The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Christmas Party

Go down 
+2
Richard Meyer
Dorothea of Saxe-Lauenbur
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

Christmas Party - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Party   Christmas Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 1:01 am

Francisca de Pacheco wrote:
I hadn't a clue as to whom these people were. I listened intently as he mentioned Queen Joanna daughter. But just put it down to the mere fact that her two cousins were here.
Is queen Katherine allowed any guests. I have sympathy for her I do. But why are people so quick to not see Mary.
Not one to talk about politics in our marriage I did however liked to be kept up to date with the ongoings of court. I looked at him bewildered when he mentioned his cousin.
What happened to her.

Inigo sighed deeply after his wife's questions

The situation is very complicated, mi amore. Queen Katherine is confined at Kimbolton Castle..and she can receive only few people. Isabella is her relative, so she should be allowed to see her. But..this makes things even more cruel, since she can't see her own daughter Mary..

He raised his eyes to ceiling and then he continued to explain

My cousin Aurora has been poisoned. We still don't know who did this..but Aurora has a suspect. She fainted suddenly while I was talking with her in the garden. Thank God lady Inge knew an antidote and saved her life..
Back to top Go down
Isabella of Austria
Princess of Spain
Isabella of Austria

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Party   Christmas Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 5:52 am

Isabella quickly turned to leave the great hall with her ladies in waiting with her. She was not happy at the way Anna snapped at her. And it showed in the way she walked and the way her body moved.
Back to top Go down
Richard Meyer
King of Bavaria
Richard Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Party   Christmas Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 12:23 am

Richard noticed that Isabella left the Hall. He frowned, but at the same time he took Anna's hand and brought her at the centre of dancefloor. They bowed and started to dance as the music started

I'm not a good dancer too..but I like to try. It seems..that someone got angry because of your words..

He said while dancing, looking at Isabella leaving
Back to top Go down
Queen of Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Party   Christmas Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 12:58 am

Anna rolled her eyes she was pretty much growing weary of all the drama. Clearly she over reacted I just corrected her that is all. A mere correction I have seen children behave much better. But I will tell you this trying to make me feel bad about it aint gonna work. I'm very tired and I do not need a lecture I bid you a good day sir. So much for a new year without any drama.
Back to top Go down
Francisca de Pacheco
Housewife
Francisca de Pacheco

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Party   Christmas Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 9:35 am

Inigo Lopez Mendoza wrote:
Francisca de Pacheco wrote:
I hadn't a clue as to whom these people were. I listened intently as he mentioned Queen Joanna daughter. But just put it down to the mere fact that her two cousins were here.
Is queen Katherine allowed any guests. I have sympathy for her I do. But why are people so quick to not see Mary.
Not one to talk about politics in our marriage I did however liked to be kept up to date with the ongoings of court. I looked at him bewildered when he mentioned his cousin.
What happened to her.

Inigo sighed deeply after his wife's questions

The situation is very complicated, mi amore. Queen Katherine is confined at Kimbolton Castle..and she can receive only few people. Isabella is her relative, so she should be allowed to see her. But..this makes things even more cruel, since she can't see her own daughter Mary..

He raised his eyes to ceiling and then he continued to explain

My cousin Aurora has been poisoned. We still don't know who did this..but Aurora has a suspect. She fainted suddenly while I was talking with her in the garden. Thank God lady Inge knew an antidote and saved her life..

