The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Royal Vasa's family Apartments

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

Royal Vasa's family Apartments Empty
PostSubject: Royal Vasa's family Apartments   Royal Vasa's family Apartments I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 9:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Charles Brandon on Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Isabella Vasa
Princess of Sweden
Isabella Vasa

PostSubject: Re: Royal Vasa's family Apartments   Royal Vasa's family Apartments I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2019 5:17 pm

Isabella Vasa had been staying in the royal apartments with her brother as company, fully aware her brother intended to find her a husband. She sat by a window with her ladies attending to her and some cards placed on the table for entertainment while she sat there with a book on that of her lap.
Back to top Go down
William Pennington
Servant
William Pennington

PostSubject: Re: Royal Vasa's family Apartments   Royal Vasa's family Apartments I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2019 5:45 pm

William was told to bring some wine in Princess's Apartment to welcome her at court. He had a bottle and a cup in his hands. He knoked at her door

A gift from His Majesty, Your Highness. Am I allowed to come in?

He said with neutral voice while waiting for someone to open the door
Back to top Go down
Isabella Vasa
Princess of Sweden
Isabella Vasa

PostSubject: Re: Royal Vasa's family Apartments   Royal Vasa's family Apartments I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2019 5:53 pm

Isabella sits by the window and her servants open the door for him at her desire they do so. Looking at the man she nodded "thank you sir, yes do come in." she says and saw the wine "a gift from his majesty the King of England you say? It is kind of him to give gifts for my family. Do tell him thank you for me" Isabella given him a kind smile, she was young and generous herself but grateful his majesty was kind to think of her so much so to offer gifts.
Back to top Go down
William Pennington
Servant
William Pennington

PostSubject: Re: Royal Vasa's family Apartments   Royal Vasa's family Apartments I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2019 6:18 pm

William stepped inside room and placed the bottle and the cup upn the table. He bowed deeply and smiled. Looking at her, he noticed she was young and very beautiful. He was thinking that the Princess was older or something

The King wishes that you feel at home, Your Highness. And I'm glad to bring you his regards. I'm..Charles Brandon's secretary. My name is William Pennington, my Lady. To serve you..

He came a bit closer to reach her hand. He took it and placed a soft kiss upon her hand while staring at her eyes. He immediately noticed how smooth her skin was
Back to top Go down
Isabella Vasa
Princess of Sweden
Isabella Vasa

PostSubject: Re: Royal Vasa's family Apartments   Royal Vasa's family Apartments I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2019 6:23 pm

Isabella Vasa looked into his eyes listening to him speaking every word to her "his majesty is most generous to offer, I'm grateful to his majesty being so kind." she watched as he took her hand kissing it but there eyes met for a moment, her eyes the brightest of blue colors "it is nice to meet you Sir William, I am Isabella Vasa, Princess of Sweden and youngest sibling to the King of Sweden, Gustav Vasa" she spoke with a kind voice with a swedish accent a bit.
Back to top Go down
William Pennington
Servant
William Pennington

PostSubject: Re: Royal Vasa's family Apartments   Royal Vasa's family Apartments I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2019 6:34 pm

William was still staring at her light eyes and after her words he showed a little smile

That's..an honour to meet, Your Highness. Honestly, I never thought that the Princess of Sweeden was so young..and beautiful. I also heard..that His Majesty is going to arrange a marriage for you..

He couldn't stop staring at her because of her beauty. But he quickly looked around room. Some of her ladies were chatting each other whispering something while looking at him and chukling secretely
Back to top Go down
Isabella Vasa
Princess of Sweden
Isabella Vasa

PostSubject: Re: Royal Vasa's family Apartments   Royal Vasa's family Apartments I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2019 6:37 pm

Isabella nodded to him on regards of the Kings plans to marry her off as a alliance between England and Sweden but she ignored her ladies chattering in the background "well yes my lord, his majesty discussed with me such a proposal but it is still being decided which man he is to choose. I suppose it will be a noble lord or Duke who serves the King most loyally."
Back to top Go down
William Pennington
Servant
William Pennington

PostSubject: Re: Royal Vasa's family Apartments   Royal Vasa's family Apartments I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2019 6:42 pm

William nodded in agreement

I think so, My Lady. After all, I think that any man would be happy and honoured of having you as his wife. His Majesty will do the right choice for you..I have no doubts..

He smiled again before taking a breath

May I...have the honour to pour you the wine? I heard it's delicious..

He added with a cunning smile
Back to top Go down
Isabella Vasa
Princess of Sweden
Isabella Vasa

PostSubject: Re: Royal Vasa's family Apartments   Royal Vasa's family Apartments I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2019 6:48 pm

Isabella's eyes met with his then nodded in agreement "Of course any man chosen must also be approved by my brother the King of Sweden as well as the King of England. I suppose i'd be a little picky when meeting him but he would be my first husband and my first" she admitted to being a maid, she felt she would be able to speak with this man but she was a proper lady who remained discreet on all matters  

"Yes, thank you. That would be nice having at least a little wine" she says to him while sitting there allowing him to pour her some "I imagine my brother the King will be here to see me eventually as well" but she was curious of what he heard of her or thought "Did you think me to be near my brother's age my lord?" she has a smile forming upon her lips "His majesty is much older then I, I admit i've just turned 18 recently."
Back to top Go down
William Pennington
Servant
William Pennington

PostSubject: Re: Royal Vasa's family Apartments   Royal Vasa's family Apartments I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2019 6:59 pm

William opened the bottle and poured a cup of wine for her and another one for himself. He sat before her and smile at her words. Of course she was a maid, he thought

If I can speak openly..I think virginity is a precious thing for a young, noble lady like you are. You...must be proud of it. And yes..I thought you were a bit older. You know..at my age it's not common meeting young ladies. I'm 42..and I wish all the best for your future marriage..

He admitted. But he wished to say that he was feeling a bit of envy for her future husband. Of course he didn't dare to say such thing
Back to top Go down
Isabella Vasa
Princess of Sweden
Isabella Vasa

PostSubject: Re: Royal Vasa's family Apartments   Royal Vasa's family Apartments I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2019 7:05 pm

Isabella's eyes met with his after he took a seat, she listened to the words he told her and blushed a little "I always hoped to save myself for one who would be my husband, but as every young woman such as myself desires, I long for a man who would be kind and gentle to me. I don't think i'd know what to do if the man intended for me be a brute" she spoke nervously running her fingers along the glass of her cup he poured the wine in for her I'm a orphan, i've no father or mother. My brother the King is the only family I have along with my other siblings, Gustav is a bit very much protective of me, maybe it is because he yet to have children of his own and because i've been told I look like our late mother who was killed by the previous King of Denmark." she confessed to the man across from her "My families rule is quite new, I can understand why my brother wishes to secure it with powerful allies such as England. As a girl I spent much time in the old churches in Sweden, some far to the east are Orthodox churches. I always enjoyed seeing them myself"
Back to top Go down
William Pennington
Servant
William Pennington

PostSubject: Re: Royal Vasa's family Apartments   Royal Vasa's family Apartments I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2019 8:46 pm

William listened her with interested and attention. He nodded after taking a sip from her wine

I'm sorry to hear about your mother, my Lady. Truly. But you look like a strong girl. Your brother will protect you from anything can harm his precious sister..I'm sure of this..

He met her eyes again and smiled

So..how do you imagine your future husband, my Princess? What if it was a man of my age? Maybe he would be...too old for you?

He asked to see her reaction, while her ladies were still watching them curiously
Back to top Go down
Isabella Vasa
Princess of Sweden
Isabella Vasa

PostSubject: Re: Royal Vasa's family Apartments   Royal Vasa's family Apartments I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2019 10:21 pm

Her eyes glanced over at his as she sat beside the window, the outside breeze blowing in the window slightly and Isabella didn't know what to tell him on regards of her marriage alliances, she hated arranged marriages very much, having hope to marry someone she loves. But what other choice did she have, she listened as he mentioned her parents "My parents both died at Denmark's desires with its former King, Christian II of Denmark murdered my mother after my father, he executed my father in the Stockholm Bloodbath." she was sure as old this man was she felt he knew or heard of it from stories from previously before
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Sir i'm afraid the choice was never mine to have, i'm a pawn in a man's life. My brother and the King his majesty the King of England would have me married off for alliances sake in a instant, as a woman i've no say" she says sadly "I'd rather marry someone I love, not a stranger. But if I marry anyone i'd like them to be young, good looking and kind. Maybe a man near my age, his late twenties perhaps as i'm only 18 now."

"I imagine he would be quite handsome, I trust his majesty will choose well for me."
Back to top Go down
William Pennington
Servant
William Pennington

PostSubject: Re: Royal Vasa's family Apartments   Royal Vasa's family Apartments I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2019 10:47 am

William nodded slowly while listening her

As I said, I'm deeply sorry for your family. Hope your brother will lead you wisely like a good father would do. And...sorry for before, Your Highness. I was just joking about the age. I beg you to forgive me..

He added while staring at her face
Back to top Go down
Isabella Vasa
Princess of Sweden
Isabella Vasa

PostSubject: Re: Royal Vasa's family Apartments   Royal Vasa's family Apartments I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2019 9:08 pm

Isabella couldn't help but be curious though, but maybe she was a bit harsh on him "No it is I who should apologize, I may have been too harsh on you. I am sorry my lord" she tells him "If I had come to love the man, perhaps age would not be a issue. I just would like to know them first" She wanted to ask him though a question in her mind

"My lord, what families in England are Dukes perhaps? Maybe his majesty could be suggested a Prince of the Realm for my suitor, a Duke of high standing. I'm sure my brother would prefer that then a low born lord. His majesty speaks of a Robert Barrington, do you know him my lord?"
Back to top Go down
William Pennington
Servant
William Pennington

PostSubject: Re: Royal Vasa's family Apartments   Royal Vasa's family Apartments I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2019 12:42 pm

William shook slowly his head after her words and he looked rather surprised

No, my Lady. I have never heard of him. I think His Majesty will choose a Duke or a Count. Whoever he will choose, I wish you know that you can always find a true friend and a loyal servant in me, Your Highness. Hope you accept my services in your household..

His gaze met hers again and smiled. Her ladies were now in silence in order to hear what they were saying
Back to top Go down
Isabella Vasa
Princess of Sweden
Isabella Vasa

PostSubject: Re: Royal Vasa's family Apartments   Royal Vasa's family Apartments I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2019 1:13 pm

Part of her was glad she was offered friendship from anyone in this foreign Kingdom she was but a stranger in there domain but Isabella's eyes met with his and she nodded in agreement "I should like that my lord, to have you as my friend. If I am to wed a Duke or any man of sorts it would be good to have a friend as I am but a stranger in this domain and with no friend or love of a friend to call my own." she thought of a title of person to offer him if he was to join her household "I will consider it, perhaps a advisor or a secretary can be in order for you while in my household, I'll accept your generous offer sir to work in my household and that of my brother the King of Sweden's"
Back to top Go down
William Pennington
Servant
William Pennington

PostSubject: Re: Royal Vasa's family Apartments   Royal Vasa's family Apartments I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2019 6:53 pm

William took another sip from his wine and looked at her with a smile

Thank you for your trust, my Lady. Even if I won't be part of your household, please consider me as a loyal friend. It must be hard being a stranger in a court. So..feel free tell me all your issues, if you like. I'd be honoured to serve you as best as I can..

He met her gaze one more time, wondering if she realized that he was curting her openly
Back to top Go down
Isabella Vasa
Princess of Sweden
Isabella Vasa

PostSubject: Re: Royal Vasa's family Apartments   Royal Vasa's family Apartments I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2019 6:59 pm

Isabella looked at the man and smiled "Well his majesty does desire I do a virginity test with the physicians, tomorrow morning I shall attend the physician to be pronounced virgo intacta" she pauses a moment "I am nervous about it William, i've never had it done before even in Sweden but I know I must go through with it for the sake of my own marriage which will soon come to pass when his majesty finds me a husband."
Back to top Go down
William Pennington
Servant
William Pennington

PostSubject: Re: Royal Vasa's family Apartments   Royal Vasa's family Apartments I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2019 8:22 pm

William let out a deep sight. He didn't know how to comment what the Princess just said

A virginity test..you said? I think..that you shouldn't feel nervous, Ma'am. I mean..every high ranked lady have to do this. You are...still untouched, of course. So don't worry about it..

He added keeping his glance upon her
Back to top Go down
Isabella Vasa
Princess of Sweden
Isabella Vasa

PostSubject: Re: Royal Vasa's family Apartments   Royal Vasa's family Apartments I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2019 11:56 pm

A smile forms her lips as she was nervous all the same and Isabella looked at him "It is probably so silly of me to worry, but even my brother the King never urged me to do it but simply as he is so overly protective of me. I suppose I will have to do it anyways, his majesty intends to my knowledge as of late that I should marry the Earl of York, his cousin this Arthur Henry Plantagenet" she tells her new friend "I have heard he is young and very handsome too"
Back to top Go down
Gustav Vasa
King of Sweden
Gustav Vasa

PostSubject: Re: Royal Vasa's family Apartments   Royal Vasa's family Apartments I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2019 12:37 pm

I came into the royal apartments we had at Whitehall and I see my sister talking with a man.

"Isabella who is this man you are speaking too?"
Back to top Go down
Isabella Vasa
Princess of Sweden
Isabella Vasa

PostSubject: Re: Royal Vasa's family Apartments   Royal Vasa's family Apartments I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2019 12:54 pm

Isabella looked at the King her brother when he arrived and she stood up after "this is the lord secretary to Charles Brandon but he wishes to serve in our household too as a friend" she tells her brother ""his name is William Pennington" she introduces them both.

"he brought us gifts from his majesty the King" she looked at the man who come to visit them both "Sir thank you for bringing the gifts from his majesty but it is probably best you leave now. I need some rest now and do thank his majesty graciously for his kindness upon my family and I" she bows her head to him in respect dismissing him now, she had not drink any of the wine as it would have been improper of her
Back to top Go down
William Pennington
Servant
William Pennington

PostSubject: Re: Royal Vasa's family Apartments   Royal Vasa's family Apartments I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2019 11:19 am

William stood up immediately after her brother entered the room. He bowed deeply before him

Your Majesty..please, forgive me. I just brought a gift from His Majesty King Henry for the Princess. My name is William Pennington, lord Brandon's secretary. To serve you. I'm honoured to meet you. But now..I'm going to leave..

He turned towards Isabella

Your Highness..hope to see you again..

He met her eyes before turning his glance towards Gustav

Your Majesty..

He bowed again and left the room with quick steps
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Royal Vasa's family Apartments   Royal Vasa's family Apartments I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Royal Vasa's family Apartments
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next