HomePortalRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Share | 

Summer Party

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France

PostSubject: Summer Party   Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:24 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France

PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:27 am

Summer had arrived and once again this year I had arranged the celebrations. Recently the court seemed very quite this I did not like. I hope my grandparents the King and Queen of France would attend we had various young and single ladies at court not that many men around. I picked up a glass of something which sparkled and fizzed in my mouth.

Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:42 pm

Isabelle joined the Party. She wore a purple gown but not so many jewels. Walking along hall she saw Marguerite and smiled at her. She took a glass of wine by a passing servant and kept on hearing music played by musicians

Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois

PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:39 am

I arrived in good spirits but inside I was miserable as sin. Two months had gone by without one word from Henri I wondered if he would attend here this evening but I doubted it. I cast my eyes around the room letting them fall upon a familiar face the last person in public that was with my Henri. It wouldn't hurt to ask her is she had heard from him. Our relationship was still extremely private and no one here at court even knew but this lady knew things that others only dreamed to know of I approached her in a friendly manner.

Good evening Madame de Guise how have you been these past few months.

Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:19 pm

Isabelle turned her head hearing a familiar voice. She smiled seeing Diane de Poitiers

Madame de Poitiers..how nice to see you! Oh I'm doing fine..thank you. What about yourself? I haven't seen you since Easter..

She replied kindly, gesturing her to join her table
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois

PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 am

I walked over to the table taking a seat in the most shady part of the garden. My hands were clammy holding my goblet of water to tightly. I have been well I can't quite believe that yes it is summer time again. After the Easter party some happiness entered into my life a mutual happiness too. I did not know Isabelle de Guise at all and to make an assumption of her would be a wrong thing to do I should get to know her before entrusting her with mine and Henris' secret. And you are well I see I was not aware that you had know the royals for so long. How do you could we the glances from those who have bitterness in them.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:20 pm

Isabelle smiled and poured a glass of water for herself as well

Indeed, Your Grace. I know King Francis and Queen Claude since ages. You know..they were close friends to my poor husband. But even after his death, they continued to grant me their friendship and support. I'm surpried not to see them around..and also the Prince Henri. He considers me like an aunt..

She said smiling warmly. She really wanted to know better the Duchess of Valentinois, cause she heard so much about her
Back to top Go down
Brigitte Rousselot
Lady-in-waiting

PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:19 am

Brigitte was looking forward to the Summer Party celebrations for it had been extremely quiet at court lately, as she walked among the tables she could not help but admire the pretty dresses of the high ranking ladies of court as she took her place and waited for her Majesty Queen Claude to make her appearance

Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France

PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:10 am

I smiled on as I saw Isabelle making friends with Diane. Upon seeing Brigitte walking in I decided to talk with her as she was sitting alone. Lady Brigitte thank you for coming it's always lovely to see my grandmothers lady in waiting. How have you been.
Back to top Go down
Brigitte Rousselot
Lady-in-waiting

PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:29 am

I stood as Princess Marguerite approached the table and curtsied, she looked completely stunning in her pink dress Your Highness I smiled I thank you for your very kind invitation I have been very well, I pray you have been well too?
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois

PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:58 am

Isabelle De Guise wrote:
Isabelle smiled and poured a glass of water for herself as well

Indeed, Your Grace. I know King Francis and Queen Claude since ages. You know..they were close friends to my poor husband. But even after his death, they continued to grant me their friendship and support. I'm surpried not to see them around..and also the Prince Henri. He considers me like an aunt..

She said smiling warmly. She really wanted to know better the Duchess of Valentinois, cause she heard so much about her

I wasn't even aware that Isabelle had once been married I always assumed she was just a wealthy spinster living her own life without having to answer to anybody.Sorry for your loss was you to fortunate enough to have children. I think that it is nice they kept you in such a high favour other ladies normally fall from their graces as nobody wants anything to do with them. I blushed as she mentioned Henri Isabelle probably knew his real side as well. Prince Henri is certainly a rare kind of man not one that I myself have laid my eye's on.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:51 pm

Isabelle sighed shooking her head

Unluckily I have no children, Your Grace. I was not so fortunate..my husbund was much older than me. But this is God's will and we have to accept it..

Her expression changed as Diane mentioned Henri. She noticed a bright light into her eyes

But I consider myself lucky for being in Royals's favour, indeed. Especially Queen Claude. She is such a lovely and lonely woman..I haven't seen Henri, recently. He grew up and he became a very handsome man. I noticed how ladies look at him. I'm sure you know what I mean, Your Grace..

