The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Great Hall

Go down 
+39
Jane Parker
Grace de Velville
Charles Brandon
Anthony Denny
Elizabeth Bryan
Anne Bassett
Dorothy Seymour
Louis Castillon
Clement Smyth
Mary Sheldon
Joan Fitzgerald
Anne Lumley
Madeline Stuart
Katherine Tudor
Frederick I of Denmark
Maria Enriquez de Luna
John Seymour
Thomas Wyatt
Dorothea of Saxe-Lauenbur
Nicholas Carew
Benjamin Baines
Catherine Parr
George Boleyn
Niklaus Petrovin
Mark Smeaton
Thomas More
Eustace Chapuys
Ursula Misseldon
Charlotte Rosenauer
Matthew Whitcombe
Mary Boleyn
William Stafford
Francesca Benedetti
Jane Bassett
Mary Tudor
Elizabeth Crawley
Anthony Knivert
Francis Bryan
Angelique LaMarnier
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Dorothy Seymour
Lady-in-waiting
Dorothy Seymour

Great Hall - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:52 pm

"Well, a lady like us wouldn't normally go against their mother or father's wishes." Dorothy removes a small feather that must of came from a lady's headpiece out of Anne's hair "I presume that you're daring like your brothers."
Back to top Go down
Anne Bassett
Lady-in-waiting
Anne Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:58 pm

She blushed lightly and she shrugged a little "I.." she took a deep breath "I was raised in the French court, I am naturally daring." she admitted to her and she looked down and gulped before smiling "I am my mothers daughter."
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Gentleman of the Privy Chamber
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 9:48 pm

Anthony stepped into the great hall in the evening, ducking his head in a friendly manner to a few of his acquaintances. He collected a large cup of ale for himself and took a seat by the burning hearth.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Bryan
Housewife
Elizabeth Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 10:11 pm

Eliza hadn't been at the English court for awhile. She had been away to her ancestral home in Ireland. Making her way through to the great hall; Eliza noticed all the familiar faces that graced this court. She wasn't planning on stopping but a familiar figure catched her eye.

Picking up the hem of her dress; Eliza went and hid behind the curtain. Casually popping her head out now and then.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 10:13 pm

Anthony absent mindedly glanced up, looking about the hall casually and then he saw her. He nearly choked on his ale. He straightened up and put down his cup, nodding his head in her direction.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Bryan
Housewife
Elizabeth Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 10:21 pm

Eliza had planned to slip away but he saw her so she couldn't hide.

Stepping out she looked elsewhere keeping their eye contact minimal.

'It's been awhile hasn't it Denny.'
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 10:25 pm

Anthony smiled to himself, he wasn't exactly used to coming across old conquests. He stood up and gestured for her to take a seat, "Come now, I'm not Medusa. There was a time you did nothing but gaze into my eyes, " he said and laughed mischievously.

He took a seat again and sipped his ale, glancing at her appraisingly. She had changed very little from when they had last been with one another, "You look well..."
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Bryan
Housewife
Elizabeth Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 10:42 pm

'I would make a rather fitting statue.'

Seating herself Eliza did try to tone down her glare.

'The only reason I ever looked into your eye's was because I was vaguely naive. Not aware that both our families had other plans for us.'

When Denny wasn't looking Eliza allowed herself to stare at him just for a split second.

He was still the same old man which was surprisingly comforting. Especially in an ever changing court.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 7:06 am

"Well neither was I, Beth, "he began, "I didn't know that I was already bound."

"When we were last-, "he cleared his throat, his mind quickly flashing to her...and him, "-together, well, I had no notion."

He leaned over the table-looking directly into her bright grey eyes, "I am sorry if I...if it, the situation, caused you pain."
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Bryan
Housewife
Elizabeth Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 8:29 am

It took a lot of self-restraint to not reach out to him over the table. To look in his eye's was also unbearable.

'Do you have any regrets.'

Eliza didn't want him to know that it hurt her to not see him again. It wasn't his fault it was our families.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 9:15 am

He shrugged simply, "No...no, I don't believe that I do."
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Bryan
Housewife
Elizabeth Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 9:43 am

Tentatively Eliza rested her fingers before his. They weren't touching but it was a form of connection.

'I am glad that we can be civil towards each other. We had some-'

Eliza gave him a cheeky grin reminiscing about their time together still left her breathless.

'We had some exotic times that I think I must of dreamt it all up.'
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 9:56 am

Anthony smirked, laughing deeply and gently, "I suppose we did," he said and for a moment he allowed himself to touch her slender fingers. Yet he eventually sat back, breaking their chord of communion.

"But I hear you have another now, "He began, less intimately, "What is he like?"
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Bryan
Housewife
Elizabeth Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 5:00 pm

'Not another by choice I assure you. He travels a lot don't be jealous Denny he isn't a patch on you.'

Eliza gave him a knowing look. It was nice to be in his company again even if for a brief moment.She wanted to ask him about his wife but couldn't face it.

'You seem very happy please know that I won't try to ruin your happiness.'
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 5:10 pm

Anthony chuckled, "I'm not jealous. I am happy that you have someone...besides you and I were never...well it was never that serious."

He then poured himself some more ale and reclined into his chair, a relaxed smile formed on his lips, "I'm content," he began,"She is nothing like you...you are very different but...we get on."
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Bryan
Housewife
Elizabeth Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 5:22 pm

'No as you never seemed like you wanted to settle down. Our fornacation, well it meant something to me. I mean, you opened up my eye's to the woman I could become so I become her.'

Before Eliza met Denny she wasn't as confident as she now presents herself.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 5:43 pm

Anthony smiled earnestly, "It did mean something to me...just not something serious. I'm glad you feel you have grown...but I don't feel you needed to. You were entirely capable and I think you are now.."

Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Bryan
Housewife
Elizabeth Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 6:10 pm

Eliza took his ale and drank the rest of his remains. She never loved Anthony never took their encounters serious so why did she feel a sad pull towards him.

'It was just sex without the finer feelings. But I missed you.'

Her voice came out hoarse as she tilted the mug for a refill.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 6:25 pm

Anthony poured her a cup of ale, "Well I suppose it is natural to miss...fun times."
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Bryan
Housewife
Elizabeth Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 6:34 pm

'I think I thought I could turn to you whenever I wanted. Now that I can't...

Eliza covered her eye's she didn't want to act this way around him ever.

'I'm sorry Denny thinking about the happier days is always hard.'
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 6:47 pm

Anthony frowned a little, "But you have someone now-who would be a fool if he did not recognise his luck in having you...I know."

He smiled a little, "If circumstances were different, Beth, well...," he trailed off, she'd know what he meant. Had she appeared when he arrived in court, she would have been his again. Now it was not that he couldn't but simply that he didn't want to. He felt no lust for others as he had. He would not say he loved Joan, at least not admit it for months to come. He still doubted he could love someone, not properly anyway. Yet, he admitted to the instinctive protectiveness he felt for Joan, her endearing character appealed to his heart such as one never had before.

"I do not wish to cause my intended hurt. I'm older than her and she'll be in my care. I think she shall care for me and I intend to look after her.'
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Bryan
Housewife
Elizabeth Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 7:13 pm

'I don't want to be your lover.'

Eliza whispered her voice filled with anger she was not one to go and ruin others relationships.

'Francis begged the king for him to find me a marriage, they all knew about us Denny!

Eliza was going to tell him what had really happened when they stopped becoming lovers. But as he was happy she decided not to as it would come across as vindictive on her part. The only person who could understand her in this court she would have to seek and find.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 7:17 pm

He frowned, "I am sorry...but, we both knew what we were going into. It has done you no harm, I hope?"
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Bryan
Housewife
Elizabeth Bryan

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 7:42 pm

'Their was a child but the past is in the past right?

Eliza felt no better for telling him it was evident that he cared only for his future happiness.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 7:44 pm

Anthony was about to take a sip of ale but after her words his eyes widened, his cup was put back on the table.

"What are you talking about?" he asked in disbelief, "What child?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great Hall   Great Hall - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great Hall
Page 10 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next