The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

A Meeting with le Roi Francois

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Justyne Desrosiers
Countess of Bar-sur-Seine-Dame de Givry
Justyne Desrosiers

A Meeting with le Roi Francois Empty
PostSubject: A Meeting with le Roi Francois   A Meeting with le Roi Francois I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 2:32 am

Justyne Desrosiers was announced to Roi Francois, she walked gracefully and curtsied. She looked up and smiled at her Roi; he had known her husband and gave him the title of Comte de Vannes. But now that he was gone, she had to fight for what rightfully belonged to her. The minute her husband died; she felt like a carcass with the vultures swooping in to pick at her inheritance piece by piece.
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France
François 1er de France

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting with le Roi Francois   A Meeting with le Roi Francois I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 3:21 am

I awoke this morning with the events of last night with Claude and Marquess DeGuise still fresh and weighing heavy on my mind... I am told by my ma secrétaire that the Comtesse Desrosiers de Bretagne is awaiting audience with me...Incroyable! another daughter of the nobility seeking to curry favor with sweet words and flirting! Très bien ...I await her entrance, biting my lower lip and awaiting the performance to come.

As the door opens, I watch as the Comtesse enters, and my curiosity is at once peaked... far from a flirty jeune fille, she is tall, exquisitely shaped, and her golden hair is pinned up and braided beneath her hood... her lovely face bears an expression of great sorrow, yet her blue eyes seem alight with a fire of...defiance?

"Aller, s'il vous plaît..." I risie from my throne and hold out my hand, inviting her to approach. "Comtesse Desrosiers... I am pleased to meet you tell me...what can I do for you?" I take her hand and kiss it. Surprisingly, she pulls is away as I do so. I return to my throne and wait for her to speak.
Back to top Go down
Justyne Desrosiers
Justyne Desrosiers

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting with le Roi Francois   A Meeting with le Roi Francois I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 3:53 am

" Majesté, je vous remercie de me recevoir. " She swallowed and then proceeded, she did not want  le Roi to see how nervous she was. She smiled brightly and looked him boldly in the eyes. First I would like to present you with this emerald ring. My husband never took it off and I know you are the only one he would have wanted to wear it. I hope you will accept it as a token of my fidelity and loyalty. I know how precious your time is and would never impose on you if I had any other place to turn. " Her were lips quivering but she breathed deeply to gain her composure. She knew the last thing Roi François wanted to see was a crying girl. "I hope you remember my departed husband, Duc Jean-Noël Desrosiers . It was you who granted him the title of Comte de Vannes. Sadly, I lost him at a young age.

It seems that his family is determined to take all that was his from me. I was a loving wife and he left everything to me but his family is trying to marry me off and steal what Jean-Noël and I had together." Justyne hoped that Roi François could see that she was fighting for her husband's memory as well as her livelihood.
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France
François 1er de France

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting with le Roi Francois   A Meeting with le Roi Francois I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 6:41 pm

As I listen to the Comtesse's tale, I cannot help but feel compassion for her... perchance it may be just my weakness for une dame en difficulté, but there it is... I clap my hands and a servant appears, cradling a tray with a flagon of Claret and a two chalices. I gesture with a swipe of my hand for him to fill our cups. "Go on... take it, s'il vous plaît... ma bonne Comtesse, I wish you to know that I do sympathize greatly with your plight, however, judgement in a matter such as this requires legal standing... tell me, did the late Comte de Vannes perchance leave his intentions in writing?... quelque chose?"
Back to top Go down
Justyne Desrosiers
Justyne Desrosiers

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting with le Roi Francois   A Meeting with le Roi Francois I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 11:31 pm

Justyne takes the chalice of wine and lets the velvet liquid warm her, she takes another

sip just for courage.
" Oui  Majesté, I have all the documents that my husband had

prepared from our most trusted lawyer and advisor. "
She hands him the box with all her

legal documents, she tries to steady her hands so that Roi François does not see them

shake.
" I hope you will find everything in order." She lowers her eyes, afraid that tears

will fall and that she cannot have.
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France
François 1er de France

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting with le Roi Francois   A Meeting with le Roi Francois I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 12:38 am

I retrieve the box of les documents juridiques and open it, briefly reading in passing one page after the next. "Madame Desrosiers, if as you say these documents indeed prove what you have told me, there can be no other result than a favourable one to you, Comtesse... give my own lawyers a chance to confirm this, s'il vous plaît, and I assure you, your troubles shall be no more".

I smile and feel genuinely relieved that this matter appears to have been resolved so quickly and to Comtesse Desrosier's satisfaction. "As long as you are awaiting the judgement, you are welcome to remain as my guest here at the palace... You shall be afforded every amenity until you return to Bretagne... it is my sincere hope that I have allayed your fears, for now".
Back to top Go down
Justyne Desrosiers
Justyne Desrosiers

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting with le Roi Francois   A Meeting with le Roi Francois I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 11:15 pm

François 1er de France wrote:
I retrieve the box of les documents juridiques and open it, briefly reading in passing one page after the next. "Madame Desrosiers, if as you say these documents indeed prove what you have told me, there can be no other result than a favourable one to you, Comtesse... give my own lawyers a chance to confirm this, s'il vous plaît, and I assure you, your troubles shall be no more".

I smile and feel genuinely relieved that this matter appears to have been resolved so quickly and to Comtesse Desrosier's satisfaction. "As long as you are awaiting the judgement, you are welcome to remain as my guest here at the palace... You shall be afforded every amenity until you return to Bretagne... it is my sincere hope that I have allayed your fears, for now".
Back to top Go down
Justyne Desrosiers
Justyne Desrosiers

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting with le Roi Francois   A Meeting with le Roi Francois I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 11:48 pm

I am honored by his Majesté's kindness. I try not to stare but he is most handsome and elegant.

He is so witty and interested in art and science. Roi François has brought so many artists

from Italy; he does so much for France." Your Majesté, I am eternally grateful, not only

have you saved me from the vultures but your offer of hospitality is more then generous. I am

delighted to stay and be your guest. I will never forget your generosity."
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France
François 1er de France

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting with le Roi Francois   A Meeting with le Roi Francois I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 1:51 am

I nod, quite pleased that I have cured La Comtesse's distress. "De rien mon Comtesse. Now, please feel free to enjoy mon hospitalité".

La Comtesserises to her feet, and I stand and walk with her toward the door. "Do not hesitate to ask for anything... until next me meet... Comtesse" I take her hand and lift it to my lips, plying a soft kiss upon it. "Bonjour Madame".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting with le Roi Francois   A Meeting with le Roi Francois I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Meeting with le Roi Francois
Page 1 of 1