HomePortalRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

The Ship To Venice

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Henry Throckmorton
Duke of Devonshire
Henry Throckmorton

The Ship To Venice Empty
PostSubject: The Ship To Venice   The Ship To Venice I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 11:55 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Henry arrived at the ship early in the morning. It was chilly but the water looked calm and he could see the sun rise. He had his servants load his luggage onto the ship as he waited for a few other courtiers who would accompany him on his journey...
Back to top Go down
Jacob Monroe
Poet
Jacob Monroe

The Ship To Venice Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ship To Venice   The Ship To Venice I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 1:36 am

Carrying his things in a bag over his shoulder Jacob smiled as he saw the ship come into sight. He was looking forward to leaving England behind for a while. Calling out a hello to Henry as he boarded Jacob looked around to see who else was here.
Back to top Go down
Beatrice of Portugal
Princess of Portugal
Beatrice of Portugal

The Ship To Venice Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ship To Venice   The Ship To Venice I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 2:53 am

After breakfast, Beatrice took her book and the servants carried her luggage to ship, and loaded them. She felt very excited for this trip and as she stepped onto the ship with her ladies, she looked around, smiling to everyone.
Back to top Go down
Joan Fitzgerald
Countess of Ormonde
Joan Fitzgerald

The Ship To Venice Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ship To Venice   The Ship To Venice I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 2:14 pm

Stepping onto the boat Joan looked for Henry she didn't reconize the two other faces perhaps they were new to this court she smiled anyway waiting for Henry to appear
Back to top Go down
Henry Throckmorton
Duke of Devonshire
Henry Throckmorton

The Ship To Venice Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ship To Venice   The Ship To Venice I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 2:29 pm

Henry arrived battling with his trunks. He had one propped on his shoulder, one in his hand and his servant carried another - he wasn't really capable of travelling lightly.
He spotted the ship and smiled - time for an adventure. He noticed a few people and shouted,"Hello!"
Back to top Go down
Joan Fitzgerald
Countess of Ormonde
Joan Fitzgerald

The Ship To Venice Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ship To Venice   The Ship To Venice I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 8:42 pm

Turning around with the winter sun in her eyes Joan smiled as she saw Henry appear a feeling of happiness spread throughout her body.Walking closer she waved to him from up on deck.  I was starting to think to think you had forgotten all about us!
Back to top Go down
Henry Throckmorton
Duke of Devonshire
Henry Throckmorton

The Ship To Venice Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ship To Venice   The Ship To Venice I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 8:51 pm

Henry grinned and looked to Joan replying playfully,"How could I forgot you, Joan?"

He set down his luggage and wrapped an arm around her shoulders in a friendly manner,"How have you been?"
Back to top Go down
Joan Fitzgerald
Countess of Ormonde
Joan Fitzgerald

The Ship To Venice Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ship To Venice   The Ship To Venice I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 9:01 pm

Joan wrapped her arm around him and sighed. Oh it can easily be done believe me. Well I do not have to marry francis bryan anymore so that to me is a blessing.
Back to top Go down
Henry Throckmorton
Duke of Devonshire
Henry Throckmorton

The Ship To Venice Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ship To Venice   The Ship To Venice I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 9:36 pm

Henry looked surprised,"Why? Last I heard you were all set for matrimony...but that must have been a few months ago..."
Back to top Go down
Joan Fitzgerald
Countess of Ormonde
Joan Fitzgerald

The Ship To Venice Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ship To Venice   The Ship To Venice I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 12:18 am

Joan rolled her eyes wishing she had not brought up the subject. I was not woman enough for him and he refused to marry anyway who knows what Venice will have in store for me Joan looked around wondering when they were setting of on their journey. What about you sweeting is all fair in love and war as they say except from the war bit indeed
Back to top Go down
Jacob Monroe
Poet
Jacob Monroe

The Ship To Venice Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ship To Venice   The Ship To Venice I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 4:10 am

After leaving his belonging in the ship's lower passages Jacob came back up on deck to watch England's shore as they left. He was looking forward to seeing new places and starting over somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Henry Throckmorton
Duke of Devonshire
Henry Throckmorton

The Ship To Venice Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ship To Venice   The Ship To Venice I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 9:27 am

He shrugged with a smile,"Well I'm certainly not married - thank God."

He looked up as he noticed someone else onboard,"Hello sir - are you joining us on our journey?"
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

The Ship To Venice Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ship To Venice   The Ship To Venice I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 6:49 pm

Finally arriving, I board the ship. My Ladies hurry behind me as we ascend up onto the deck. With my cloak draped around me, I gracefully make my way along the ship as my servants loaded my possessions into my cabin. I look out across the sea from under my hood and sigh. I had left my daughter in the nursery at Whitehall with most of my attendants but the separation from her was agonising. Breathing in the sea air, I make myself smile. I was representing Navarre and as Queen, I intended to make my husband's Kingdom proud...even if we were estranged.
Back to top Go down
Joan Fitzgerald
Countess of Ormonde
Joan Fitzgerald

The Ship To Venice Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ship To Venice   The Ship To Venice I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 1:54 pm

Henry Throckmorton wrote:
He shrugged with a smile,"Well I'm certainly not married - thank God."

He looked up as he noticed someone else onboard,"Hello sir - are you joining us on our journey?"

Joan acknowledge the other passengers by a simple nod of the head keeping her eye's on Henry Maybe Venice shall put you in the mood for love then with a playful wink Joan went and spoke to Queen Katherine lifting the bottom of her dress to curtesy Queen Katherine it is nice to see you in good sorts how is the young babe
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

The Ship To Venice Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ship To Venice   The Ship To Venice I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 3:09 pm

Hearing a voice address me, I turn around and smile graciously.
"Thank you Countess." Inclining my head at her curtsey, I lift my hood off. "My daughter is very well...Growing quickly though." My smile becomes warm as I discuss my little Lizzy; my great joy.
Back to top Go down
Joan Fitzgerald
Countess of Ormonde
Joan Fitzgerald

The Ship To Venice Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ship To Venice   The Ship To Venice I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 3:41 pm

Joan smiled with her husband absent it must be hard for the Queen. I am told they grow so fast but when she is older you can bring her on such adventures and show her of proudly does the princess have golden hair like yours to In the sunlight the Queens hair glowed like a natural halo surrounding her a truly natural beauty she was
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

The Ship To Venice Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ship To Venice   The Ship To Venice I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 1:53 pm

"You're very kind my Lady, and I look forward to that day!" With a laugh, I think of my baby at home; her beautiful grey eyes and her soft wisps of blonde hair. "She certainly does..." I giggle. "She is my mother's granddaughter."
Back to top Go down
Henry Throckmorton
Duke of Devonshire
Henry Throckmorton

The Ship To Venice Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ship To Venice   The Ship To Venice I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 5:12 pm

Henry bowed - he didn't know there would be a queen on board.

He wrapped his arm around Joan's and smiled at the queen, whilst whispering,"You know a bloody Queen?"

He then glanced up at the Queen,"Your Majesty-what a pleasant surprise. It is an honour and a privilege."
Back to top Go down
Joan Fitzgerald
Countess of Ormonde
Joan Fitzgerald

The Ship To Venice Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ship To Venice   The Ship To Venice I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 5:37 pm

Joan quickly removed his arm from hers embarassed by this sudden intrusion. You never spent anytime with me to find out all you men and women just push us aside when someone better comes along Joan took a step away from him and gave a quick curtsey Katherine may we catch up when you return from Venice perhaps a light tea and you can bring your darling Elizabeth along with you
Back to top Go down
Henry Throckmorton
Duke of Devonshire
Henry Throckmorton

The Ship To Venice Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ship To Venice   The Ship To Venice I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 5:40 pm

Henry's eyes widened and he tilted his head, a slight smile of surprise on his lips,"Countess Ormonde, might I have the honour of a private word with you?"
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

The Ship To Venice Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ship To Venice   The Ship To Venice I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 5:53 pm

Smiling graciously, I bow my head in respect. "Your Grace." Turning my attention to the Countess, I nod. "That would be delightful...though I wouldn't let my brother catch you calling me 'Katherine'; He only just tolerates Charles calling me 'Katie'." I laugh and my smile becomes warm.
Back to top Go down
Joan Fitzgerald
Countess of Ormonde
Joan Fitzgerald

The Ship To Venice Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ship To Venice   The Ship To Venice I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 6:02 pm

I shall be back in a moment your highness although Katie does suit you Joan turned around walking a few steps away with Henry and sighed What is it!
Back to top Go down
Katherine Tudor
Princess of England
Katherine Tudor

The Ship To Venice Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ship To Venice   The Ship To Venice I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 6:06 pm

Laughing. "Thank you...I quite like it, just don't let Henry hear it!" Smiling graciously, I nod my head in acknowledgement. "Of course."
I return my gaze out across the sea; losing my thoughts at the sight of the horizon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Ship To Venice Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ship To Venice   The Ship To Venice I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ship To Venice
Page 1 of 1