HomePortalRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Share | 

Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
François 1er de France
King of France

PostSubject: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I hereby invite all of Europe to Versailles for un grand bal masqué. All lords and ladies attending must be in costume and I insist to see each and every one of you personally, that you may tell me all about your costume and what it represents, oui? ...there shall be le banquet et la musique, and much debauchery... at least one may hope, oui?

I look forward to seeing everyone attend... as for my costume? I shall wear the masque of a fool, bien sûr!

Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:20 pm

Isabelle received the invitation for the Bal Masquè, and before leaving for Rambouillet, she decided to join. She entered in the Hall wearing a golden dress and a mask on her face. She hoped anyone could recognize her, so she could have some fun. She took a glass of wine from a servant and she looked around, wandering if the King was there too and under which mask he was hiding his handsome face

Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:18 am

I see La Marquise de Rambouillet thinly disguised in a masque of gleaming gold and an radiant gown to match... Mon Dieu! Now I surely feel the fool in my jester masque and harlequin costume, yet 'tis quite fitting as I do enjoy the jest and decadence of my guests not knowing the face beneath the masque... the temptation becomes too great~as it always does with mon cher Marquise~ and I am compelled to approach her... I take several steps, standing in her path, and greet her with a sweeping bow;

"Bonsoir belle dame... " I say, deepening my voice. "Tho' it be night, Madame beams as the sun".

Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:07 pm

Isabelle turned her head hearing a familiar voice. She recognized the King but she pretended she didn't and smiled softly

Monsieur..j'adore votre coutume. So funny! Are you the jester of court?

She asked giggling
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:04 am

"Mais oui!  I am Giacomo, his Majesty's fool... but I would just as soon be your fool, Madame... you are lovelier than the king and your breath is much more pleasant! ". I say, soliciting a laugh. The bells dangling from my ostentatious hat jingle with every subtle movement, making my presence even that much more absurd.  "Do tell me belle dame, for I must know, who is it you are to be for the evening? let me guess... the Goddess Athena? Or perchance Aphrodite?... No, that cannot be. You are much too beautiful to be either one of them".
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:55 pm

Isabelle laughed softly

Oh I'm supposed to be Juno, Monsier. As Zeus's wife and Queen, I have power on all gods and goddesses. Especially on gods who hide their charm behind a mask..

She winked and kept on smiling again looking around Hall
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:57 am

Alas, 'tis clear La Marquise de Rambouillet has found me out... très bien ... I lift my masque up and reveal myself to her. "So it appears mon cher Marquise, you do possess such a power... pity, for I was just about to show you my prowess at juggling boules". We share a laugh "...but seriously, I am most pleased that you are able stay a while longer and attend my little affaire before your return to Rambouillet... Indeed, you look most rayonnante... If I may say".
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:12 pm

Isabelle giggled and removed the mask from her face aswell

I couldn't miss such occasion, Majestè. You're such an enjoyable man. But I also see many beautiful dames at this party, tonight. Should I believe that you would have noticed my absence?

She said with fake innocence winking at him
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:02 am

As before in our previous encounters, I am utterly enchanted with La Marquise... with a mere glance and a wink I am spellbound... at the sound of her laughter tickling my ear, I am malleable clay in her hands... even now, our casual chat stirs such feelings of desire within me I forget I am attired so ridiculously!...

"Tout à fait, Mon cher... verily though the night may shine with the light of a thousand stars, my eyes would still seek the beauty and elegance of la lune... for among the heavens she is the only one".

I return her smile, searching her seductive blue eyes.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:29 pm

Isabelle laughed softly again

I didn't know you were a poet, mon Roi. Do you usually declare poems to every lady...or I am an exception for you?

She said with her usual kidding tone
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:02 am

"Mais oui, I have much poetry in my soul... however as with any artist I require the proper muse to inspire my creative expression, oui?... Besides, how can I possibly not be inspirited when I stand before La reine de Zeus?" I say with a smile and a nod of my head.

Seeing a passing serviteur, I pluck two wine-filled chalices from his silver tray and offer one to La Marquise.
Back to top Go down
Claude Valois
Queen of France

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:41 pm

I attended the ball as anonymous, I didn't want anyone to know who I am, so I came to the ball as different as I could, I guess that's why Bal masqué are for

Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:26 pm

Looking over La Marquise de Rambouillet's shoulder, I see Claude enter the hall in her fanciful costume... snapping out of my enchantment and not wishing to upset Claude again at seeing us engaged in discourse, I take La Marquise's hand and kiss it softly. "I must go... I hope to see you again very soon... until then, enjoy the festivites... adieu mon cher Marquise".

