HomePortalRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Share | 

Secret visit to see Isabelle De Guise.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland

PostSubject: Secret visit to see Isabelle De Guise.   Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:17 pm

Mary did not want a public announcement made, she just wanted to come and see a relative. While James her husband king of Scotland, was busying himself. Mary thought to relieve herself of duties. She was covered in a black satin cloak covering her whole entire body the only thing visible was the whites of her eye's. Mary knew France by the back of her hand she had grown up here and had trusted servants to aide her with her needs. She handed a servant some coins. Please let Lady de Guise know of my arrival and make haste with your legs.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Secret visit to see Isabelle De Guise.   Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:27 pm

Isabelle was told by a servant that the Queen of Scotland was in France. But he acted in a very misterious way. So she supposed that it was not an official visit. She was very curious to see her relative, so she decided to meet her. The servant leaded her along a long corridor. At the end of it, there was a door. Servant opened it and let her come in. When she entered, she saw a black dressed lady. She was silent and she felt her eyes on her. After she heard the door's noise closing behind her, she curtsied deeply, lowering her eyes

Your Majesty..

She whispered. Raising up her glance, she waited for her to talk. She was curious hearing her voice
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Secret visit to see Isabelle De Guise.   Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:30 am

Mary held the lantern up so Isabella could see her face. Their was plenty of news and gossip to tell her. Since her visit to Scotland, the behaviour of James had scared Mary. Did she have a choice to put up with such behaviour? Yes she did as their marriage was an alliance. Mary put down her lantern and embraced Isabella not the normal behaviour of a queen. But Mary could trust Isabella not to tell anyone of Mary's behaviour.
Isabella it is so good to see you again! Words cannot even describe.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Secret visit to see Isabelle De Guise.   Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:49 pm

Isabelle hugged her back warmly. She was not surprised by her behaviour, cause she knew Mary, and she didn't like following the royal protocol in private. But in spite of this, she felt touched and honoured by her embrace and smiled

Your Majesty..I feel very honoured of being in your presence again. I missed you. May I ask you what brings you to France?

She asked, being very curious to know the reason of this secret meeting
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Secret visit to see Isabelle De Guise.   Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:25 pm

Mary smiled Isabella hadn't changed one bit. She kept her voice low as she prepared to talk to her. I am not so used to the ways of the Scottish just yet. I miss my home a bit to much. I know that King Francis is all for this marriage but I just want to stay here for awhile.
Mary didn't have to smile they were married but with the finance of Scotland it would be years until her coronation.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Secret visit to see Isabelle De Guise.   Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:53 pm

Isabelle smiled warmly

Oh Your Majesty..you're very welcome here. King Francis is my close friend..he will be happy having you at court. I was wondering about you in these recent days. How are things in Scotland?

She asked, feeling happy to see Mary after so long time. She looked almost like a beautiful ghost in candel light and she missed her so much
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Secret visit to see Isabelle De Guise.   Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:04 pm

Mary was not used to her own blood calling her by her royal status.
She had just wanted to spend a few days here to unwind. Well Scotland is still very much a Catholic country. James does not agree with this new faith. Instead of planning ahead my coronation his mind is elsewhere.
Mary had wondered if Isabelle had a special man in her life. She would not pry about it.
I am sure the king is very grateful to have you around.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Secret visit to see Isabelle De Guise.   Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:08 pm

Isabelle smiled hearing the news

Your coronation? Oh that's so exciting, my Queen. Hope I'll have the honour to attend to such important event for you..And I'm glad hearing that scotish peope are still Catholic. Protestants are creating troubles around Europe..and King Francis is close to Pope as well..

She blushed a bit as she mentioned him

Yes..The King and I are close friends, dear Mary. I'm also his confident, sometimes..

Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Secret visit to see Isabelle De Guise.   Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:14 pm

Of course you are France is no enemy of Scotland besides you are mu family and family are always welcome to Scotland should you ever need to.
Mary sat down on the dry step placing the lantern between them. She removed her cloak partly as she was becoming to hot underneath it.
Their is never a dull moment here which is probably why I miss it so. I am glad you have a friend in the king. You have always been such a loyal person.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Secret visit to see Isabelle De Guise.   Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:52 pm

Isabelle sat dow after her and she smiled as she finished talking. The lantern's light between them created a magical atmosphere

Indeed, he is an amazing man and I admire him so much. And if Scotland needs a friend in this particular moment, you'll find a true ally in my King. Dear Mary..we're a family, so don't hesitate to ask. I can even arrange a private audience with him, if you agree..

She added whispering, like if someone could hear them
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Secret visit to see Isabelle De Guise.   Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:14 am

Mary shook her head. Perhaps Isabelle did not know about the impending treaty.
Henry Tudor is off no friend to Scotland at least not James. I must under every circumstance keep my visit here a secret. So their can be no meeting with king Francis I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Secret visit to see Isabelle De Guise.   Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:12 am

Isabelle opened her eyes bigger and nodded

Oh..I understand, Your Majesty. I know that Henry Tudor will visit France soon, and he will bring his concubine with him. But you know..King Francis rarely talks about politic with me..

She said smiling kindly. She wished to do something to help her in some way
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Secret visit to see Isabelle De Guise.   Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:20 pm

Mary gave a sharp laugh.
My dear I know all to well what men are like. Kings rarely talk politics with anyone not even ambassadors. Some kings prefer to confide in Cardinals.
Mary smiled up at Isabelle it was thrilling for a queen to be here secretly.
For tonight I think I shall have some supper. But in the morning when the king is holding hall. Could you spare to sneak away for the briefest of moments.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Secret visit to see Isabelle De Guise.   Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:01 am

Isabelle nodded

Oh of course I will, Mary. We could have dinner together, if you like. So we could spend more time together. And tomorrow in the morning..I'll talk with the King. Have servants already prepared a room for you?

She asked smiling and with carying voice
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Secret visit to see Isabelle De Guise.   Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:45 pm

Mary patted Isabelle hand gently. Tomorrow she would unravel a family secret to her. It was one that Mary had kept since she found out.

Your kindness knows no bounds Isabelle. bonne nuit my friend until tomorrow.
Mary stood and kissed both of Isabelle cheeks, before diminishing out her oil lamp making way back to her secret lodgings.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Secret visit to see Isabelle De Guise.   Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:05 am

Isabelle kissed her back smiling kindly

Bonne nuit, Mary..

She curtsed while watching her leaving
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Secret visit to see Isabelle De Guise.   

Back to top Go down

Secret visit to see Isabelle De Guise.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1