The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Kenninghall

Go down 
+9
Anne Rose Howard
Thomas Boleyn
Catherine Carey
Muriel Howard
Catherine Howard
Sabrina Howard
Mary Dawn
Mary Boleyn
Thomas Howard
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

Kenninghall - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 6:52 pm

Mary just stared at her Mother and sighed, "Father has already tried one arranged marriage and it was a total failure. No man wants me because I don't want them. I was foolish and let myself fall in love, I should have known better and now I just don't want to marry. I don't want to be trapped in a marriage without love or some kind of feeling between us."

She stepped closer to her Mother then. "I look nervous because I hate talking about this, I was a fool and I am no longer a maid. What man would want me now?"
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 8:15 pm

I believe you would make an ideal bride for the young Duke if Richmond what do you say?
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Stafford Howard
3rd Duchess of Norfolk

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 1:16 am

Thomas are you listening to our daughter. Sweetheart, I understand about wanting to be with a man that you love. Being in a marriage that was arrange is terrible. Sometimes they can work if you let them. But if you are in love with someone else tell us. Let us know if there is someone you care for. We just want you to be happy. But Mary you think that you are no longer a maid and that no one would want you but that is not true. You are truly wanted. We love you so we are listening to you. *I sit down and I invited Mary to sit next to me*
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 2:09 am

Mary moved over to sit down next to her Mother. She bit her bottom lip hard trying hard not to cry but just the thought of him hurt after all this time. Speaking softly she looked down. "There is only one man that I have ever cared for, he was so kind to me and I fell in love with him. I love him still but he was married." Her cheeks burned red as she spoke of him. "I know that is was wrong but I love him still."
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 12:23 pm

I go and sit next to them both and say Mary who is this man you love and I try and comfort her and I give her a box of jewels just like I gave her mother.
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 3:42 pm

"Father you know who the man is, you scolded me away from him. It is not his fault that he has a horrible reputation but he is not a bad man. I knew what I was doing when I was with him, its my fault that I fell in love." Mary said softly as she balanced the box of jewels her father gave her on her lap but barely looking at it. "It doesn't matter, he and I have not seen or spoken in a long time. I am trying to forget him."
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 4:53 pm

I turn and tell Elizabeth.

Mary was a dear good friend of old Francis Bryan and (I turn back to Mary) if you wish to marry him I say you should for you live him.

Do you like the jewels Mary?
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 5:30 pm

Mary just stared openly at her father, "what did you just say? Did you really just give me permission to marry him?" She sat dumbfounded never imagining he would do that. "He is married so it cannot be and thank you for the jewels, they are lovely."
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 8:01 pm

Yes I did give you permission to marry him Mary I always want what isbest for you and what happened to your old husband Henry Fitzroy the Duke of Richmond as your are the Duchess of Richmond.

I am glad you like the jewels. I have upgraded your rooms here at Kenninghall and I hope you like them.

They are decorated beautifully with things you like.
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2016 6:35 pm

Mary sat there speechless, she looked down at the jewels in her lap but didn't really see them. Her mind was still on what her father had just said but she had not seen or heard from Francis for so long. Thinking about him she ran her fingers over the jewels.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2016 6:45 pm

I know you love him so if you want marry him you have my permission.
Back to top Go down
3rd Duchess of Norfolk

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 1:08 am

Darling I know that you love this man but he is married. He can not compete to you my darling. No matter how much you want him. I understand your love for him that I really do. All I ask is that you at least talk to Henry Fitzroy. Getting to know him better he may appeal to you. You may feel differently once you get to know him. Your love right now can not be in your life. I wish it was different but he can not be yours. *I know that she is hurting by what I am saying to her but it is something she must her and no matter how much I love her I can't stand to see her hurt but no matter what she still will be hurt.*
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 1:22 am

Mary sighed listening to her Mother. She wanted to follow her heart straight to Francis but he was married. She could not change that. She sighed again then looked down.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 6:38 am

Mary you should listenvto your mother's wise words as yes Francis is married and if I could I would ask Francis to divorce his wife for you or like you mother said why not go and talk to Fitzroy my dear and speak with him properly.
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 3:57 pm

Mary sighed but nodded. "Fine I will go and speak to him then."
Back to top Go down
3rd Duchess of Norfolk

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 5:16 pm

Mary it may not be as bad as you imagine. You may find that he will be a wonderful person and make an amiable husband. Sometimes you see the man you want but there is a better a man around the corner waiting for you who is truly special for you. Please at least talk to him, spend some time with him. I am not saying to marry him right away just date.
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 5:22 pm

"Yes Mother." Mary answered, she looked over blankly across the room waiting to be dismissed.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 4:48 am

Mary I agree with your mother and I nod to Mary that she can be dismissed.

Good luck Mary.

I turn and speak to my wife.

How do you think it went with Mary?
Back to top Go down
Mary Boleyn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 6:29 pm

A servant announces Mary's arrival "The Lady Mary is here, Sir."
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 4:59 am

Ah Mary how are you?

I wanted you to know that I am to represent England in battle alongside Naples against the French and I did not want you to worry abd What did Cromwell think he was doing areesting Lady Dawn and questioning you?
Back to top Go down
Mary Boleyn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 12:48 am

"I'm well." Mary says "Mr. Cromwell says that you and he Lady Dawn are on now good terms." He then questions about the ladies being in the tower. "You told His Majesty on The lady Dawn which led to Master secretary questioning her about the refusal of marriage." She explains "I was then I was either mentioned or was requested by the lady dawn, Which she had the right to do."
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 7:39 pm

I am glad I wish to see her and talk to her can you summon her for me?

We are having a family gathering soon can you come?
Back to top Go down
Mary Boleyn
Lady-in-waiting
Mary Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2016 3:02 am

"I know Cromwell did say that you and the lady Dawn are on good terms, doesn't mean it's true. He didn't say what Mary told him what her thoughts are." Mary says "after what you have done, her thoughts about you may have been changed."
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2016 1:11 pm

I know but please can you just get her to come and see me. Get her to come to Whitehall to see me.

Will you be coming to the family gathering?
Back to top Go down
George Boleyn
Lord Rochford
George Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2016 10:04 pm

George left the side of his wife and wandering through the halls came upon his dear sister and uncle engaged in something that he was not privy to earlier today. "A family gathering you say? When is this to take place and how have my duties prevented me from knowing this." A laugh escapes his sly mouth as he intrudes on their conversation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kenninghall   Kenninghall - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kenninghall
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Tudors World :: ENGLAND / Cities :: Norfolk-
Jump to: