HomePortalRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Share | 

Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:34 am

He felt uneasiness in the pit of his stomach as from his peripheral vision he watched Angelique with the king. He hoped against hopes that this king, the very same who'd broken little Coralie's heart, was not impressing upon Angelique to become his mistress. He took deep breaths and calmed himself. He knew his wife better than that. And he trusted her as he had no other.
Back to top Go down
Claude Valois
Queen of France

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:09 am

"Very good, so I will tell you yet another thing as woman to woman and it's a rhetoric question only you can answer it, what would you do if your husband was cheating on you, and you know it" I looked at her sadly and left the table

Living the table I saw soldier Sinclair and approached him.
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:21 pm

I see with much relief Claude returning from her chat with La Marquise and turn to Baronne LaMarnier. Très bien, then it is settled and I shall find you the perfect suitor. One of which you shall approve and with those qualities you desire most, eh?"

She does not seem thrilled with my decision, but I know in time she shall be content. "Alas, I must attend to my other guests... I wish you and your good friend enjoy the festivities, oui? I take her hand and kiss it before turning and watching Claude approach me. "Mon ange... I trust you had a delightful chat with our guest?"
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:43 pm

Isabelle rolled her eyes. The Queen gave her no time to reply and left. She sighed a bit bored and took a sip from her wine. Her gaze fell on Francis again
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:57 am

As I await Claude's reply, my glance is drawn over her shoulder to La Marquise de Rambouillet. As I cast my eyes upon her, suddenly the hem of her gown glides up, as though by an unseen hand, revealing a slender, sensuously curved nude calf... her large, stunning blue eyes enchant me from afar, even behind her gilded mask... I hear Claude's voice and immediately snap out of my beguilement.  "Pardonnez-moi mon cher... what is it you just said, I did not hear?"
Back to top Go down
Angelique LaMarnier
Baroness of Nemours

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:28 am

François 1er de France wrote:
I see with much relief Claude returning from her chat with La Marquise and turn to Baronne LaMarnier. Très bien, then it is settled and I shall find you the perfect suitor. One of which you shall approve and with those qualities you desire most, eh?"

She does not seem thrilled with my decision, but I know in time she shall be content. "Alas, I must attend to my other guests... I wish you and your good friend enjoy the festivities, oui? I take her hand and kiss it before turning and watching Claude approach me. "Mon ange... I trust you had a delightful chat with our guest?"
All I can do is smile, Yes Votre Majeste. I await your decision.. I curtsy slightly before walking back over to Christophe. I take a deep breath, thanking the Lord for getting me through that without a scratch.
Back to top Go down
Claude Valois
Queen of France

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:15 pm

"Oui" knowing what he is doing "You don't have to look at her secretly, mon amour, you can go and talk to her" raising my eyebrow "Excusez-moi!" and I left François, and followed Baroness of Nemours to welcome her and Christophe to the party
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:51 pm

"Claude attente, c'est ridicule!" I shout to her above the music as she turns and walks toward La Barrone de Nemours. Why is she behaving this way toward me? Have I not lavished her with this soirée meant just for her?... Is flirting now forbidden?... This was to be her night and she dismisses me... me, her mari et le roi!...

Très bien... she wishes to dismiss me in such a manner bien... ainsi soit-il. I shall return to La Marquise charming graces... Claude may wish not to speak with me now, but she cannot do so forever!... Then I shall let her know my true sentiments!... I begin walking towards La Marquise table, not for a moment do I look back at Claude.

"Mon cher Marquise..." I say with a smile as I approach her table, holding out my hand. "T'would be an honour if I may have a dance with you".
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:28 pm

Isabelle saw the King coming towards her and stood up. She curtsied quickly offering him her hand

The honour would be all mine, Votre Majestè..

She touched Francis's hand and smiled. She glanced at Claude with a pleased smile while walking with Francis towards dancefloor
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:21 am

I take La Marquise slender hand in mine and lead her out onto the dance floor. As the  crowd of guests in their colorful costumes part to make a path for us to walk through, I turn to the musicians and gesture with my hand. "Monsieur, I wish you to play a volta..." I shout above the murmers of the crowd.

