The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Letters between Charlotte Rosenauer and Mary Rose Tudor

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

Letters between Charlotte Rosenauer and Mary Rose Tudor Empty
PostSubject: Letters between Charlotte Rosenauer and Mary Rose Tudor   Letters between Charlotte Rosenauer and Mary Rose Tudor I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 10:32 pm

Dear Princess Mary Rose,

Please forgive any absence of my writing to you, I was not sure if it would be allowed, considering that my husband and I were in exile. We have just received word that the king has pardoned us, and Anthony shall be returning to Whitehall very soon. I shall follow soon.. along with my son!

I have given birth to a boy, the sweetest child I have ever laid eyes on, and he is the keeper of my heart. He is healthy, and the labor went very successfully. I hope I may warn you against the pain, however! It is not a very physically endearing trial, but it is such a worthwhile thing to see the product of love.. We have named him Henry, after your brother the king. I do hope he will like this.

On another note, sad news keeps me in Bavaria for the time being. My benefactress Gia Francesca Gasparri is very ill, and indeed I fear for her life. It saddens me to see her in such a state, but I would greatly appreciate any prayers you can send her way.

Take care, and God bless! I hope to return to England soon, and to be in your service once more!

Sincerely,

Lady Charlotte Rosenauer-Knivert
Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Charlotte Rosenauer and Mary Rose Tudor   Letters between Charlotte Rosenauer and Mary Rose Tudor I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 11:24 pm

Dear Charlotte,

Your news bring such joy to me and I can not wait to meet your son and to see you again...He must be the sweetest boy in the world and I congratulations with all my heart. I am sure that my brother would be very happy to hear that you name him after him,it is great honor.

I am very sorry to hear that Gia isn't well, and I will keep her in my prayers and if I can do anythig for her or you please don't hesitate to ask.

Take care of yourself and your son...Come back when you can and your place as my lady will always be yours.

Mary Rose Tudor
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Charlotte Rosenauer and Mary Rose Tudor   Letters between Charlotte Rosenauer and Mary Rose Tudor I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 2:34 am

Dear Mary Rose,

I thank you for your kind words, I look forward very much to seeing the English court again, and I will be very glad to serve you again. I am so sorry that I had to miss your wedding, I had so been looking forward to it, but I have sent my gift to you and your husband the duke, I hope you shall receive it soon.

Please do tell me how married life is for you! I hope you have all the blessings and joy marriage can offer. I wish you and His Grace all the best, a life of happiness and love.

Is there anything new going on at court? It seems Bavaria is a separate universe! I have only heard a few tidbits of gossip from foreign diplomats, but nothing very interesting.

Sending you my well-wishes,

Charlotte
Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Charlotte Rosenauer and Mary Rose Tudor   Letters between Charlotte Rosenauer and Mary Rose Tudor I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 4:00 pm

Dearest Charlotte,

I wish that you could be on my weeding,it was very beautiful but I will tell you all once when you return...Thank you for your kind wishes they mean a lot to me,and I must say that my life never have been better than now.I am so happy that sometimes I think everything is a dream...I can not wait for you to meet my husband you will like him very much.

For the news the only thing that happen is that Cardinal
Wolsey is arrested for treason,but I am sure that you already heard that.

Your dearest friend,
Mary Rose.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Charlotte Rosenauer and Mary Rose Tudor   Letters between Charlotte Rosenauer and Mary Rose Tudor I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 12:00 am

Dear Mary Rose,

I cannot wait to hear every detail, believe me when I say I was there in spirit, as was your beloved sister Margaret. The duke sounds like a fine gentleman, and it would be an honor to meet him. I hope things have been going quite well between you two, I am quite sure he adores you.

Unfortunately even whispers do not reach as far as Bavaria, and this is the first I have heard of the cardinal's imprisonment. What a scandal! But then there have been many changes in England since I've been living there. I pray you and yours stay safe.

