The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Kenninghall

Go down 
+9
Anne Rose Howard
Thomas Boleyn
Catherine Carey
Muriel Howard
Catherine Howard
Sabrina Howard
Mary Dawn
Mary Boleyn
Thomas Howard
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

Kenninghall - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 11:38 am

I meet the servant and he tells me that she is delighted at the gift.

I travel upstairs to meet the lady Dawn: "I am pleased that you like the gift my Lady" I tell her.

"I wish you to stay here as my mistress for a while my lady" I insist.
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 12:20 pm

I had just finished getting into my new dress when the Duke enters his room, I can see why he is so admired by the other ladies at court.

"I thank you most heartedly your Grace" I reply with a smile "It is a perfect fit and so fine" I smooth my hands over the sides of the gown loving the feel of the material

His Grace's request takes me by surprise, why me of all the ladies! I blush deeply and look down "Sir" I whisper "I am but a plain lady in waiting, why ask this of me?" I look up into his eyes and feel my heart quicken
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 11:14 am

"I am pleased that you like the gown Mary" I tell her.
"That gown belonged to my wife but I don't know where she is now and I would like to wed you my lady and make you the Duchess of Norfolk" I tell her.
"Do not mention this to anyone"I tell Mary
"I will speak to the Queen and ask for a divorce from Elizabeth so that we can marry"
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 11:16 am

I go back downstairs to talk to the lady Mary Boleyn and the rest of my family: How are you all my ladies? I ask
Back to top Go down
Catherine Howard
Schoolgirl
Catherine Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 4:49 am

It was the first time my father's family had made notice of me, and my invitation to Kenninghall filled me with joy at being among people again. I wore a pretty, if borrowed, gown of lightest pink and cream, with my hair loosely flowing to show my virginal state. Though that itself was quite debatable so far, I wanted to look decent for my family.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 11:20 am

I heard of the lady Catherine Howard's arrival and I went to meet her: "How are you my lady you look lovely?"
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2016 1:23 pm

Thomas Howard wrote:
"I am pleased that you like the gown Mary" I tell her.
"That gown belonged to my wife but I don't know where she is now and I would like to wed you my lady and make you the Duchess of Norfolk" I tell her.
"Do not mention this to anyone"I tell Mary
"I will speak to the Queen and ask for a divorce from Elizabeth so that we can marry"

For a moment I thought I had misheard his Grace, a proposal of marriage from such an honourable and well known gentleman was something I had never expected.

"Your Grace, I am highly honoured" I stutter trying to gather my wits "We do not know each other, I know you are the Uncle of our most gracious Queen Anne"

I gently sit down as I take it what has been asked of me, my chest feels tight as I look at his Grace

"I promise I will not say a word of what has passed between us Sir"
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 10:56 am

I return upstairs and talk to the lady Dawn:"Would you be interested in my offer my lady?" I ask

"I will speak with her majesty my niece and see if she will help me with a divorce and then I will make you the duchess of Norfolk would you like that?"
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 2:44 pm

I was grateful towards his Grace for giving me some time to think about his proposal, I could hear his family rejoicing as they greet each other in the hall and my mind whirls as I try and imagine myself rising to such a high position within the family

I smile and stand as his Grace enters, I walk towards him and place my hand upon his arm "Sir I am beyond words, I never believed that such as great man who be interested in me and I would be happy to accept" I gently curtsey "I pray that her Majesty agrees to your request" I breath deeply to calm my nerves
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 11:36 am

"I am happy that you have accepted my proposal and now I will talk to her grace about it"
Back to top Go down
Catherine Howard
Schoolgirl
Catherine Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 1:58 am

Thomas Howard wrote:
I heard of the lady Catherine Howard's arrival and I went to meet her: "How are you my lady you look lovely?"