"And I wish you to play it with sensualité ... vous comprenez?"  I say and take my place across from La Marquise. As the stillness of the room is broken by the sweet, sensual opening notes of the music, I look into her eyes and bow low to her, sweeping my arm dramatically as I do.
Back to top Go down
Claude Valois
Queen of France

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:29 pm

Heartbroken I saw my husband, dancing and flirting with another woman, but I am the Queen and I have to behave as one, quietly I reached Baroness of Nemours and Solder Sinclair, barely finding my voice I made my self to smile "Baroness of Nemours, my Lord, I came to welcome you personally, I..hmm.." and I had to turn my self to look at François "... I hope you are having fun" smiling I added "You make a beautiful picture together"
Back to top Go down
Angelique LaMarnier
Baroness of Nemours

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:46 pm

Claude Valois wrote:
Heartbroken I saw my husband, dancing and flirting with another woman, but I am the Queen and I have to behave as one, quietly I reached Baroness of Nemours and Solder  Sinclair, barely finding my voice I made my self to smile "Baroness of Nemours, my Lord, I came to welcome you personally, I..hmm.." and I had to turn my self to look at François "... I hope you are having fun" smiling I added "You make a beautiful picture together"
I quickly drop down into a curtsy as Her Majesty speaks to Christophe and I.  I smile as I raise myself back up and I stand a bit straighter, I am enjoying myself so far Your Majesty as your presence makes everything better, I say reassuringly.  She does look a bit down this evening but I say naught about it.  Oh I believe that congratulations are in order on the wonderful news of you being with child.. I smile as I think of the child growing in my womb, a child created out of the beautiful love that Christophe and I bare for each other.  Thank you Your Majesty.  He is quite a stunning and sweet man.
Back to top Go down
Claude Valois
Queen of France

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:02 pm

"Je vous remercie Baroness, I hope one day you will have a child of your own" and I caress my belly. "I am very happy to see people love each other, it is a peaceful thing to do, I hope my Lord you do take good care of her" I give them both a smile
"Very good then, I leave you two to enjoy yourselves, and if there is anything I can do as a Queen please do tell" I bow my head
Back to top Go down
Juliette Dupont
Lady-in-waiting

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:30 pm

Juliette enters the room wearing a black dress decorated with pink lace and a matching mask to go with the dress. She wanders around the room admiring the decorations while helping herself to a glass of wine.
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:21 pm

I take la Marquise hand and step in time toward her, encircling her with my arm. "I must apologize for Sa Majesté's behavior". I say as we come together. "I fear she has been under an enormous strain, between her condition and seeing us together the other night, well... 'tis as if every woman I look upon or speak to is a threat... it is becoming unbearable... I eagerly look forward to an excursion to take my mind off of all of this... perchance I shall see you in Rambouillet sooner than I thought".
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:06 pm

Isabelle joined her arm with his starting to dance. She smiled

No need to apologize, Mon Roi. A pregnant woman's emotions are bigger than usual. Oh I have no children, as you know. But I like medicine. Maybe I can teach you something once finally alone at Rambouillet..

She looked at the Queen and then she turned around herself

Have you heard about Queen's guest, Mon Roi? Anyone knows him. But rumors say it's a charming Count from Russia..

She said with a little grin
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:36 am

With the music setting our bodies to motion, we move together in a circle looking deeply into one others eyes, my hand gently brushes La Marquise's cheek.

