HomePortalRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Share | 

Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
François 1er de France
King of France

PostSubject: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:18 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

With much fanfare and pageantry in the streets of Paris and the surrounding grounds of Versailles, the raising of colored standards and blaring of trumpets herald the arrival of the King and Queen of Navarre. The packed streets are filled with revelers, jugglers, beggars and thieves. All have come out to catch a glimpse of the royal couple as they make their way by carriage on the road to Versailles.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:30 am

Acting as the Queen I was trained to be, I smile and wave to the French people. My smile only broadens with each passing cheer and blessing called down upon my husband and I. Gently resting my hands on my belly, I sigh in relief that François was open to this peace treaty and that all would be well between my husband's Kingdom and France.
Back to top Go down
Francis of Navarre
King of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:00 am

I smile and lean my head out the carriage and wave to the passing people. Our arrival has been most joyous not only to Navarre but to France as well. It is my sincere hope that these talks can begin to heal the rift that the Royal Divorce of my brother, the former King Henry II of Navarre, and the King's sister Marguerite. I want an ally, not an enemy.
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:15 am

Standing beside Claude, I look up at the clear, azure sky above then cast my gaze below it at the lush grounds about the palace and those spectators lining la rue de Versailles . Incroyable! It is as if all of France were here today awaiting this moment when enemies may become brothers. I turn to Claude;"It is fantastique is it not?" I say, barely hearing my own voice from the roaring cheers of the crowds.

At last I see coming up la rue, the celebrated white and gold carriage of Francis and Katherine, pulled by four pure white horses... mon Dieu! What a sight! As the carriage approaches us,  I straighten up, standing tall, and watch as it pulls up. Immediately Claude and I stroll to meet it as they carriage door swing open and out step my arch enemy Francis and his Queen, sister of mon frere Henri... I raise my arms as I walk toward them. Your Majesty, Your Grace... welcome to Versailles... though you made the journey, may I say your Majesty... we have both come a long way to be here."
Back to top Go down
Francis of Navarre
King of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:54 pm

I smile as I look about me as I step out of our beautiful carriage. I hold my hand out for Katherine when the King if France approaches me. I bow my head slightly and look at him, Yes, this has been a long time coming Your Majesty. I believe that this shall be the beginning if something wonderful for France and Navarre. I immediately turn my attention to the Queen, gently taking her hand into mine and kissing it softly, Tis a pleasure to meet you as well Your Majesty.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:58 pm

Stepping out of the carriage, I gracefully curtsey and lower my head in deference. "Votre Majesté, je vous remercie de nous recevoir." With a bright smile, I rise and bob my head to the Queen. ".... C'est un honneur."
Standing beside my husband, I find my free hand resting upon my swelling belly and with a sigh, hold my head up regally...supporting my crown.
Back to top Go down
Claude Valois
Queen of France

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:45 pm

Keeping my self very calm I reach François hand "It is fascinating really, mon amour". When the carriage arrived we both went to greet the Navarre Royal couple, seeing the playful side of François greeting the Navarre king calmed me more down and I gave a welcome smile to them.

After kissing my hand I reply to the King bowing my head " Je vous en prie Votre Majesté" then turning to the Queen I bow my head as well replying "il est notre plaisir"
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:56 pm

I in turn take La Reina's Katherine's offered hand and bow, kissing it politely. "Mon frere Francis, your Grace, we have prepared quite a sumptuous banquet for in your honor... I'm sure you both must be famished from your journey... shall we?"

I say and look out once again upon the crowds of loyal subjects and hold out my hands, thanking them all.
Back to top Go down
Francis of Navarre
King of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:05 pm

Ahh yes, we are both quite famished. Smiling, I reach out for Katherine's hand and with the other, I wave to the crowd in appreciation for the hospitality being shown to my Queen and I. Oh Your Majesty before we feast, there is someone I wish to bring with us. I motion for Juana to come forward. I have brought with me our niece Princess Juana who I have arranged to be brought up here in France.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:12 pm

"Je vous remercie de vos Majestés." Turning to look at Francis, I breath out. With a smile, I wave to the crowds and then proceed to arrange my golden hair. My hand squeezes my husbands as I breath out again. Glad that this meeting had gone well...but all the while feeling exhausted by the journey.
Back to top Go down
Claude Valois
Queen of France

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:20 pm

As the two Kings were talking I turn to the Queen "I hope you will enjoy the stay in France, your Majesty, there are a lot of beautiful places to visit here" I smile at her so that she can feel more comfortable, turning to the crowd waving
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:28 pm

