The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Letter to Sir Thomas More.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Elena Salvatore
Lady-in-waiting
Elena Salvatore

Letter to Sir Thomas More. Empty
PostSubject: Letter to Sir Thomas More.   Letter to Sir Thomas More. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 5:49 pm

Sir Thomas More,

Her royal highness majesty the queen, requests your company at Kimbolton. Her majesty is in good spirits and continues to pray for her rightful, lawful husband King Henry.

We hope that you would grace us with your presence,

Elena Salvatore.
lady in waiting to Queen Catherine of aragon.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Letter to Sir Thomas More.   Letter to Sir Thomas More. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 12:00 am

Dear Lady Elena,

thank you for letting me know that Her Majesty wishes to see me. It has been very difficult being in touch with her and Princess Mary, recently. Please, let her know that I just resigned from my task as Chancellor, and I'll visit her soon. She is always in my prayers

Sir Thomas More
Back to top Go down
Elena Salvatore
Lady-in-waiting
Elena Salvatore

PostSubject: Re: Letter to Sir Thomas More.   Letter to Sir Thomas More. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 1:39 pm

Sir Thomas,

I hope that this letter reaches you and that I am not bothering you. I know that some titles his grace, the King bestowed upon you, you gave back. I was wondering if you could find out something for me naturally such letters could perhaps go to Cromwell. I am not that over friendly to ask for help from him. This evening we had a visit from Kimbolton Castle from Thomas Howard, 2nd Duke of Norfolk. His visit brought no official seal from the King himself he asked our Queen to cast Henry aside. Her majesty is very unsettled if news reached back to Anne Boleyn or the king himself. I do not think they would be too impressed as it's only going to cause more trouble for the king.

It seems like the battle has just began.

Your friend,

Elena
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Letter to Sir Thomas More.   Letter to Sir Thomas More. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 11:29 pm

Dear Lady Elena,

thank you for the trust you show me. Indeed, I find weird that the Duke of Norfolk came to visit Her Majesty. Neverthless, he must have a very good reason to do that.
If he had no royal seal by the King himself, maybe he just came to ask a personal favour. Of course, this is just my thought about that.
But for the Queen's sake itself, I suggest you to watch over her. She is very delicate in this moment. And anyone could take advantage on that.
I'll start to investigate about the Duke's intentions and I'll let you know. But please, be careful. I'm not allowed to write letters to Her Majesty. So, burn my letters after reading them.
Hope you're in good health, Lady Elena. And I hope the same for our beloved Queen. She is always in my prayers

Sincerely
Sir Thomas More
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letter to Sir Thomas More.   Letter to Sir Thomas More. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Letter to Sir Thomas More.
Page 1 of 1