Always,

Charlotte
Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Charlotte Rosenauer and Mary Rose Tudor   Letters between Charlotte Rosenauer and Mary Rose Tudor I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 12:25 am

Dearest Charlotte,

I am not sure that he adors me but he is very good to me,and things betwen us can not be better...I have never been more happy in my life,he makes me happy.I just hope that soon I will stay with child and then my happiness would be compleate.

How is your son?I do hope that he is well.

I was shook when I hear the news as well,he was like father to Henry,but that Boleyn girl will ruin us all.

Sincerely,
Mary Rose Tudor
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Charlotte Rosenauer and Mary Rose Tudor   Letters between Charlotte Rosenauer and Mary Rose Tudor I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 1:03 am

Dearest Mary Rose,

I am truly glad you are happy in your marriage, I think a happy union is one of the greatest gifts that life can give us. If you become with child I will give you advice, only if you want it. Being a mother is one of the most amazing experiences a woman can ever have and I feel so lucky to have little Henry with me. He is the joy of my life.

So far he is very good and healthy. Thank you for asking! He contracted a small fever a few days after his birth but he quickly recovered. I think he will be strong. It is a marvel just to look at him and to hold him... I pray you have a child soon, our children can grow up as friends!

So do you mean to say that the Boleyn family had a part in the cardinal's arrest? I have never met the lady for myself, nor any of her family but she must have a very strong hold on the king.

Worry not, I am sending a trusted courier with our messages, so there is no risk of these being intercepted and read, so feel free to say as you like.

I remain,
your friend,
Charlotte
Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Charlotte Rosenauer and Mary Rose Tudor   Letters between Charlotte Rosenauer and Mary Rose Tudor I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 8:56 pm

Dearest Charlotte,

Of course,I would be more than glad to hear your advice,always...It must be wonderfuld being mother and I can not wait for it.

I am glad to hear that he is well,and I am sure that he will be strong like his mother.I really can not wait to see little Henry and it would bring the joy in my heart if our children would be friends,of course if I ever have one.

I am sure that Boleyn family have something with that,since we all know that they hate cardinal very much,and since my brother listen just lady Anne makes me sure of it.You are lucky that you never meet I wish I can say the same.

Your friend always,
Mary Rose
Back to top Go down
Charlotte Rosenauer
Countess of Venice
Charlotte Rosenauer

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Charlotte Rosenauer and Mary Rose Tudor   Letters between Charlotte Rosenauer and Mary Rose Tudor I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 2:13 am

Dearest Mary Rose,

You will make an excellent mother, you have a gentle way about you, and have such wisdom, I have learned things from being at your service.

I cannot wait to bring Henry to the country he will grow up in. Thank you for thinking I am strong, I am only glad he is in such great health. I have a feeling our children would grow to be the greatest of friends. Also, it would be quite cute if you had a girl, and she and little Henry were sweethearts. But I am thinking far into the future, for right now I cannot bear to part from my son. While here in Bavaria I have learned of an herbal remedy that helps a woman to conceive. If you wish I shall give you the recipe. I have not of course tried it myself but it may be worth a try.

I am so sorry then that the Boleyns are your in-laws. But with hope you shall be able to avoid her if possible. I also hope this woman may just be a passing fancy, nothing more.

Always your friend and at your service,
Charlotte.
Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Charlotte Rosenauer and Mary Rose Tudor   Letters between Charlotte Rosenauer and Mary Rose Tudor I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 2:31 pm

Dearest Charlotte,

I do hope that I will be great mother one day ,like my mother were.You are very strong my dear and little Henry is lucky to have a mother like you...Oh that would be so sweet if our children would be sweethearts.

I will be very much grateful to you if you would give me a the recipe it can not hurt to try...How is your friend?Is she feeling any better?

I do hope so too,but each day I lose a hope that my brother will come back to his wife.

Sending you my best wishes,
Mary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Charlotte Rosenauer and Mary Rose Tudor   Letters between Charlotte Rosenauer and Mary Rose Tudor I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Letters between Charlotte Rosenauer and Mary Rose Tudor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Tudors World :: OUT OF ROLEPLAY :: Letters-
Jump to: