The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Chambre de Marguerite de Valois

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
François 1er de France
King of France
François 1er de France

Chambre de Marguerite de Valois Empty
PostSubject: Chambre de Marguerite de Valois   Chambre de Marguerite de Valois I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 12:32 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Geneviève Guyot
Housewife
Geneviève Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Chambre de Marguerite de Valois   Chambre de Marguerite de Valois I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 6:32 am

She rapped softly at the princess's door, patiently awaiting a reply as she stood rigid as a statue, every hair in place and not a wrinkle in her gown.
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France
Marguerite de Valois

PostSubject: Re: Chambre de Marguerite de Valois   Chambre de Marguerite de Valois I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 11:44 pm

Sitting at my vanity I brushed my hair in smooth movements lost in thoughts when a gentle knock appeared at my door. You may come in. I continued to brush my hair staring into the mirror noticing a lady appear
Back to top Go down
Geneviève Guyot
Housewife
Geneviève Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Chambre de Marguerite de Valois   Chambre de Marguerite de Valois I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 2:25 am

Upon entering, Geneviève curtsied exactly as low as was appropriate for Marguerite's rank, and smiled courteously.

"Your Highness, I hope I do not interrupt. I am Geneviève Guyot. The king your brother has asked me to come to you. He wishes me to be somewhat of a companion to you."

Her voice was soft as she spoke, but her eyes sparkled with the pride she had of serving the king's wishes.
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France
Marguerite de Valois

PostSubject: Re: Chambre de Marguerite de Valois   Chambre de Marguerite de Valois I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 7:51 pm

I smiled waving my hand for her to rise what fun could be hand to have a companion but I longed for a mother figure. Then you best come sit next to me and tell me of yourself and your family.
Back to top Go down
Geneviève Guyot
Housewife
Geneviève Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Chambre de Marguerite de Valois   Chambre de Marguerite de Valois I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 12:44 am

Gracefully, Geneviève went to sit next to the princess. She smoothed out her skirts, arranging them neatly without a fold.

"My husband is Jean-Paul Guyot, a merchant who has done very well for himself. We have three children, two sons and a daughter. Pierpont and Chevalier, who are both in the military, and Coralie is lady in waiting to Queen Claude."
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France
Marguerite de Valois

PostSubject: Re: Chambre de Marguerite de Valois   Chambre de Marguerite de Valois I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 8:34 pm

I smiled I remembered her daughter Coralie but had not the pleasure to meet Chevalier. I have met your daughter Coralie very sweet had a friendship with my brother is she married to a French Solider? I let out a sad sigh. Times in France are hard at the minute just because the king and Queen have gone on vacation the French people think they can leave her it makes me feel like a failure like I can not perform the simple task of keeping a French court together. But you have stayed
Back to top Go down
Geneviève Guyot
Housewife
Geneviève Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Chambre de Marguerite de Valois   Chambre de Marguerite de Valois I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 3:51 am

"Oh heavens, no! I have in mind for her future husband the son of a very good friend of the family. It has been difficult to have her warm up to the idea of marriage."

She gave a warm smile to Marguerite.

"I have no reason to leave France, princess. But I am known for having a firm hand in these matters. If ever you should need some help, I am available. I hope I do not presume in this matter."

She could see how lost Marguerite seemed, and her motherly instincts took over.
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France
Marguerite de Valois

PostSubject: Re: Chambre de Marguerite de Valois   Chambre de Marguerite de Valois I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 7:20 pm

I had never known what a normal mother and daughter relationship before. I think my mother hated me actually I know she did hence why my parents beat me at an early age but I cannot for the life of me remember what I did. What kind of relationship do you have with Coralie they say that we inherit the love we got of our parents then pass it on to our children. I wasn't used to somebody of her age being so nice to me
Back to top Go down
Geneviève Guyot
Housewife
Geneviève Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Chambre de Marguerite de Valois   Chambre de Marguerite de Valois I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 3:51 am

"Why would you think that of your own mother?"

She looked tenderly at the princess.

"My mother died when I was little, so my stepmother raised me. She was not a kind woman but she did help arrange my marriage. My relationship with Coralie is not easy, I suppose she would say I'm too hard on her, I just want her to be disciplined. She can easily take the road that leads to living like a heathen."
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France
Marguerite de Valois

PostSubject: Re: Chambre de Marguerite de Valois   Chambre de Marguerite de Valois I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 8:28 pm

I looked at her rolling my eye's. It is known knowledge that my mother and farther both came into my bedroom and decided to beat me that is why I think we never got along. I put my brush down and curled up my hair. I suspose that is natural to have strong discipline but were you strict with your sons. I often think that us girls get the most strongest discipline just because of our sex.
Back to top Go down
Geneviève Guyot
Housewife
Geneviève Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Chambre de Marguerite de Valois   Chambre de Marguerite de Valois I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 9:28 pm

Geneviève looked astonished at Marguerite.

"Why would your parents do such a thing?? What on earth could a princess do to warrant such a punishment?"

She looked askance at mention of her sons. True, she'd given her love more freely to them.

"When you are a mother you will understand. I am tough on Coralie because she continually has her head in the clouds. She even befriended a soldier, for God's sake. She cannot make decisions wisely I'm afraid."
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France
Marguerite de Valois

PostSubject: Re: Chambre de Marguerite de Valois   Chambre de Marguerite de Valois I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 4:38 pm

I flinched at the sudden memory with handful of my hair left upon my bed after they found out. I had been secretly involved with a man so they sought to punish me I think it was purely of his rank but my scalp was sore for days. Maybe that is why I have a slight rebelious streak when it comes to men not all men. I wondered what was so wrong in befriending a solider then again my head was filled with constant thoughts of that solider. I am sure she befriended him as a thank you to a service for all their efforts in the wars they go on.
Back to top Go down
Geneviève Guyot
Housewife
Geneviève Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Chambre de Marguerite de Valois   Chambre de Marguerite de Valois I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 10:47 pm

"I have read that sometimes when children are forbidden certain things they only desire them all the more. I suppose the same goes with all people."

