HomePortalRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Share | 

Secluded Fountain

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Mary Boleyn
Lady-in-waiting

PostSubject: Re: Secluded Fountain   Fri 8 Apr 2016 - 10:44

Mary arrived to the fountain, hoping she can discuss something with the Lady Dawn.
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting

PostSubject: Re: Secluded Fountain   Fri 8 Apr 2016 - 12:41

Having received the note from a messenger on behalf of Lady Mary, no doubt iit was another ploy by her Uncle, I decide to go but keep at a safe distance to be on the safe side

I walk through the garden towards the fountain I can see it is the Lady Mary and she is alone, I continue towards her "My Lady" I speak quietly
Back to top Go down
Mary Boleyn
Lady-in-waiting

PostSubject: Re: Secluded Fountain   Fri 8 Apr 2016 - 13:17

"Lady Dawn." Mary said as she saw her. She wanted to closely approach her to console her but she figured Lady Dawn would be uncomfortable. "People say that you came out crying from my Uncle's chambers. Did he hurt you?"
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting

PostSubject: Re: Secluded Fountain   Fri 8 Apr 2016 - 13:58

My cheeks burn with embarrassment "Lady Mary, your Uncle is a fine man" I smile, how could I tell his Niece about what had happened between us "I was upset about other business" I lie trying to hold back the tears, she had been so kind to me that I feel terrible lying to her
Back to top Go down
Mary Boleyn
Lady-in-waiting

PostSubject: Re: Secluded Fountain   Fri 8 Apr 2016 - 14:33

"Whatever he did to you, I apologize for him being ignorant." Mary swears that he doesn't know how to respect and treat a lady when it comes to love. "I know this isn't my business." She didn't want to do this. "But, he told me to tell you that he didn't mean it and asks for your forgiveness." Mary will understands if she refuses to forgive him
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting

PostSubject: Re: Secluded Fountain   Sat 9 Apr 2016 - 9:37

I look towards the sky, I must bite my tongue or I shall say something that I may just regret "Lady Mary, it is obvious that your Uncle has spoken about us" I take a deep breath "However at this time I need space to think before there is any chance of forgiveness"

I walk towards the edge of the fountain and stare intro the water "Tell me what he told you" I ask
Back to top Go down
Mary Boleyn
Lady-in-waiting

PostSubject: Re: Secluded Fountain   Sun 10 Apr 2016 - 10:48

Mary inhaled and exhaled deeply "He said to bring The Queen's Maid, Lady Elena to force a divorce." She doesn't like to be involved in something that she isn't a part of "You can take as much time to think about this." Mary says
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting

PostSubject: Re: Secluded Fountain   Sun 10 Apr 2016 - 12:20

I shake my head, obviously he has no shame albeit he had not told her the full truth

"Lady Mary, that was just part of the reason I left your Uncle" I turn to face her "To ask me to do such a thing tells me how ruthless he is and I do not think it funny especially as he tells me it was all a joke"

I close my eyes tight "I wish I could tell you all that happened, sadly by the way he acted I do not think I could ever trust him completely"
Back to top Go down
Mary Boleyn
Lady-in-waiting

PostSubject: Re: Secluded Fountain   Sun 10 Apr 2016 - 16:37

"I don't think it was a joke or a game either." Mary says "It's just an excuse to get you back." She looks down at the ground for a moment and then back up
Back to top Go down
Mary Dawn
Lady-in-waiting

PostSubject: Re: Secluded Fountain   Mon 11 Apr 2016 - 2:24

Instantly I feel sorry for the Lady Mary, I gently place my hand upon her arm "Forgive me for the way I have spoken towards you, it is not your fault" I give a small smile "It seems His Grace likes to make Lady's do things they would rather not"

I look around "My Lady I thank you for your friendship and hope it may continue no matter what happens between your Uncle and myself"
Back to top Go down
Anna Stafford
Duchess of Buckingham

PostSubject: Re: Secluded Fountain   Tue 12 Apr 2016 - 10:56

*I thought for a moment that it was close in at the Easter Party so I decided to come outside. I slept out as easily as I came in. I did not want to go to my chambers. To be honest I wanted to stay outside to get some fresh air. So this was a nice surprise for me. It is quite and secluded. No one will think to look for me here. Though I saw a few people they paid me attention. I sat down and enjoyed the breeze and the thought that the peace would be wonderful while I can until everyone will be around watching me.*
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England

PostSubject: Re: Secluded Fountain   Sat 20 Oct 2018 - 4:37

Some fresh air was what I needed. It would ease my mood and calm my thoughts, both of which raged like a storm within my mind. There were times I wished I had never left the convent at Poissy; I could happily have lived out my days in obscurity among les sœurs and none in England would have noticed or missed me. I was the youngest, the child my father had seen and known least... the uncanny resemblance to my mother and grandmother had seen to that. However, these were merely the silly thoughts of a worrying mind. And, quite impossible, really.

Two of my ladies fluttered behind me as I strode forth. The rest remained inside attending to my daughter, who had been dancing about and singing when I left for my walk. Wrapped in cloaks and furs, the wind whistled past us with a howl through the bare trees. The skies were grey and clouds loomed, but still I could no longer be contained inside the sprawling and bustling palace. To calm my mind, I needed nothing but the heavens above me.

The wind caught my golden hair and sent it whipping about. I took long, deep breaths and smelt the autumn air. Soon my thoughts were no longer caught in a storm...though ironically, I could actually soon be... but it had helped. And for that I was relieved, for I would need all my wits and whiles for what I had planned. I would require them like a soldier required armour and I needed them to be at their best.
Back to top Go down
Madeline Valois
Princess of France

PostSubject: Re: Secluded Fountain   Sat 20 Oct 2018 - 7:48

I was in need of some fresh air so i decided to have a walk by the fountain and as i was walking i saw at the other side was the kind Princess Katherine and i walked over to her.

"Good morning lady Katherine isn't it a lovely day today. I came out needing a walk as i was getting warm in the palace.
How are you?
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England

PostSubject: Re: Secluded Fountain   Sat 20 Oct 2018 - 10:08

I was caught unawares as a voice dragged me from my thoughts back to reality. The looming clouds above had grown a darker grey but the orange light of the sun burnt through. Much like her mood, the day had grown brighter... despite the ominous darkness still clinging to the sky. “C'est la princesse française, votre grâce.” The ladies that attending me dipped curtsies, as I offered my most gracious smile.

Merci Marguerite...” I smiled. When we had met, she had not known of my illustrious station and I had revelled in the freedom. This time she knew that I was a dowager Queen, the sister of the King of England and so I was expected to act as such. I was a representative of Henry's court and dignity, and after Charles' comment, it would be good to cultivate the image of a celebrated hostess. ”Good morning Princess. Are you enjoying your stay?
Back to top Go down
Madeline Valois
Princess of France

PostSubject: Re: Secluded Fountain   Sat 20 Oct 2018 - 13:39

"I am indeed enjoying my stay here at court my lady.
England is so very different from my home land.
Soon i hope to meet her Grace and congratulate her on her coronation.
My father is so very protective of me it seems.
Your French is exquisite.
I do wish to hear more about where you learnt it.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England

PostSubject: Re: Secluded Fountain   Mon 22 Oct 2018 - 15:07

The ladies that trailed my path, fell back to a polite distance. “I've always found that too.” I smiled. There were times I would earn for England while I was in France, wishing I could be among my family and my homeland as I lived at the convent at Poissy. When I returned, I found myself longing for France. A shift that still amused me.

Well... as I said at the coronation, I spent much of my childhood living in France.” I sighed, thinking of it longingly. “After my Aunt died, I was sent to be educated by les soeurs at Poissy... for complicated family reasons.” My father's grief, all consuming as it was, had become understandable to her now and after her widowhood, she could sympathise. It would still cause her pain but the old wounds had healed.

I am sure that her Majesty will receive you soon.” I added, moving from the subject and to a cheerier conversation. “Your father should be our ally, now that Spain and the Empire will be against my brother.” The annulment of Henry’s marriage to Katherine, especially because Henry had broken from Rome, would make it harder for England to make allies. A sea of Catholic kingdoms surrounding a newly Protestant England. Not to mention, half the nation remaining faithful to the old ways and the Pope... herself among them.

But your Highness, let us talk of nicer things, will we be honoured by a visit from more of your family?
Back to top Go down
Madeline Valois
Princess of France

PostSubject: Re: Secluded Fountain   Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 5:58

"I hope that father will join as an ally for France needs allies too.

My father plans on marrying me to his Grace king James of Scotland and i would assure you as your good friend my lady that Scotland would not attack England. Our border with Spain is shaky too and father is very busy.
I was hoping that on my return to France perhaps you would care to join me at Versailles and remain in the French court for a while i would like that.

I listen as she mentions my family.
"I am hoping my brother Henri will come to England to see me perhaps you would like to meet him he is the dauphin of France."
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England

PostSubject: Re: Secluded Fountain   Sat 27 Oct 2018 - 8:04

I am sure his Majesty would be happy to receive the Dauphin, should he wish to come.” I smiled. My brother and Francois had relationship that had ebbed and flowed: from unstable alliance to enemies. It had made parts of her youth in France difficult, her English birth meant that any excursion from the convent impossible and confined her to within the walls. Happily, such times were over and she lived where she was hailed for her exalted status.

I am sure that an official visit can be arranged, as long as your father is willing to receive me.” I smiled merrily, casting my eyes once to the clouded, grey skies above. It was a beautiful autumn day, but the English weather was notoriously changeable .
Back to top Go down
Madeline Valois
Princess of France

PostSubject: Re: Secluded Fountain   Sat 27 Oct 2018 - 15:05

I shall write to my brother about a visit for him to come.

You would be happily welcomed to court my lady in France as my guest of honour for a start.

May i ask what is the queen of England like?
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England

PostSubject: Re: Secluded Fountain   Sat 3 Nov 2018 - 13:31

Of course you may...” I smiled. “I have only spoken with Lady A... her Majesty a few times.” I corrected myself, it was still strange to refer to my brother's new wife as the queen and not speak of Katherine. The Spanish queen had been my sister-by-marriage had been so since before my birth. Now, it was Anne... And I would have to get to know her better. After all, they were family now.

I returned to reality and with a smile, restored my undivided attention to the French princess. It would be remiss of me to be anything less than a perfect hostess for their guest and I spoke with a voice of silk and honey. “What would your Highness like to know?
Back to top Go down
Madeline Valois
Princess of France

PostSubject: Re: Secluded Fountain   Sun 4 Nov 2018 - 3:13

"I am just curious what things please her Grace?

I just want to know what she likes and wether our gifts would be suitable for her Grace as i do not know" i say nodding to my ladies and they show Katherine the gifts we had bought for Queen Anne.
"Do you think she will like these gifts my lady?

"I received word from my brother and he would be happy to welcome you into France my lady for as long as you want to stay.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England

PostSubject: Re: Secluded Fountain   Sun 4 Nov 2018 - 10:19

Unfortunately, I am the wrong person to ask...” I offered earnestly. However, as I cast a glance over the gifts meant for my new sister, I was sure that anything that meant to honour her would be greeted with pleasure and delight. From both, the King and his Queen.

I am sure her Majesty will be delighted with them.” I smiled. “...And that is most kind of him, I shall speak with my brother and discuss my visiting France.
Back to top Go down
Madeline Valois
Princess of France

PostSubject: Re: Secluded Fountain   Mon 5 Nov 2018 - 14:18

"We also bought gifts for the king and his family too" i saying as my ladies show her more gifts.
"These are for you my lady?
I do hope you can return to France with us
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Secluded Fountain   

Back to top Go down

Secluded Fountain
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5