Pulling my fool's masque down over my face, I leave La Marquise's side and saunter over to Claude. "Mon ange... comment vous sentez-vous mon cher?"

Back to top Go down
Claude Valois
Queen of France

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:04 pm

As I entered I saw François flirting with a woman, but it seem to me that I didn't care, I came to have fun, flirt and dance

"Mon Amour" I bowed and then I stood up going closer to his ear whispering "Je veux un vin rouge" giving him an erotic look I bowed again and went to the table where the wine was at.

Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:20 pm

"Sûrement mon ange" I say as I watch Claude lift a gleaming chalice from the table and walk back toward me. "I told you I was throwing this party for entertainment, oui? ... however I have a bit of a surprise for you... would you like to know now... or later in the evening?"

I had wished Claude would get a little more bed-rest, for the sake of our child... but seeing her here now, I am pleased of the surprise I have in store.
Back to top Go down
Claude Valois
Queen of France

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:32 pm

Biting my lip I reply "Je veux maintenant" drinking from the chalice I continue "I.Have.A.Surprise.For.You too" giving him a smile
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:39 pm

Lifting my mask, I raise an eyebrow. "Have you now?... then who do you propose should reveal their surprise first?" I am completely caught off-guard and await Claude's answer, growing anxious that the unexpected turn may not be a good one.
Back to top Go down
Claude Valois
Queen of France

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:45 pm

"Well mon amour, my surprise will be latter, when the time has come, I want yours first"
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:14 pm

I smile, Claude's provocative words catch my ear as well as my interest! "Très bien mon cher... wait here." I say and walk over to the platform at the end of the hall. it is decked in cloth of gold and purple velvet bunting... as I stand upon it, I shout out to the crowd of guests milling about'

"Une attention ... Une attention s'il vous plaît!" I shout, commanding the attention of all. "Merci one and all for coming to our delightful little party tonight... however, I wish to take this occassion to make two very important announcements s'il vous plaît... first, sa Majesté and I wish to announce to everyone here and to all of France, that La Reina is once again with child..."

Le lords et les ladies look toward one another and break out into cheers and applause... I raise my hands."Merci... Merci à vous tous... and now, before my second announcement, I call on the royal chef to grace us with his work" I look over to see several chefs carrying in un magnifique gâteau.

"To ma belle reine I wish Un joyeux anniversaire... Happy Birthday mon ange!"

Back to top Go down
Claude Valois
Queen of France

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:49 pm

My heart started beating fast when my husband said "...wait here", then the room was quiet, I was looking at him with a surprise look, and when he announced pregnancy my eyes started to fill with tears of joy, but I controlled my self and smiled after everyone was looking at me and applauding.

Then when the second announcement was said I felt very happy, I went towards him, smiling I said "mon amour, c'est parfait" I kissed him in the cheeks and then turned to the crowd I waved saying "merci"
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:01 pm

"Vous êtes les bienvenus" I say and grasp Claude's delicate hand... leaning in to kiss her cheek in turn, I whisper in her ear. "Ah, you thought I'd forgotten, eh?... oui, I know 'tis not until Sunday, but I thought since we were celebrating anyway". I smile warmly at her. "Voulez-vous danser, cher?"
Back to top Go down
Claude Valois
Queen of France

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:34 pm

I looked deeply in his eyes, I wanted to give him more than just a passionate kiss, I have a desire for more, I was burning inside, "Sure I want to dance" my breath got deeper. When the music began we started dancing and everyone else was watching us

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:54 pm

"Un Pavane!" I shout to the musicians. Instantly the air fills with the steady, sensual strains of lute and woodwind... I take Claude firmly by the hands and step back, then forward, all the while my eyes remain locked with hers... deep, dark and alight with passion, they captivate me with their gaze... her full, red lips part revealing a perfect smile and I begin to feel the stirrings of my own desire. As we come together, I take the opportunity to say hushed into her ear;

"Vous regardez magnifique ce soir ma chère". Nuzzling her cheek, I feel myself aroused even further by her sweet fragrance and warm body pressed to mine.
Back to top Go down
Claude Valois
Queen of France

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:25 pm

His touch, his look, his way of commanding me made me wanting him more, when dancing I came near him he touched my neck, letting me breathless, and when he nuzzled my cheek, speaking to me, the only thing I could do was groaning “Ah
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:44 pm

Isabelle clapped her hands when the King announced Claude's pregnancy. She curtsied deeply in front of her and smiled, hoping she was not against her anymore. Even if bothered by the interruption, she joined her table and watched silently the royal couple talking and flirting each other in public
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   

Back to top Go down

Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next