"Oui mon cher, Le Comte de Luga, I know not what business she has with him but I am in a fit of pique that this man has no regard for court formality and does not even seek an audience with me first!... charming? What charm could a barbare from the wilds of Russia possibly hold for a woman wed to a civilisé Frenchman, eh?"
Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:16 am

Christophe felt a deep sense of relief as Angelique returned to him and he put a protective arm around her. She looked jubilant ever since finding she was with child, but now she looked the slightest bit tense. "I hope everything is well, my dear."
Back to top Go down
Angelique LaMarnier
Baroness of Nemours

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:18 am

Christophe Sinclair wrote:
Christophe felt a deep sense of relief as Angelique returned to him and he put a protective arm around her. She looked jubilant ever since finding she was with child, but now she looked the slightest bit tense. "I hope everything is well, my dear."
I curtsy as the Queen walks away from me and instantly I feel the warmth from Christophe's arm around me, making me feel safe and peaceful. I look up at him, Well, it seems that His Majesty has no idea about us and wants to arrange a marriage for me.. I feel him tense up at my words and it makes me feel horrible. I turn and face him, Love please just listen to me. I will never leave you...ever! I would rather lose everything I have than lose you. I will eventually tell His Majesty...
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:47 pm

With the music setting our bodies to motion, we move together in a circle looking deeply into one others eyes, my hand gently brushes La Marquise's cheek.

"Oui mon cher, Le Comte de Luga, I know not what business she has with him but I am in a fit of pique that this man has no regard for court formality and does not even seek an audience with me first!... charming? What charm could a barbare from the wilds of Russia possibly hold for a woman wed to a civilisé Frenchman, eh?"
Isabelle joined his hand with his continuing thir dance, and smiling for his words

As always you're right, mon Roi. You're the perfect image of european nobleman. Charme itself. But don't understimate barbarian men, Majestè. Some women like them..

She said meaningfully and glanced at Claude
Back to top Go down
Christophe Sinclair
Soldier

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:32 pm

Angelique LaMarnier wrote:
Christophe Sinclair wrote:
I curtsy as the Queen walks away from me and instantly I feel the warmth from Christophe's arm around me, making me feel safe and peaceful.  I look up at him, Well, it seems that His Majesty has no idea about us and wants to arrange a marriage for me.. I feel him tense up at my words and it makes me feel horrible.  I turn and face him, Love please just listen to me.  I will never leave you...ever!  I would rather lose everything I have than lose you.  I will eventually tell His Majesty...
His jaw tensed as he heard the news. So that was why Angelique seemed so spooked. Christophe said nothing for a long while, and when he did: "I see. I suppose the king looks down upon a wealthy baroness marrying a mere soldier." He said, his voice tight.
Back to top Go down
Angelique LaMarnier
Baroness of Nemours

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:49 pm

I start to feel tears welling up in my eyes as I look down towards the floor. I do not care what His Majesty thinks or wants. All I care about is yo and our unborn child.. My eyes raise up and exposes my tear stained face. My heart breaks seeing my husband so tense and angry. If you will excuse me, I must go to my chambers. I do not feel well.. I turn and leave for my chambers, sad...
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:35 pm

Isabelle De Guise wrote:

Isabelle joined his hand with his continuing thir dance, and smiling for his words

As always you're right, mon Roi. You're the perfect image of european nobleman. Charme itself. But don't understimate barbarian men, Majestè. Some women like them..

She said meaningfully and glanced at Claude
Entwining my arm around La Marquise's slim shoulders in accord with the dance, my  lips move close to her ear.

"Merci mon cher... I have always know you are a woman who appreciates the finer things life has to offer... may I call you Isabelle?" I say and extend my arm as La Marquise twirls outward gracefully, then back into my arms, her body pressing against my own, my hand caressing hers and our hearts pounding hard beside one another as I look down into her deep, blue eyes.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:46 pm

Isabelle let the King leading her movements during dance. Her steps followed his. She smiled when she pressed her body against his  

You may call me as you wish, mon Roi..

She said whispering and she stepped back. They changed partner for a while
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:27 am

I watch as La Marquise- Isabelle, leaves my arm and I find myself taking the hand of La Comtesse de Bretagne.

"Comtesse, I am so glad you were able to make our little soirée ... I trust you are enjoying yourself? "
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!   

Back to top Go down

Bal masqué à Château de Versailles... ALL ARE WELCOMED!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next