HomePortalRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Share | 

A Morning with friends

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France

PostSubject: A Morning with friends    Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:31 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France

PostSubject: Re: A Morning with friends    Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:33 pm

I was looking forward to spending time with Isabelle again her company was always welcomed by me and each time I learnt something new about everytime we met.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: A Morning with friends    Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:47 am

Isabella joined the garden for her breakfast with the Princess. It was a lovely, sunny day. She smiled warmly once she saw her

My Princesse..good day. The weather is perfect for a breakfast outdoor. Don't you think?

She curtsied and she sat with her on the grass
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France

PostSubject: Re: A Morning with friends    Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:43 pm

I beamed eating some grapes as I saw Isabelle approach. Yes we are lucky to have splendid weather here in France no wonder the English are always flocking to us. I laughed looking around at the beautiful scenery surrounding us.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: A Morning with friends    Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:25 am

Isabelle took a bunch of grapes and started eating too

Yes, really we are. I heard that in England there is always fog. All the time. That's why they came often here. Apart from french ladies, of course..

She said with a teasing, joking smile
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France

PostSubject: Re: A Morning with friends    Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:47 pm

We never really had a fog in France only in the empty battle fields deserted by war. Yes I have never really seen a fog ever! I have never been to England but the streets of London are like those of Paris. I laughed at her last words Do you think that the English women are that stiff upper lipped in the bedroom.?
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: A Morning with friends    Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:45 pm

Isabelle laughed softly

Oh I have no idea, Votre Altesse. But I heard that they are not too much different from french women. Even if some of them like to appear like a saint, while they are not..

She rolled her eyes
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France

PostSubject: Re: A Morning with friends    Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:26 am

I laughed lightly it had been a long time since I had set eyes on an English lady at our court some of them I simply do not understand their manners. Isabelle I have a plan to change peoples opinions of us French I like the English king and if rumours are true he has taken on Anne Boleyn as his long term love. I think through the help of Anne we can prove that France is more than just a romping country that we like to show our passion instead of keeping it locked away. I wanted to write to Anne but something held me back I had no idea of her circumstances and would hate to ruin any chances for her by sending her a letter from a French Princess I would wait for a more better time.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: A Morning with friends    Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:11 am

Isabelle listened her with interest. She nodded

Yes, I heard about that. And I also know..that Anne's sister, Mary Boleyn, was King Francis's mistress, once. Mary and her sister were serving our Queen. And everyone called her The English Mare..

She added amused
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France

PostSubject: Re: A Morning with friends    Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:13 am

I had never heard of this before a Boleyn a French mistress what a scandal. I always thought that Mary was a mistress to King Henry VIII. Wait does that mean was Anne a mistress while she spent her time here! I know out of the two sisters Anne spent more time here than Mary. I wondered if King Henry had his suspicion about her time here.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: A Morning with friends    Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:37 am

Isabelle shook her head

Uhm..no I don't think so. But surely Mary was King's mistress. Why do you ask, Altesse?
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France

PostSubject: Re: A Morning with friends    Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:03 pm

I started to fiddle around with the grapes in the fruit bowl my mind elsewhere. It's just I had always thought that Anne got sent to France to learn some disiplin and well you always know what the King is like don't we I mean he bedded Mary who is not to say he did not with Anne. It sounded like madness but she had not been back to France in seven years of meeting king Henry.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: A Morning with friends    Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:45 pm

Isabelle showed a surprised face but she nodded

Oui..it's possible. But I heard that Anne's father, Thomas Boleyn, sent Anne to France for punishment. It seems she had a relationship, and maybe even a secret marriage, with a certain Henry Percy..

She said whispering, like someone could her them
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France

PostSubject: Re: A Morning with friends    Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:34 am

A secret marriage? I enjoyed the sound of this Anne Boleyn even more I had not heard of the man so to speak. A secret marriage is a shock among the English court but not so much here but no she could not of possibly have married otherwise the King of England would not be so amoured with her but I do like this discussion. Just a moment maybe he met Anne while she was in France you know when he came over for the field of gold greeting who could not forget it.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: A Morning with friends    Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:34 am

Isabelle shrugged with nonchalance and smiled

It's just a rumore, Votre Altesse. But there are many rumors about her. King Henry must be blind. Or terribly in love. Which is exactly the same thing..
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France

PostSubject: Re: A Morning with friends    Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:03 pm

Rumours what kind of rumours and how could I be not paying attention to them. Love is blind maybe I have ignored the rumours because I always thought the Boleyn family to be great friends with the French now am I to be weary of them. I wish I could know what Isabelle knew she was a wise women and had a strong a sound mind this was why I knew her to be a true friend.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: A Morning with friends    Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:23 am

Isabelle smiled friendly

I think the Boleyns still are French's friends, Altesse. King Francis is cousin to King Henry. And Anne's sister seved both Claude..and Francis, I guess. So France and England are still very close..

She took a sip from wine. She knew nothing about politics. But she loved to gossip
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France

PostSubject: Re: A Morning with friends    Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:51 pm

I spluterred out my wine in a fit of laughter when she mentioned the Boleyns both serving Francis something was telling me that Anne could not of otherwise king Henry would not even touch her let alone unthroning his Queen for her. I am not to sure that Anne ended up in Francis bed! King Henry is a proud man if he thought that Anne was a mistress to Francis then he would not go to the lengths he has now gone to surely. I drank some more of my wine trying to get all the facts together in my head. But Mary Boleyn she was both of the Kings mistress that we know for sure and their is even this rumour that she gave King Henry a son and with one swift look he gave up and then went on to show his affections to Anne. I looked at her in disbelief not quite believing it myself placing a grape into my mouth would they come back to France.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: A Morning with friends    Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:16 am

Isabelle sipped her wine and sighed deeply

A daughter. I heard Mary Boleyn gave him a daughter. And now he hopes Anne will give him a son. What if she fails? Will he try with their mother?

She added giggling
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France

PostSubject: Re: A Morning with friends    Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:07 pm

A daughter you say? I always thought it was a son as she became married and then started to be the mistress to king Henry. Such a strange situation for a young lady to find herself in did you know that Diane de poiters is now back at court but it is not Francis she seeks rather it is prince Henri. I took a strawberry taking gentle nibbles from it as I wrapped a wool shawl around my shoulders.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: A Morning with friends    Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:59 pm

Isabelle bit an apple and shrugged

Son or daughter..King Henry has more than one bastard. I wonder if King Francis has some too..Ohh really? I saw her at the Party..and I noticed how she looked at Prince Henri. Do you think there is something between them, Altesse?

She asked
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France

PostSubject: Re: A Morning with friends    Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:24 pm

I pondered this how many bastards could Henry have one or two perhaps no more than four. You see Francis does have them but he does not flaunt them publicly as their were born out of a lusty moment and shall never set their hands on this throne. Henri was a different from most other men he felt feelings deeply even though he could stand up for himself I did not want him hurt. It is probably nothing but I do not wish to see him hurt see if their is any way dear Isabelle to find out what she is thinking.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: A Morning with friends    Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:16 am

Isabelle looked curiously at her. She wondered what she meant

Do you really think that Madame De Poitiers could hurt him? Why do you think that, ma Princess?

She took a sip from fruit juice waiting for her answer
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France

PostSubject: Re: A Morning with friends    Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:50 am

I shrugged my shoulders I knew that their were women at court who would gladly take advantage. He has been through a lot he even got sent to Spain just so Francis could be free. I just want to make sure that he is being treated with the respect and authority he deserves. I ran my finger around the goblet distractedly.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: A Morning with friends    Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:09 am

Isabelle took a breath. She nodded leaning softly an hand on her arm

It's nice that you care so much for him, Altesse. But the Prince is adult enough to take care of himself. And to take decisions about women. He is stronger that you think..

She added with a soft smirk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Morning with friends    

Back to top Go down

A Morning with friends
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next