She saw how fragile the princess looked in her state, and she gently reached out to hold her hand.

"If you were my daughter I would never have laid a hand on you. True, I am harsh in my discipline but never have I physically hurt my children. As far as Coralie, I think she has such romantic thoughts, and perhaps befriending this soldier makes her feel safe when her brothers are not near. I don't recall her speaking of him in a lovesick manner."
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France
Marguerite de Valois

PostSubject: Re: Chambre de Marguerite de Valois   Chambre de Marguerite de Valois I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 6:43 pm

I had no response to her actions casually I patted her hand a part of me melted a little inside. I have never been in love sad isn't it maybe you should of been my mother instead.
Back to top Go down
Geneviève Guyot
Housewife
Geneviève Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Chambre de Marguerite de Valois   Chambre de Marguerite de Valois I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 5:34 pm

She smiled sadly a moment then whispered:

"You have bared your soul to me so now I shall respond in kind. I have never been in love before, either. In fact before I married my husband, I found out he was in love with my sister and had intended to marry her instead. My father interceded and said he must marry me, I was older and better suited for matrimony. But it breaks my heart every day that he has never said he loved me, not even in the marriage bed, in a flash of pleasure, has he ever said such words."
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France
Marguerite de Valois

PostSubject: Re: Chambre de Marguerite de Valois   Chambre de Marguerite de Valois I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 7:42 pm

Like a rabbit my ears pricked up and she now had my full attention. That is very cruel and unkind and you have been faithful during your marriage to him? How bizarre and strange men truly are so what of your sister is she banished from the family! I wondered if she had ever slapped her sister for such distrust
Back to top Go down
Geneviève Guyot
Housewife
Geneviève Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Chambre de Marguerite de Valois   Chambre de Marguerite de Valois I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:10 pm

She nodded sadly.

"Yes, I have been a faithful wife all these years. Whether or not my husband has strayed, I do not know nor even care. As for my sister she married another and now lives in Switzerland. I never laid a hand upon her, but I always privately disowned her. She could have changed the situation if she wanted to."
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France
Marguerite de Valois

PostSubject: Re: Chambre de Marguerite de Valois   Chambre de Marguerite de Valois I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 9:33 pm

I looked at her with surprise Switzerland I must say they do amazing coco beans so who knows you're sister could be very fat and least appealing on the eyes. I tried to make the situation sound more jolly for her. I think that you are very strong to turn the other cheek if it were me I would publicly shame her in front of the court.
Back to top Go down
Geneviève Guyot
Housewife
Geneviève Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Chambre de Marguerite de Valois   Chambre de Marguerite de Valois I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 12:49 am

Marguerite's joke came as a surprise to her and she laughed, politely covering her mouth.

"We were not a rich family, so even if I shamed Gabrielle, there would be no point in it. Only our village would really care and they had enough troubles to worry over. The world is not fair to anyone, but we must do the best we can to rise above them and lead our own lives."
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France
Marguerite de Valois

PostSubject: Re: Chambre de Marguerite de Valois   Chambre de Marguerite de Valois I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 11:45 am

If it was me I still would of shamed her I said to myself rich or poor. So tell me how did you end up at court and how old is your daughter when girls become of a certain age they must come to court it is like a passage way. For the rich and noble families their daughters get to have their own night to celebrate. But with people not so fortunate we invite everyone who has turned of age at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Geneviève Guyot
Housewife
Geneviève Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Chambre de Marguerite de Valois   Chambre de Marguerite de Valois I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 6:11 pm

"Coralie became a lady in waiting to Queen Claude, through a connection of my husband's. He may be dull but he has a head for business. We also hope to find her a husband of her own. Also, my sons are in the army, so that has also awarded us a place at court. They have ranked very highly and pleased King Francis."
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France
Marguerite de Valois

PostSubject: Re: Chambre de Marguerite de Valois   Chambre de Marguerite de Valois I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 5:33 pm

It was then that I remembered the horrid thing that had nearly taken place with her son had she not known that my brother had banished him from court for attempting rape towards a much beloved family friend clearly not. Tell me do either of your sons have a very nasty temper trying to do things which are unlawful I was suppose to tell her about pier and what he had tried to do poor lady I did not want to but surely she must of known right I went to my little floral wooden box and held it open for her. These are macaroons from Paris please do take one
Back to top Go down
Geneviève Guyot
Housewife
Geneviève Guyot

PostSubject: Re: Chambre de Marguerite de Valois   Chambre de Marguerite de Valois I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 8:13 pm

Her eyebrows rose when Marguerite mentioned such a thing. She placed her hand against her heart.

"My sons? Hardly. Although I admit they take pleasure in disobeying me at times, neither has been known to have a stormy temper."

She wondered why the princess would ask such a thing, and her face turned stony. She forced a smile and took a little pastel-colored macaroon.

"Merci."
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France
Marguerite de Valois

PostSubject: Re: Chambre de Marguerite de Valois   Chambre de Marguerite de Valois I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 4:05 am

I could feel her eye's in the back of my head like daggers I placed my box back now carefully You think I have spoken out of term don't you? Getting up I ran my fingers over my gowns trying to find something for my solider
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chambre de Marguerite de Valois   Chambre de Marguerite de Valois I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chambre de Marguerite de Valois
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next