy wedded husband, to live together after God's ordinance in the holy estate of Matrimony? Wilt thou obey him, and serve him, love, honour, and keep him in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all other, keep thee only unto him, so long as ye both shall live?"
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

The Secret Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret Wedding   The Secret Wedding I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 6:49 pm

Jane smiled up at him and she looked at the priest and nodded "Of course i will, i would not be here if i didn't wish so." she whispered as she bit her bottom lip and she looked up at Jasper again.
Back to top Go down
Stephen Gardiner
Bishop of Winchester
Stephen Gardiner

The Secret Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret Wedding   The Secret Wedding I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 6:56 pm

Jasper smiled and leaned to kiss her but the priest cleared his throat and so he took a step back.

The priest then smiled faintly and looked at Jane' sister Anne, still standing beside her.
He cleared his throat and asked,"Who giveth this Woman to be married to this Man?"
Back to top Go down
Anne Bassett
Lady-in-waiting
Anne Bassett

The Secret Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret Wedding   The Secret Wedding I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 6:57 pm

Anne looked up and saw how happy her sister was before taking a deep breath "I do." she said clearly.
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

The Secret Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret Wedding   The Secret Wedding I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 6:59 pm

Jane smiled up at her older sister and nodded slowly at her and she turned back to Jasper then to the priest to wait for the forthcoming words.
Back to top Go down
Stephen Gardiner
Bishop of Winchester
Stephen Gardiner

The Secret Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret Wedding   The Secret Wedding I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 7:03 pm

The priest nodded at the young girl and smiled,"Now please, repeat after me,"he said to Jasper.

"I, Jasper Crawley, take thee, Jane Bassett, to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, for fairer or fouler, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us depart, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereunto I plight thee my troth,"Jasper said as he repeated the priest's words.
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

The Secret Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret Wedding   The Secret Wedding I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 7:06 pm

Jane looked at the priest then at Jasper "I, Jane Bassett, take thee, Jane Crawley, to be my wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, for fairer or fouler, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us depart, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereunto I plight thee my troth," she repeated.
Back to top Go down
Stephen Gardiner
Bishop of Winchester
Stephen Gardiner

The Secret Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret Wedding   The Secret Wedding I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 7:12 pm

"Bless these Rings, O merciful Lord, that those who wear them, that give and receive them, may be ever faithful to one another, remain in your peace, and live and grow old together in your love, under their own vine and fig tree, and seeing their children's children. Amen."
He gave the smallest ring to Jasper, to put it on the fourth finger of the Mary Rose´s left hand, holding the ring there, and asked him again to repeat after him.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"With this Ring I thee wed and with my body I thee honour and with all my worldly goods I thee endow; In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen."

The priest then said,"For you the same, Jane, please, repeat the words after me."
He slowly said the same words as Royce just spoke to her, so she could repeat them while she slid the ring on his finger.

Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

The Secret Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret Wedding   The Secret Wedding I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 7:15 pm

Jane smiled at Jasper as the priest said the last words and she kissed his gently as she entwined her fingers with his, her heart thudding at the events she pulled back from the kiss and looked up at him "Husband." she whispered with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Stephen Gardiner
Bishop of Winchester
Stephen Gardiner

The Secret Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret Wedding   The Secret Wedding I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 7:20 pm

Jasper smirked mischeviously-like a little boy who had discover the most wondrous pleasure or miracle known to man,"Your Grace,"he replied jokingly.

The priest concluded,"Oh eternal God, Creator and Preserver of all mankind, Giver of all spiritual grace, the Author of everlasting life; Send thy blessing upon these thy servants, this Man and this Woman, whom we bless in thy Name; that they, living faithfully together, may surely perform and keep the vow and covenant betwixt them made, whereof this Ring given and received is a token and pledge, and may ever remain in perfect love and peace together, and live according to thy laws; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen."

The priest looked at them sincerely,"Those whom God hath joined together let no man put asunder. I pronounce that you are now Man and Wife,"He smiled at Jasper,"You may now kiss your wife."

Jasper chuckled victoriously and took her into his arms, kissing her more passionately than was perhaps proper. So after a moment of silence he paused and whispered to Jane,"Later."
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

The Secret Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret Wedding   The Secret Wedding I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 7:24 pm

Jane laughed and looked to Jasper with a nod and she turned to the priest "Amen." she whispered "Merci." she added to the whispered and she looked at her sister "Merci, je vais vous voir demain" she said to her sister who understood perfectly she looked to her now husband with a smile her eyes alight with love and passion for the man standing infront of her "Mon Amour."
Back to top Go down
Stephen Gardiner
Bishop of Winchester
Stephen Gardiner

The Secret Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret Wedding   The Secret Wedding I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 7:29 pm

Jasper smiled and took her by the hand. His squire chuckled mischievously by him, with one joking but strict look he giggled into silence. Jasper then looked to her sister,"Thank Lady Bassett."

He kissed Jane's hand,"We should leave now..."
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

The Secret Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret Wedding   The Secret Wedding I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 7:31 pm

Jane nodded at him "I think so too." she whispered and she walked towards the exit and tugged on his hand for him to come with a smile "Mon Amour, venir." she whispered as she grinned at him.
Back to top Go down
Stephen Gardiner
Bishop of Winchester
Stephen Gardiner

The Secret Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret Wedding   The Secret Wedding I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 7:33 pm

He grinned and swept her into his arms. He kissed her hungrily as they walked down the corridor,"I believe you owe me my conjugal rights,"he joked.
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

The Secret Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret Wedding   The Secret Wedding I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 7:35 pm

Jane laughed and she nodded at him "I believe i do, husband." she whispered "I believe i am never going to cease calling you that, because i cannot believe i am finally your wife."
Back to top Go down
Stephen Gardiner
Bishop of Winchester
Stephen Gardiner

The Secret Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret Wedding   The Secret Wedding I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 7:39 pm

Jasper laughed softly,"I do not mind it either-wife."
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

The Secret Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret Wedding   The Secret Wedding I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 7:41 pm

Jane smiled and kissed him softly "I love you." she whispered softly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Secret Wedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Secret Wedding   The Secret Wedding I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Secret Wedding
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next