The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Queen Katherine's Bedchamber

Go down 
+9
Philip De Burgundy
Juana of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon
Elizabeth Hervey
Thomas More
Maria De Salinas
Elizabeth Darrell
Elena Salvatore
Emma Moore
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Katherine of Aragon
Dowager Princess of Wales
Katherine of Aragon

Queen Katherine's Bedchamber Empty
PostSubject: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 5:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Emma Moore
Lady-in-waiting
Emma Moore

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 7:10 pm

Emma knocked at the door and she entered "Your Majesty.."
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 4:43 pm

Katherine had been praying for the cleansing of England, that the evil cloud known as Anne Boleyn would leave and all would be restored, when Lady Emma came in. She stood up and walked away from her prie deau and smiled.

"Lady Emma. How do you fare?"
Back to top Go down
Elena Salvatore
Lady-in-waiting
Elena Salvatore

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 11:00 pm

Elena could hear her majesty in conversation already entering the room quitely she curtsied placing the queens nightgowns on the side waiting patiently.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Darrell
Lady-in-waiting
Elizabeth Darrell

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 12:03 am

Elizabeth came in Her Majesty's room with a pitcher of warm water to wash Her Majesty's feet before she went to sleep. She curtsied and walked over to fill the basin. Once she was done, she went over to stand with Elena and waited till Her Majesty was ready for her.
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 6:54 pm

With all of her ladies with her Katherine was exhausted from her emotional day. She spent most of it at her prie deau praying, beseeching God to bring tranquilty back to Englad and to return her to her rightful throne. She gets up and addresses her ladies.

"Lady Elizabeth, my feet are dreadfully sore this night so be gentle with them. Lady Elena, I would like the softest nightgown I own, so I can sleep comfortably. And Lady Emma, can you braid my hair so it doesn't become tangled whilst I sleep?"
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Darrell
Lady-in-waiting
Elizabeth Darrell

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 9:02 pm

Yes Your Majesty *Elizabeth walks over to the table and grabbed the basin and added more warm water and some clean cloths. She kneeled in front of Her Majesty and gently placed her feet in the basin and began to wash them*
Back to top Go down
Elena Salvatore
Lady-in-waiting
Elena Salvatore

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 4:48 pm

That has already been prepared for you your Majesty they are new aswell Elena went over placing the most crisp and fresh nightgown laid out on the bed.
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 6:08 pm

"Thank you, Lady Elizabeth and Lady Elena. I am happy that during this hard time, I have some loyal friends about my person to make things easier and more comfortable."

Katherine gets up after having her feet washed. Her hands fumble at the front of her dress.
Back to top Go down
Elena Salvatore
Lady-in-waiting
Elena Salvatore

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 10:26 am

Elena shook her head. You are the only Queen of England where else should we be Elena stood behind her taking her layer of clothing and folding it up. God and the pope shall put this right your majesty
Back to top Go down
Maria De Salinas
Lady-in-waiting
Maria De Salinas

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 4:04 pm

*Curtsies deep* ''Your Majesty, do you need for me to do anything before I retire to my chambers for the evening?'' Smile
Back to top Go down
Elena Salvatore
Lady-in-waiting
Elena Salvatore

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 9:13 pm

Elena had come to see her Queen. It was early morning but as promised she had planned to keep her updated with the events at court. Gently she tapped on the door.
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 4:53 pm

I was praying when I heard a knock on the door "Please, come in.." As I sat back down and started praying again

Back to top Go down
Elena Salvatore
Lady-in-waiting
Elena Salvatore

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 9:50 pm

Elena curtsied and shit the door quietly behind her.

Your Majesty, I hope that I am not disturbing you.

Elena waited until she had finished praying before speaking again.
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 8:49 am

Katherine smiled "Of course not, my lady. Come in.."
Back to top Go down
Elena Salvatore
Lady-in-waiting
Elena Salvatore

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 8:48 pm

I have been thinking of you recently your highness. Tell me how is your health are you well.

Elena asked not wanting to voice any concern.
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 5:58 pm

The Queen smiled at Elena such innocence and concern from one so young lightened the Queens already heavy heart.....approaching her lady in waiting she clasped her hands over Elenas "I am quite well, thank you for asking..and how are you?"
Back to top Go down
Elena Salvatore
Lady-in-waiting
Elena Salvatore

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 6:44 pm

I am glad to see your spirit not so beaten your majesty. I am well I have no news from court but as they say no news is good news something like that.

Elena said full of joyful spirit. It was not that long until Christmas season at court, but Elena would rather be here, celebrating the true religious meaning of the season.

I know that Mary you're princess, rightful heir to the throne is in good health and misses you just as much as you do her.

Elena gave a sympathetic look to be parted from your daughter must be hell on earth.
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 10:32 pm

Katherine takes a seat by the fire and looks into the flames as Elena mentions her daughter princess Mary. .The mere mention of the princess stabs at her heart and brings tears to her eyes...

"I'm glad my daughter is in such good health ..yes it is hard to be parted from her..But I trust that God will bring us together again..Elena please read to me ..I find it soothes me"
Back to top Go down
Elena Salvatore
Lady-in-waiting
Elena Salvatore

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 11:44 am

Of course your majesty.

Elena went and picked up a book flicking through the pages. She took her seat opposite the queen warming her feet.

Sonnets of penned passions, 
Sing of love's sweet song, 
Lingering memories of love, 
Golden days gone wrong. 

Our hearts desired nothing, 
But a time for me and you, 
Golden days, with no reality, 
Our love we thought so true. 

Like sonnets penned in scarlet, 
Worn pages, now pink in hue, 
Our love was lost forever, 
But once it was so true. 

But those golden days, 
In my heart are always true, 
For they are penned in sonnets, 
Golden days of me and you.
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 4:50 pm

Katherine stares at the flames in the fire as Elena reads the passage, such softness in the tone of her voice brings the words alive and a stab of tears to her eyes...when Elena finishes Katherine sighs then looks to Elena..

"You read so beautifully Elena..The words reminded me of His Majesty and me at the beginning of our life together...so young and in love I truly believe with my whole heart that God will bring us back to each other and our daughter too.."
Back to top Go down
Elena Salvatore
Lady-in-waiting
Elena Salvatore

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 1:51 am

Elena reached forward squeezing her hand.

You are still queen and always will be. People are working hard for you and Mary to be reunited. The king is bewitched, amoured in a love that is not right with no bound or duty. Lust, desire, greed can make us all do very stupid things all the strings are in the hands of the concubine he is just the puppet for her a play thing if you were.
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 5:19 pm

"Bless you Elena, your loyalty is reassuring to me, I only wish His Majesty would speak with me so he would know my depth of love for him. I pray God shows him the mistakes he is making. All those advisors around him and they poison his mind also. Elena, please can you send word to Sir Thomas Moore and ask him to come see me please?"
Back to top Go down
Elena Salvatore
Lady-in-waiting
Elena Salvatore

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 5:59 pm

Elena thought of all those council men of the kings. Since Elena was last at court the king had probably changed them.

Always loyal but the king has Charles Brandon, duke of Suffolk. He would never try to poison the king's mind. I shall write to him straight away your Majesty.

Setting down her book Elena wrote a hastily note to Sir Thomas More. She didn't enquire as to what is was about and quickly sent it of with a pageboy.
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 7:10 pm

"Bless you Elena, you bring me such comfort at a time when there is none.."

Katherine closes her eyes and tears pick in the corners..The heaviness in heart is overwhelming but she knows she must stay strong for a little while longer..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Bedchamber   Queen Katherine's Bedchamber I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Queen Katherine's Bedchamber
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next