The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Letters between Queen Katherine of Navarre and King François I of France

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

Letters between Queen Katherine of Navarre and King François I of France  Empty
PostSubject: Letters between Queen Katherine of Navarre and King François I of France    Letters between Queen Katherine of Navarre and King François I of France  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 2:21 pm

To François Ier, By the Grace of God, Most Christian King of France.

Votre Majesté Très Chrétienne,

I am told that my husband, Francis I, King of Navarre has requested to speak with your Majesty in an attempt to heal the rifts caused by his brother.
It is my duty as his Queen to humbly beseech you to hear him. I, myself would be most willing to negotiate with your Majesty and her Grace, Queen Claude.

If you indulge me; Your Majesty may be aware that as the youngest daughter of the Late King; Henry VII, I was sent to a nunnery to be raised after my Aunt and guardian died. Many would be unaware that this Nunnery was in France and was the convent at Poissy. Les sœurs prepared me for political life and made sure I was aware of they way both my brother and your Majesty governed your Kingdoms.

I hope this training may be put to good use and that your Majesty will hear my husbands requests.

Que le Seigneur bénisse Votre Majesté,

Her Grace, Katherine, Queen of Navarre and Princess of England.
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France
François 1er de France

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Queen Katherine of Navarre and King François I of France    Letters between Queen Katherine of Navarre and King François I of France  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 8:19 pm

Votre Majesté, Queen of Navarre,

It is with an open heart for reconciliation that I have carefully considered your proposal. After having done so, It pleases me greatly to say that with great enthusiasm, and a full willingness to mend that which has been rent asunder, that I have decided to accede to yours as well as his Majesty's wishes and attend this summit of good will and renewal of our friendship.

Thus in the spirit of bringing together, for the purpose of good relations, the ruler and his subjects of Navarre and the nation and crown of the French people, I ask that we may perchance finalize a time and place amenable to us both and the daily burdens of governing we both face.

If perchance your Majesty, along with ma Reina Claude may finalize these details, we may begin planning for this monumental event for both our kingdoms.

I have always sought a legacy of peace. How ironic that Francis and Francois-namesakes and neighbors-should be for so long opposed to one another rather than embrace the spirit of brotherhood. I look forward to hearing of your further plans your Majesty and say to you Merci. I should not be surprised the sister of my brother Henri has such a heart of fire and a will of steel.

Bonne journée à Votre Majesté,

François Roi
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Queen Katherine of Navarre and King François I of France    Letters between Queen Katherine of Navarre and King François I of France  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 10:30 pm

Votre Majesté Très Chrétienne,

It brings great joy to my heart to know that you will accept my husbands wish for peace. I will inform his Majesty, my husband and pray we shall meet soon to discuss a treaty.
I hope both my husband and I may visit your Majesty and her Grâce soon! I pray that our negotiations will bring happiness to both sides.

His Majesty wishes to return to his kingdom as soon as possible; so that we may be among our people and begin our roles as monarchs. I have however fulfilled my first and greatest role of any queen, to produce heirs. I am with child and hope to be in good health for our talks.

Que Dieu bénisse Votre Majesté,

Her Grace, Katherine, Queen of Navarre and Princess of England.

Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France
François 1er de France

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Queen Katherine of Navarre and King François I of France    Letters between Queen Katherine of Navarre and King François I of France  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 10:57 pm

Votre Majesté, Queen Katherine

That is most happy news indeed. On behalf of sa Majesté Claude and myself, I congratulate you and his Majesty and wish you my most sincere blessing. In the spirit of amitié I heartily extend to both yourself and Le Roi Francis an open invitation to the French court at your earliest convenience.
I am most grateful that through your efforts, we may entreat and create a stronger, more united continent. I pray for both you and your child's good health and well being and look forward
with renewed optimism, to the future.

Avec des bénédictions pour la paix
François Roi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letters between Queen Katherine of Navarre and King François I of France    Letters between Queen Katherine of Navarre and King François I of France  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Letters between Queen Katherine of Navarre and King François I of France
Page 1 of 1