The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Roses of truth

Go down 
+2
Thomas More
Elizabeth Wykes
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Elizabeth Wykes
Countess of Essex
Elizabeth Wykes

Roses of truth Empty
PostSubject: Roses of truth   Roses of truth I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 4:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Wykes
Countess of Essex
Elizabeth Wykes

Roses of truth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 4:24 pm

This was one of Elizabeth favourite and secret places to come too she smiled when she saw Thomas approaching
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Roses of truth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:56 pm

Thomas was having a walk along the Rose of thruth garden. He was holding his prayers book in his hands. Suddenly she saw a woman sitting alone. He recognized her as Cromwe'll wife. He approached her slowly. Then smiled stopping his walk next to her

Lady Elizabeth..good day. What a nice surprise finding you here..

He said kindly after bowing. She looked very different from her husband. But he never forgot that she was a reformer
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Wykes
Countess of Essex
Elizabeth Wykes

Roses of truth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 9:48 am

Elizabeth stood up and smiled. "Hello Thomas it's lovely to see you too. How is Margaret settling into court life it can be a big adjustment. I know you look at me as a Reformist but to be frankly honest no woman has a say in what she can or cannot believe in. If this gives you any satisfaction I am completely alone in my marriage but when I spoke to Alice your marriage sounds tremendous"
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Roses of truth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 12:10 am

Thomas showed her a fake, weak smile. He just sighed and shrugged

You know, my lady..your beliefs about religion are your business, not mine. It's something about your conscience. And only God can judge you. I'm simply...a loyal servant of our Saviour. And about your marriage, it's not a good thing feeling alone. I hope you can solve problems with your husband. On the contrary..Alice and I are very happy together and we're very proud about my daughter Margaret. I wish the same to you, of course...

He answered, trying to look kind and calm
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Wykes
Countess of Essex
Elizabeth Wykes

Roses of truth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 4:34 am

Elizabeth rolled her eye's. "Thomas if it pains you so much to be in my company then you may leave. You do not know me and yet you are punishing me just because of my husband? You have changed greatly" Standing still she crossed her arms even his coldness was an attractive trait "But about my conscience you are always on it"
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Roses of truth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 10:57 pm

Thomas smiled weakly shooking his head

My lady..my education and religious faith forbid me to be rude with a lady, even if Reformist. Your husband and I are not exactly...good friends. And I disapprove his influence on the King. But..you're a God's creature too...

He added with true kindness in his last words
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Wykes
Countess of Essex
Elizabeth Wykes

Roses of truth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 9:47 pm

Elizabeth never really thought of Thomas having any influence over the king the thought was to hilarious to even prosper. "I always thought that now it is the Lady Anne Boleyn who has the most influence over his majesty! The way I see it is this if the Lady Anne was not in the picture or around then their would be no reformation. The good and the innocent always get hurt but I did remind Thomas not to peak so high I dare not tell you his reaction to that" Elizabeth looked at him wondering what truth was held in his last words
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Roses of truth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 12:57 am

Thomas showed her an enigmatic smile

I'll keep for myself my opinions about Lady Anne. Even if the King already knows them and respect them. No one can prove that she or her father tried to poison Bishop Fisher. But I'll prove him that my affection for him never changed. And..don't be afraid, lady Cromwell: I have no intention to burn you..

He added, noticing suspect in her glance
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Wykes
Countess of Essex
Elizabeth Wykes

Roses of truth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 6:25 am

Frowning Elizabeth took a step back this was not turning into the nice talkative walk she had imagined. "Oh now come on Thomas you must be playing foolery with me! Burn me have I committed acts of treason I think not. Would you really burn me if you had the choice I would like to know in all honesty." Elizabeth waited for his answer an honest one she hoped at that.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Roses of truth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 12:17 am

Thomas sighed deeply. He shook his head noticing her reaction

Oh please..don't look at me in that way, my lady. I'm not an Inquisitor. And...even if I burnt many heretics in the past, I would never do the same to you. Neither...I have the power to do that, actually. You're the King's secretary's wife. Then...the safest lady of the court...

He answered with kind voice
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Wykes
Countess of Essex
Elizabeth Wykes

Roses of truth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 1:06 pm

"I think they start to boil people now it is what they did to the cook that cooked for you all. Thomas could not stay to watch it all but Thomas and George Boleyn stayed until the very end" Elizabeth certainly did not feel like the safest lady at court more like the loneliest.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Roses of truth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 12:18 am

Thomas took a deep breath glancing quickly around

The cook was ordered to kill Bishop...and maybe even myself. By Thomas Boleyn and probably his daughter. As you see, no one is safe at court. Especially...if close to power...

He whispered, like if he feared that someone could hear them
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Wykes
Countess of Essex
Elizabeth Wykes

Roses of truth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 8:41 pm

Elizabeth looked around their was no one to hear them. "I must admit that you are probably a better husband than mine at the moment"
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Roses of truth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 12:28 am

Thomas frowned with a small smile

What do you mean, my lady?

He asked curiously
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Wykes
Countess of Essex
Elizabeth Wykes

Roses of truth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 2:49 pm

Was it right for Elizabeth to feed his curious mind. "My husband only ever mutters but one line of word to me and that is when during intimacy and I know that a marriage does not revolve around bodily pleasures but we all have certain requirements. It is always very difficult for the wife when the husband is busy and the more busier he is the more the wife gets neglected. Trying to talk about it is difficult as all he is working for is the family but I rather it wasn't. At this very present their is only one person in my marriage me." Her lustful thoughts were now about Thomas More as strange as it seemed to Elizabeth she was taking any comfort she could from being in his presence he spoke to her like a human being and although she would never act on instinct she would always admire him afar hoping it would soon subside and her own husband would take about being more loving to her.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Roses of truth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 12:11 am

Thomas smiled weakly, a bit embarassed by her words

I'm sorry that you feel neglected by your husband, my lady. But as you said, he is a busy man. And..after all, intimacy does not mean everything into a marriage. Many other things are important: like respect...and devotion. My wife and I are happy in spite of there is no intimacy between us since long time. I'm not a young boy anymore...who needs having children...

He cleared his throat looking elsewhere as he felt her eyes on him
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Wykes
Countess of Essex
Elizabeth Wykes

Roses of truth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 2:01 pm

Elizabeth moved her eye's gaze towards the sky "My intentions were honest Thomas you need not be embarassed by what I say and feel it is one of these things. Alice kept on talking about how great a husband you were and ever since then you have been on my mind." Elizabeth hoped that he knew she would not make any sudden move upon him she just craved his company.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Roses of truth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 12:00 am

Thomas smiled gently, turning his eyes towards her again

I'm flattered to hear that, lady Cromwell. My wife's opinion is very important to me. We support each other. I just regret noy having children with her. You know, I married Alice one month later my poor Jane's death. My children needed a mother...

He looked at her with an intrigued smile

By the way, how is your son Gregory, my lady?
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Wykes
Countess of Essex
Elizabeth Wykes

Roses of truth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 7:32 pm

Pursing my lower lip I wondered why people always had to talk about their happy marriages. "You and Alice have always known each other before you even married Jane. Some would say you might just of married Alice the first time you met her instead of Jane." Everyone else thought it so why not say it. Casting her mind to her son Elizabeth was glad he was back in Essex with his sisters. "He is back home in Essex he is my only surviving son you don't even know what heartache is until you lose a part of your flesh and blood."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Roses of truth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 1:10 am

Thomas nodded sighing deeply

I can only imagine your pain, my lady. A mother or father shouldn't outlive their own children. But this is God's will. I know...that we have different opinions about religion. But if you need some consolation, or if you just need talking, you'll find a friend in me, my lady...

He said with sincere concern
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Wykes
Countess of Essex
Elizabeth Wykes

Roses of truth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 11:05 pm

Elizabeth smiled. "I wish for Thomas to go back to the old faith then I think he might pay me some more attention and our children aswell"
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Roses of truth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 11:37 pm

Thomas smiled her back

Oh...we have the same hope, then. It would be good not only for your marriage. But for the whole England. Sometimes I neglect my wife too, I admit it. But she always supports me in everything. I guess you do the same with your husband...

He added with a friendly smile
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Wykes
Countess of Essex
Elizabeth Wykes

Roses of truth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 9:40 pm

Elizabeth eyed him and stopped walking for a moment. "I am going to tell you something that Alice told me and I pray god that your daughter does never find out as it shall break her heart completely I am not best at keeping secrets Alice said that you were both in love before you even married Jane Colt? So the neglect that you speak of is different my husband neglects me due to his increasing work load but I suspect that you neglect Alice due to guilt." It was nice to finally speak what had been tormenting my mind for these past weeks now he may do and receive this information in any way he liked but the fact that Margaret was not at court was surely proof.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Roses of truth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 1:00 am

Thomas stopped walking too. He looked at Elizabeth with a thoughtful air

Alice told you that? Oh...well, we knew each other since long time. She was a family's friend. But when Jane got sick...I found Alice at my side and she consoled me. And little by little we fell in love. Do you find something wrong in this, my lady?

He asked, knowing that many people judged the fact that he married her so quickly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Roses of truth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roses of truth   Roses of truth I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roses of truth
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next