I tutted loudly, the fate of a rightful princess now wqits in the hands of her father.
A dangerous game the king plays one visit to see her mother couldn't hurt if well guarded.
Being optimistic couldn't hurt and I only ever voiced these opinions with my husband. At the mention of poison in this very palace stilled my appetite. If Aurora had done wrong than she was only human people made mistakes.
I am sorry to hear this darling. It's always horrible when this sort of thing happens. At least she has you, it's a bit... alarming. What with the Cardinal and Thomas More being poisoned.
It was like an attack on the Catholics. I placed a kiss on his cheek, my fingers tied firmly but gently around his.
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Party   Christmas Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 12:57 am

Inigo smiled after she kissed his cheek. His arm still around her waist

Ambassador Chapuys let me know that King Henry fears that Katherina and Mary could plot against him. That's why he wants to keep mother and daughter parted from each other. And about Aurora..she was lucky. Because she really risked her life. But the poisoning of Thomas More and Cardinal Fisher in England..was a different matter. Nobody knows yet..but surely Boleyns plotted against them. Sometime court can be a dangerous place, my love..

He added with a deep sigh
Back to top Go down
Richard Meyer
King of Bavaria
Richard Meyer

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Party   Christmas Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 11:57 pm

Anna of Brandenburg wrote:
Anna rolled her eyes she was pretty much growing weary of all the drama. Clearly she over reacted I just corrected her that is all. A mere correction I have seen children behave much better. But I will tell you this trying to make me feel bad about it aint gonna work. I'm very tired and I do not need a lecture I bid you a good day sir. So much for a new year without any drama.

Richard simply smiled after her words

I'm not trying to make you feel bad, Anna. I just noticed what just happened. I'm not saying that you did something wrong. I'd be here dancing with you..otherwise?

He said while guiding her footspets on dancefloor
Back to top Go down
Francisca de Pacheco
Housewife
Francisca de Pacheco

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Party   Christmas Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 7:45 pm

Inigo Lopez Mendoza wrote:
Inigo smiled after she kissed his cheek. His arm still around her waist

Ambassador Chapuys let me know that King Henry fears that Katherina and Mary could plot against him. That's why he wants to keep mother and daughter parted from each other. And about Aurora..she was lucky. Because she really risked her life. But the poisoning of Thomas More and Cardinal Fisher in England..was a different matter. Nobody knows yet..but surely Boleyns plotted against them. Sometime court can be a dangerous place, my love..

He added with a deep sigh

I had never felt unsafe at a court before. A mother and daughter could still plot whether parted or together. I had a different notion as to why the king was keeping them apart.
Perhaps my love perhaps. But, I think Henry Tudor is keeping them parted to prove a point to the Boleyn girl. Do we support Katherine and Mary in secret or in public.
Their was no such thing as "Divorces" it was against catholic church. And I wouldn't want to make an enemy with the pope.
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Party   Christmas Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 12:53 am

Inigo sighed and shrugged

King Henry knows that we support Katherine, my love. Since I'm Emperor's Ambassador, we have no other choice. But he seems to respect who has a different opinion about his new marriage. For now, at least. So we have nothing to fear, my beloved Francisca..

He smiled warmly and kissed his wife's cheek
Back to top Go down
Francisca de Pacheco
Housewife
Francisca de Pacheco

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Party   Christmas Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 3:33 pm

I led him over to an abandoned table much more private for us to talk.
I worry for Diego he shouldn't be caught up in all this political nonsense.
Taking his hand I began to rub it smoothly helping to release some of my tension.
Do you have a plan of action when we go to see queen Joanna. We could take her some Bavarian wine with cheese.
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Party   Christmas Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 12:49 am

Inigo sat at the table with his wife and nodded after her words

Absolutely. We'll bring her some useful gift to show her our support. But I don't think we should worry about Diego, my love. His life is not in danger. He may be young..but he is a clever boy. Moreover, Emperor Charles would never harm his own Ambassador's son..

He said smiling and placing his hand on hers
Back to top Go down
Francisca de Pacheco
Housewife
Francisca de Pacheco

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Party   Christmas Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 6:45 pm

If we could give her news about her sister, that nobody else knew, then that might make her happy. A useful gift would be the wisest to give.
Even in a roomful of people it still felt as though we were the only two here.
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Party   Christmas Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 1:14 am

Inigo nodded while pouring her some wine

I agree with you, my love. She needs to receive news about her sister. And anything else can be useful to her. You'll see..I feel this will be a very useful mission. Probably Emperor Charles will unlock her from the nunnery..