"Merci de votre Majesté" I smile warmly. "I hope your Majesties will be able to visit us in Navarre once we have settled in." Still having to hold my head up gracefully to support my tiara. "Your Majesty will have to forgive me, I'm feeling quite over whelmed by it all!"
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:33 pm

I look at both our guests and reach out to place a hand on Francis shoulder, looking him square in the eyes. "Votre Majesté... I speak on behalf of all of France when I say that her highness, la princesse shall be granted every courtesy, every luxury demanding of her station that our nation may afford... no expense shall be spared to make mon frere Francis' daughter feel like a native daughter of France."
Back to top Go down
Francis of Navarre
King of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:41 pm

Yes, I know that our niece shall grow up wonderfully here. Perhaps her mother, your sister, would like to see her? My brother Henry, her father, does not deserve to see his child grow up after the way he treated your sister. I continue to wave at the crowd as we begin to walk towards the Palace. Juana walks just in front of Katherine and I and I turn my head to Katherine, noticing how tired she is starting to look. I lean in and whisper, Are you alright love?
Back to top Go down
Claude Valois
Queen of France

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:42 pm

I look at Juana, she is a very beautiful girl "My darling Princess, I promise you will have a warming family here"

And I smile to the Queen as well as to the people, leaving them behind the doors.

Last edited by Claude Valois on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:45 pm

"Fine, darling...Just tired, that's all." Gliding elegantly beside Francis and behind his Niece. Waving as regally as I can, I smile to the French people and bow my head to them in thanks. "I will be alright." I whisper.
Back to top Go down
Claude Valois
Queen of France

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:04 pm

Turning to the Queen, "How is my niece Juana doing, does she has any specialties, anything I can do to her so that she can feel home here too"
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:34 pm

"I do not know...I am afraid to say." I look at her and smile sadly. "His Majesty brought me from my homeland; England and brought the princess from Navarre."
With a sigh of tiredness, I continue to smile. "I wish I could be of some help...." Gently placing my hand upon my belly. "But I hope that his Majesty treats his niece well...she is after all what joins our husbands' blood; through your Sister-in-Law and my Brother-in-Law."
Back to top Go down
Claude Valois
Queen of France

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:57 pm

"Oui, that's why I wanted some tips, she is something special, and we will treat her as our own doughier, but I guess I will take her everywhere I go so that she will adopt herself here and we will have the chance to get to know better" I smile at Princess Juana then I ask "Does Navarre has any heirs yet?"
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:08 pm

Smiling faintly "His Majesty and I are expecting one..." Glancing down at my belly, my smile broadens. Once again looking at the Queen. "Your children, La Princesse Louise et le Dauphin Henri, how old are they now?"
Back to top Go down
Francis of Navarre
King of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:02 am

We finally reach the doors to the Palace, much to my relief. All this pageantry was never my thing as I grew up the youngest son and never really had a place in this world. I smile and look at my wife, happy and in love.
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:25 am

I turn to Francis. "Mon frere... you look a bit weary, perchance I should allow you and her Majesty a brief rest and a chance to freshen up before we commence with the honorary banquet, oui?"
Back to top Go down
Claude Valois
Queen of France

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:58 am

Very happy I congratulate her "Congratulation to you and his Majesty, I hope a good pregnancy for you, that is the Queens duty towards her husband and her people" I smile then continue "Ma belle princesse is three years old, and mon beau fils is two, we also expect another one, I hope I will not have complications"

I look at François "Mon Roi they need a rest, especially the Queen since she is with child and the road was a long journey" taking his hand "I think the royal Chamber is ready"
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:45 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Claude and I enter the hall designated for the negotiation along with mes secrétaires, des ministres et des avocats . The chamber is resplendently adorned in it's finest gold and crimson, not unlike a gorgeous woman charming a suitor. The entire back of the room is a grande buffet table. Meats, cheeses, fruits, breads myriad varieties of wines, all from both France and the region of Navarre. Before us is a great table with chairs for all of us gathered. Even Claude and Katherine have a place at the table as mutually agreed by both Francis and myself, as they are verily extraordinary women worthy of such. I turn to Claude, smiling at the gathered officials. "I am pleased we have arrived first... it would have been bad form to keep them waiting. Besides it gives me time to clear my head about my sister's arrival."

Last edited by François 1er de France on Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:05 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Claude Valois
Queen of France

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:52 am

Me and the King entered the room, felling ready to welcome and entertain the Navarre Royal couple. All the arrangement are going according to the plan, as much as I was calm I was also very emotional but I didn't want François to see that so I tried to calm him down, "It is alright mon amour, she was a queen and still is a princess I am sure she knows how to behave"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   

Back to top Go down

Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next