She added meaningfully and almost whispering
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois

PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:51 pm

I grinned taking a sip of water letting my eye's wander around the room aa she mentioned Henri. Girls do like Henri it's very laughable to see the lengths ladies will go to for his attention. I am different though I didn't pursue he choosed me. I said very silently as I could feel myself embarassed at admiting my feelings towards him. I would like you to know that I shall not use him in anyway to gain status.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:04 pm

Isabelle smiled softly and shooked her head

You have no need of giving me explainations, Your Grace. I heard many noble things about you. And I would never think that you're using him. And anyway..Henri never allowed to someone to do that. So tell me..do you have other passions..besides the Prince?

She asked teasingly. She glanced fastly around room trying to catch her lady in waiting Anne, but she couldn't see her
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France

PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:36 pm

Brigitte Rousselot wrote:
I stood as Princess Marguerite approached the table and curtsied, she looked completely stunning in her pink dress Your Highness I smiled I thank you for your very kind invitation I have been very well, I pray you have been well too?

Why yes I have been thank you. It's a bit lonely what with my grandfarther and grandmother ate on their royal tour. I sighed taking in the evening air. Any way tell me about your life before coming to court.
Back to top Go down
Anne de Pisseleu d'Heilly
Lady-in-waiting

PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:41 pm

Anne arrived taking in the scenery at first. She was not one to drink but she took one anyway to help soothe her burning throat. She noticed her lady was entertaining someone although she wasn't sure who, gliding over to a nearby table she sat waiting, wondering about the summer two years ago.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:30 pm

Isabelle was talking with Diane, when she noticed Anne entering in the Hall. She smiled and decided to call her

Anne! Please, come here, ma petite..

She wanted to introduce her to Madame Diane de Poitiers
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois

PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:54 am

Isabelle De Guise wrote:
Isabelle smiled softly and shooked her head

You have no need of giving me explainations, Your Grace. I heard many noble things about you. And I would never think that you're using him. And anyway..Henri never allowed to someone to do that. So tell me..do you have other passions..besides the Prince?

She asked teasingly. She glanced fastly around room trying to catch her lady in waiting Anne, but she couldn't see her

I blushed at her last words trying to think of any of my passions.

Without meaning to sound vein, I like to take care of my appearance. None of this mucking around with new lotions or mask my face in clogged up powders.

I smiled sipping more water as a lady entered whom lady De Guise knew.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:05 pm

Isabelle smiled warmly, amused by her words

You appearance? Oh Madame..you look simply stunning. Also you're very young, and your skin is still fresh and smooth. You have no need to worry about that, trust me. Maybe I should, rather. You know..at my age I must be careful..

She added whispering and winked at her
Back to top Go down
Anne de Pisseleu d'Heilly
Lady-in-waiting

PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:43 pm

Isabelle De Guise wrote:
Isabelle was talking with Diane, when she noticed Anne entering in the Hall. She smiled and decided to call her

Anne! Please, come here, ma petite..

She wanted to introduce her to Madame Diane de Poitiers

Anne stood from the table a casual smile on her lips. She wondered who the lady sitting with her mistress is. The lady's dress was stately clearly she was of a high rank. "Bonsoir mesdames." She said happily as Anne drank away her sorrow of a long lost love.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:35 pm

Isabelle looked at Anne and she smiled warmly. She was happy to see her after so long time

Anne...ma petite! Where were you? I missed you. Oh come. I wish to introduce you Madame Diane De Poitiers, Duchess of Valentinois. She is a close friend to Prince Henri. Madame, she is my sweet lady in waiting, Anne de Pisseleu d'Heilly..

She said happily. She felt proud showing her loyal lady and friend to such important people at court
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois

PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:01 pm

Out loud it did sound silly to care about my ageing. My looks were all I had to keep any at hand until that person got to know me. I perked up when I saw new company come along.

Pleasure to meet you Anne. I must say Isabelle many ladies do not hold their servants in such praise. It seems that you have been very lucky.

I replied honestly I once had a lady in waiting which drove me to despair I shuddered at the memory of her.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:19 pm

Isabelle smiled

My Anne is a bit shy. But she is such a lovely girl, Your Grace. I would never imagine another one at her place..

She said sincerely, cause she was greatly affectionated to her young lady in waiting
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois

PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:30 am

I dismissed the ladies shyness. Sometimes I found French people to be rather outspoken.

I am used to meeting all sorts of people. It's always the shy ones who have the grandest of secrets.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:26 pm

Isabelle smiled, with a bit of surprise in her glance

Do you think so, Madame? Honestly I think that each of us have secrets. Each of us have a past. Even shy ladies..

She replied with amused, soft voice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summer Party   

Back to top Go down

Summer Party
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next