The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Letters between Duchess of Lancaster and Prince Edward

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

Letters between Duchess of Lancaster and Prince Edward Empty
PostSubject: Letters between Duchess of Lancaster and Prince Edward   Letters between Duchess of Lancaster and Prince Edward I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 2:39 pm

Your Highness,

Your may be a Prince but my daughter is my daughter. She will not touch Scottish soil whilst she is with child, if you are so up for seeing her and her little bump come to Lancaster where i can keep my eye on you especially or go to Thornbury, either way either me or my son will watch you as we don't trust you since you let her with child, we should have never contracted her to you..never trust the Scottish them, words are right.

Her Grace,
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett.
Back to top Go down
Francis of Navarre
King of Navarre
Francis of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Duchess of Lancaster and Prince Edward   Letters between Duchess of Lancaster and Prince Edward I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 3:13 pm

Your Grace,

I didnt abandon your daughter. Your people were either too blind or too stupid to find that I was precontracted to marry another, thus making our marriage invalid. If my child is not able to see me, England will have a war on their hands. Never trust pretenders is what us scottish say.

Sincerely,

HRH Prince Edward of Scotland
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Duchess of Lancaster and Prince Edward   Letters between Duchess of Lancaster and Prince Edward I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 3:18 pm

Your Highness,

Why put war upon English hands? It is not Englands fault that my daughter wishes to keep her child. We should come up with an agreement, but i do not trust you Scottish enough to let my daughter go to Scotland, she is too precious to me.

Her Grace,
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett.
Back to top Go down
Francis of Navarre
King of Navarre
Francis of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Duchess of Lancaster and Prince Edward   Letters between Duchess of Lancaster and Prince Edward I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Your Grace,

My child with Elizabeth, once born, will be the heir to Scotland's throne and the child will grow up in Scotland and receive a princely education. My brother refuses to have the possible next king or queen of Scotland to grow up in England. King Henry has been informed of Scotland's intentions when it comes to my child....

Sincerely,

Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Duchess of Lancaster and Prince Edward   Letters between Duchess of Lancaster and Prince Edward I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 3:31 pm

Your Highness,

And what if its a girl? Will it be treated the same? Why don't you have your own child with Cordelia and let us keep the child, it is more easier for us all. Do you not think it is cruel to make a young babe to be parted from its mother? surely the child will grow sick.

Her Grace,
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett.
Back to top Go down
Francis of Navarre
King of Navarre
Francis of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Duchess of Lancaster and Prince Edward   Letters between Duchess of Lancaster and Prince Edward I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 3:39 pm

Your Grace,

Scotland is not under Salic Law and a girl is allowed to inherit. If the child doesnt come to Scotland, be prepared for troops to invade. Im sure you dont want it...

King Henry cancelled the agreement of marriage between Cordelia and I.

Sincerely,

Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Duchess of Lancaster and Prince Edward   Letters between Duchess of Lancaster and Prince Edward I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 3:51 pm

Your Highness,

But Cordelia has left court from what i have heard, so there is only one place at where she could be. Anyways, my daughter should atleast have some bonding time with her child.

Her Grace,
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett.
Back to top Go down
Francis of Navarre
King of Navarre
Francis of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Duchess of Lancaster and Prince Edward   Letters between Duchess of Lancaster and Prince Edward I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 3:54 pm

Your Grace,

I would never deny Elizabeth that right but the child will grow up here in Scotland and can go to England on holiday. Cordelia is mostblikely at Ludlow as I haven't seen her.

Sincerely,

Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Duchess of Lancaster and Prince Edward   Letters between Duchess of Lancaster and Prince Edward I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 3:56 pm

Your Highness,

I cannot talk though letters as i am being watched because of Thomas Boleyn, if you come to Lancaster i can have Elizabeth come too and we can sort this out.

Her Grace,
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett.
Back to top Go down
Francis of Navarre
King of Navarre
Francis of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Duchess of Lancaster and Prince Edward   Letters between Duchess of Lancaster and Prince Edward I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 4:00 pm

Your Grace,

I have been banished from England for the time being so you both would have to come to Scotland.

Sincerely,

Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Duchess of Lancaster and Prince Edward   Letters between Duchess of Lancaster and Prince Edward I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 4:03 pm

Your Highness,

You swear if we come to Scotland you would let us back out again?

Her Grace,
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett
Back to top Go down
Francis of Navarre
King of Navarre
Francis of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Duchess of Lancaster and Prince Edward   Letters between Duchess of Lancaster and Prince Edward I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 4:08 pm

Your Grace,

I wouldnt force you to stay. We need to come to some sort of agreement over the baby. Scotland's terms are firm.

Sincerely,

Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Duchess of Lancaster and Prince Edward   Letters between Duchess of Lancaster and Prince Edward I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 4:14 pm

Your Highness,

I and Elizabeth will come to Scotland, i will be there soon.

Her Grace
Duchess of Lancaster,
Jane Bassett.
Back to top Go down
Francis of Navarre
King of Navarre
Francis of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Duchess of Lancaster and Prince Edward   Letters between Duchess of Lancaster and Prince Edward I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 4:20 pm

Your Grace,

I have rooms prepared for you both.

Edward
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Duchess of Lancaster and Prince Edward   Letters between Duchess of Lancaster and Prince Edward I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Letters between Duchess of Lancaster and Prince Edward
Page 1 of 1