I bowed in perfect motion. "I am very well, my lord uncle. I hope this day finds favor with you. And thank you for inviting me."
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 10:41 am

"I am pleased that you are well Catherine and this day does please me indeed"
"You are always welcome at my estate" I tell her
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 5:40 pm

Thomas Howard wrote:
"I am happy that you have accepted my proposal and now I will talk to her grace about it"

I move forward and plant a gentle kiss upon his Graces cheek "I hope you do not think me forward Your Grace" I whisper as I stare into his magnificent eyes
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 10:54 am

"You are not being forward my lady I appreciate that kiss you just gave me it was pleasant".
"I will now go and talk with her majesty and see if she can help?"
"Would you like to stay here with me or go back to your house and await my request to send for you?"
"If you decide to go back home my lady do not tell anyone why you are here because all of my family are downstairs at the party".
I leave the room and prepare to meet the queen at Whitehall and I tell the servant to contact my master of the horse and for him to prepare my stallion ready for travel to Whitehall.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 11:04 am

before I leave I went to talk to the lady Mary Boleyn: "Mary I would like to meet your children if I may". What do you say?".

I tell the cook to prepare a great feast for everyone for when I return.

I tell Mary: "I am going to see the queen about something but I will be back shortly OK?. When I return we can have the feast I have ready."
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 12:14 pm

I smile and blush "Sir I shall return to Court, of course I will leave before you to ensure that no one can link us together until you speak to her Majesty" I walk towards the bed "Her Majesty expects me back to wait upon her"

I pick up the dress that I arrived in "Your Grace I will need to change" I notion towards the dress my new loved one had given me
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 11:21 am

"I will send for you when I am ready my lady and give you back the gown but do not tell anyone about us"
Back to top Go down
Muriel Howard
Duchess of Norfolk
Muriel Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 5:36 am

Mary Boleyn wrote:
Muriel Howard wrote:
Word in court had reached me of a Howard family gathering. We haven't had one of these since, well yes. I hoped that it would be a simple gathering to talk together like normally families did. Secretly, I hoped Thomas Boleyn wouldn't come as soon as he and my father got together. They would spend hours and hours scheming  about court the king even. It felt nice to be away from the clouded London air and out into the countryside once more. Upon arriving a servant announced me to the guests.
Mary turns around as a servant announces her Cousin Muriel "Welcome Cousin Muriel." she smiles as she approaches Muriel "Your father has told me much about you."

Mary! I exclaimed as we greeted each other as though this wasn't our first meeting. As children, we had all gotten together, but the Boleyn girls were sent off to France. While the rest of us grew up in the court of Henry VIII. You look lovely how is that sweet young daughter of yours? I'm surprised that we hadn't met seen each other at Whitehall still am glad to be in your company now. I had a lot of time for Mary who was now starting to be referred to as the other Boleyn girl.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 11:32 am

I went to greet Muriel who had just arrived: "Welcome Muriel"
Back to top Go down
Mary Boleyn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 6:58 pm

"She is very well. " Mary smiles "I'm surprised we hadn't met each other often like cousins should." Mary says "Now that we have met, I hope we see each other more at Whitehall."
Back to top Go down
Catherine Howard
Schoolgirl
Catherine Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 11:05 pm

Thomas Howard wrote:
"I am pleased that you are well Catherine and this day does please me indeed"
"You are always welcome at my estate" I tell her

"That means so much to me! I thank you from the bottom of my heart," she smiled dazzlingly.
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Dawn

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 7:51 pm

"My Lord I promise you that I shall not speak to anyone about this" I reply from behind a screen as I change my dress, I gently fold the gown and walk towards his Grace "I look forward to meeting again soon" I smile and hand back the dress. My heart flutters as I go to leave and begin my journey back to court
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 11:13 am

" You are always welcome here Catherine and I hope that you enjoy your stay" I tell her
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 11:16 am

"I will see you soon and I will send you some gowns My lady Mary" I tell her.
"See you soon"
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 11:23 am

"We thread in your bedchamber next time Mary"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kenninghall
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Tudors World :: ENGLAND / Cities :: Norfolk-
Jump to: