The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

A Morning with friends

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France
Marguerite de Valois

A Morning with friends  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Morning with friends    A Morning with friends  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 8:32 pm

I looked at her with a stubborn look French men were weak when it came to women especially when it came to powerful women. I just hope she doesn't turn out like the lady I met the other day. I dislike the French court being so quite I swear I can hear the mice dancing around do you have any ideas how to spice it up a bit. Finally the sun was coming out and I fancied a horse ride.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet
Isabelle De Guise

PostSubject: Re: A Morning with friends    A Morning with friends  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 12:22 am

Isabelle looked up at the sky. She smiled feeling sunlight on her face and giggled

Oh well..it depends what you mean for..to spice, Altesse. Cause there are many way to do that..

She said as she bit an apple
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France
Marguerite de Valois

PostSubject: Re: A Morning with friends    A Morning with friends  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 4:22 pm

With a nonchalant air I looked around helpless. Their was only one French man at this court and that was Henri. Maybe it is time that I settle down and marry my recent lover has gone over to England. A midnight masked ball would be the grandest of fun then I thought I could invite all the women of the French court to a big dinner or some gown and hair fittings what do you think. Some spice was certainly needed in this court I had no one to dance with but myself.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet
Isabelle De Guise

PostSubject: Re: A Morning with friends    A Morning with friends  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 12:08 am

Isabelle smiled immediately. She really liked this idea

A Masqued Ball? Oh it would be fantastic, Altesse. A good occasion for dancing, drinking...flirting. Who do you have in mind?

She asked with excitement
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France
Marguerite de Valois

PostSubject: Re: A Morning with friends    A Morning with friends  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 3:00 am

Whilst I was spending time with Isabelle a servant came holding out a silver tray on it was a letter something about the black edging made me feel nervous I shaked the feeling of. Breaking the seal it smelled of fresh ink and was perfectly written the letters swirling up and down. I looked at the back of the letter and smiled when it was from Katherine Tudor relaxing back I took an apple and began to read. Sorrow came out of her words as I read the full letter and threw my apple at the servant. That bastard! Isabelle you will never guess what the late Francis of Navarre has done claimed my daughter to the throne over his daughter baby Elizabeth. Isabelle what do I do?
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet
Isabelle De Guise

PostSubject: Re: A Morning with friends    A Morning with friends  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 10:49 pm

Isabelle looked at the servant bringing the letter. She waited with patience for Marguerite to finish to read it. But she was very curious. But after Marguerite's words, she remained speechless

What? Francis of Navarre..do you mean King Henry's brother in law? But..why he did it? I mean...why he choosed your daughter for the throne? Little Elizabeth is not a bastard, but a legitimate child..

This was really a weird matter, and she frowned a bit trying to understand. But she was confused
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France
Marguerite de Valois

PostSubject: Re: A Morning with friends    A Morning with friends  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 2:16 am

This was not a matter for me to be dealing with I was just only Sixteen. I think that this is a matter for my grandparents the king and Queen of France to deal with. I am but a child myself I have a marriage contracted between myself and Henry Navarre so their shall be no war as my farther Henri contracted that marriage for me since I was a baby. Irritable I sat up why did people always have to confuse me with my aunty.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet
Isabelle De Guise

PostSubject: Re: A Morning with friends    A Morning with friends  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 10:59 pm

Isabelle smiled indulgently at her

You're right, Altesse. You're too young to worry about such things. At your age you should just think about having fun. The engagement with Henry of Navarre will keep France safe from war. So..you have nothing to worry about..

She said motherly touching her shoulder softly
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France
Marguerite de Valois

PostSubject: Re: A Morning with friends    A Morning with friends  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 4:23 am

I felt relieved with Isabelle around but she was right I was young and should be having fun. I clasped my hand in hers and stood with a spring in my step. Let's go and get ready for the summer party.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet
Isabelle De Guise

PostSubject: Re: A Morning with friends    A Morning with friends  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 11:29 pm

Isabelle nodded and stood up after her

Oh yes..let's go. Just hope that my petite Anne will join us. I haven't seen her around, recently..

She smiled, holding her arm and walking with her towards Palace
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Morning with friends    A Morning with friends  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Morning with friends
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2