HomePortalRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Share | 

Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
François 1er de France
King of France

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:27 am

I rub my hands together to alleviate the bit of anxiety I feel. "I am sure of that mon ange... I admit It is good to see Marguerite again as it has been so long, I just wish the treaty was already signed vous ne pensez pas?"

I watch as wine is poured and parchments and quill holders are placed strategically upon the negotiating table and await Francis' presence.
Back to top Go down
Francis of Navarre
King of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:47 am

I am ready to begin the negotiations whenever you are Your Majesty. I still have a hold of Katherine's hand as I take a goblet filled with sweet French wine that I am fond of. I look to Francois with a curious look, What if you and the King of England have bad blood towards each other again? What position do you think that I should take on the matter. I clear my throat, My Kingdom has been cut in half, literally, as the northern part is now in Spanish hands. I want reassurance that you will come to my aid if I do decide to side with you during a conflict with England for I fear that King Henry will want to invade my Kingdom as a result.
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:34 am

I look down and shuffle the parchments before me, collecting my thoughts before sitting back and resting my hand on my cheek. "Your Majesty... If I may say so, Le Roi Henri has his hands quite full with this matter with the pope... whether he remains with his current queen or with the lady Anne, he has made an enemy of the papacy, but more importantly, with Spain and l'empereur." I shift and lean forward.

"He has no will to make war with the entire continent-count on that!... In turn, the Spanish invaders who now occupy Northern Navarre also find themselves surrounded by France. The aggressors are now trapped. I tell you now, that if you sign this treaty, I shall deliver an ultimatum to l'empereur... leave Northern Navarre, or face the combined forces of a free Navarre to the South and France to the North!"
Back to top Go down
Francis of Navarre
King of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:45 am

I lean in close to Francois, Don't forget that I am also married to his dear youngest sister and would assume that I will always side with him.  I lean back, glancing at the crowd gathered, breathing deeply.  I turn only my head to look at him once more, I will do what I feel is best for my Kingdom, at least what little is left of it.  France is much more mighty than England and our alliance and friendship in the sense of brotherhood shall make us a force to be reckoned with!

You do have a point though.  England is caught up in the nonsense of a Royal Divorce.  Personally, I believe that the Pope should not grant it.  I pray for God to set Henry straight!  I look through the papers along with Francois.  I am still learning the art of Kingship.  I was thrust into it so quickly that my head still spins.

Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:58 am

I can see Francis wishing to be bold and diplomatic at once. He will learn this with experience... I must be careful and not overplay my hand and sound neither overly patronizing nor pessimistic.

"Oui, while I hold great affection for the Lady Anne as we became close the time she spent at my court, I believe mon frere makes a grave error... Rome and l'empereur are quite a formidable force to be up against at once!... his hands shall be too full to commence hostilities with you in the foreseeable future... l'empereur and his thirst for conquest is our true mutual enemy. Together we can defend against any aggression on his part, if this treaty is signed and sealed."
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:54 pm

I take my seat and my face takes on a cold expression. Now was not the time for pageantry and show, it was the business of ruling that took precedent. I had been raised to understand that all Kings had an agenda and would require something from my husband's kingdom. "And what would your Majesty require for helping defend our Nation?"
Scanning the document in front of me, I look for anything that wouldn't be to our benefit...or to my taste. I remember my lesson from the sisters at Poissy; everything comes at a cost.
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:56 am

I raise my eyebrow and turn my head to La Reina Katherine, a slow smile spreads across my face. "Mais oui, is that not why we call it negotiation, votre Majesté?" I say and fold my hands, looking pointedly at Francis.

"A completely free Navarre under your strong rule votre Majesté, represents a bulwark... a buttress upon our South and Westen flank... if we sign un alliance pour la sécurité, it would mean that in the event of hostilities with l'empereur or any other foreign invader, that France may count on the co-operation of the Kingdom of Navarre to attack or defend from that region... this is most important to us as it would allow me to greatly decrease the troop strength on our Southern border to be used elsewhere." I turn back to La Reina Katherine with a more serious expression in my eyes and tone of voice.

"You see votre Majesté... what I seek is what you seek... trust."
Back to top Go down
Francis of Navarre
King of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:10 am

I look to Katherine then back to Francois as his words sink in. Those are most agreeable terms indeed Your Majesty. My troops can defend and can be spread across France if needed. I take a drink of my wine when a thought suddenly crosses my mind. I propose another addendum to the Peace Treaty... I clear my throat, I propose that we also enter our children into a marriage to cement said alliance. I place my hand on Katherine's belly, My unborn child whether a boy or a girl to wed a child of yours?
Back to top Go down
Claude Valois
Queen of France

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:13 am

I listen to the conversation carefully, and I decided to not take a tone out of my mouth, I looked very calmed at my husband then at Queen Katherine, I hoped that there will be clearance in this matter.

Knowing that my husband will make good decision, and take full responsibilities on his actions, my thought were at my niece Juana and her mother, what will happen with them if something goes wrong.

Then the matter of marrying our children made me a bit stressed, but I still didn't want to talk, I waited for François to make decisions.
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:25 am

I sit back and cast a glance at Claude, that I may glean her reaction in all of this, before turning back to his majesty Francis. Nodding my head and placing both palms down upon the table. "Votre Majesté... I am of the firm opinion that a marriage between our families shall create a bond between our two kingdoms that shall last generations... I endorse it whole-heartedly."
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:14 pm

My head snaps in the direction of Francis and with widened eyes, I look at him.... Taking a quiet breath, I look down. Shutting my eyes for a moment....I attempt to remain calm. We were discussing the marriage of a child I was carrying it. I had heard of marrying children from the cot, but never the womb.
Forcing myself to smile graciously, I lift my head but feel uncomfortable sitting....Sighing and inclining my head, I breath slowly.
Back to top Go down
Francis of Navarre
King of Navarre

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:53 pm

Then it is settled on the marriage but if we conquer lands, they should be evenly divided between us. Katherine's grip on my hand tightens and he face spells out that she must be in pain. I look at her, Do you need to go and lay down my love? I ask with concern, fearing that maybe our child is about to arrive.
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:39 pm

Nodding, looking pale. I stand up slowly....I smile faintly at my hosts. "Your Majesties, must ask that you excuse me....I am not feeling at all well."
Back to top Go down
Claude Valois
Queen of France

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:28 pm

After seeing Queen Katherine leaving the room I look at the Kings "Your Majesties I am going to follow Queen Katherine, please proceed" I smile at them as I leave the room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance   

Back to top Go down

Friendship Summit of the Franco-Iberian Alliance
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2