He added hopefully, smiling at her. Even if they were talking about politics, he wanted she enjoyed the festivities
Back to top Go down
Francisca de Pacheco
Housewife
Francisca de Pacheco

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Party   Christmas Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 8:36 pm

This is going to be an amazing journey for us both. Can we visit portugal too, I want to be able to give young Beatrice a full report on our return.
I smiled as I watched his eyes twinkle from the candles on our table. I took in the festive ongoings in a reserved manner it was all so different from Spain much more reserved.[/color]
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Party   Christmas Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 12:36 am

Inigo kissed her hand deeply and smiled

Portugal? Yes, we can also visit Queen Catherine, if you wish. And maybe we can spend time for ourselves, far from political matters. You always have lovely ideas, my love..

He looked back into her eyes at candle light
Back to top Go down
Francisca de Pacheco
Housewife
Francisca de Pacheco

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Party   Christmas Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 8:19 pm

Their are many queens, kings and gentry for us to meet when we are away. I would like to go to Portugal for our break. If you think about it mi amore nobody shall be their as they will all be in Spain.
I was rather eager to go so I could spy for Beatrice. I hoped to stay out the way while Inigo did all the politican things.
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Party   Christmas Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2015 11:57 pm

Inigo laughed

I see you thought about everything, mi amore. Then yes, we'll do as you wish. I really need a vacation, actually. Now that Princess Isabella is in Spain, political scenario will be different, I guess..

He said thoughtfully, but still smiling at her. He admired Francisca greatly, cause he knew it was not easy being an Ambassador's wife
Back to top Go down
Francisca de Pacheco
Housewife
Francisca de Pacheco

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Party   Christmas Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 7:24 pm

I glanced at my husband curiously. Wasn't it want people wanted their empress back with her emperor.
How will things change politically, Mi Amore. You shall have to explain as I'm not used to all these politics. Do we have to live back in Spain again is that what you mean?
As much as I adored my hometown their were too many kings,queens and Emperors. It all become rather confusing with a lot of imbreeding with bloodlines.
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Party   Christmas Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 11:41 pm

Inigo took a breath before replying

It is possible, Francisca. Probably my presence will be needed more in Spain rather than here. My cousin Queen Eleanor is there. And since my friend Chapuys is at Queen Katherine's side, maybe Queen Joanna will ask me to stay in our country home..

He took another deep breath, then he shrugged and lowered his voice

Even if..this would be a problem. I promised to Princess Isabella to watch over her son and her sister Beatrice. And I'm a man of honour, mi amore. I would never want not keeping a promise..
Back to top Go down
Francisca de Pacheco
Housewife
Francisca de Pacheco

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Party   Christmas Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 3:56 am

I didn't want to leave lovely Beatrice here. I had grown very fond of the girl and I to wanted to make sure she was ok.
Yes I adore young Beatrice aswell, Mi amore. I would never reveal any of her secrets but I would let you know if she was in trouble.
I ran my hand along his beard holding his chin in my hand.
You are my honourable man we shall find a solution together like we always do.
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Party   Christmas Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 12:03 am

Inigo smiled lovingly as she held his chin caressing his beard. He took her hand and kissed it deeply

Of course..we still don't know where my presence is needed most. But in the meanwhile, let's focus on ourselves, my Francisca. I just want you to relax, you shouldn't be too much involved in political matters. You know, I enjoy treating you like a Queen..

He smiled leaning softly his hand against her cheek
Back to top Go down
Francisca de Pacheco
Housewife
Francisca de Pacheco

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Party   Christmas Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 10:14 pm

I only had a natural liking to politics because where ever Inigo went I went to.
I'm not involved I just want a final place for us to stay awhile. Not all this moving around the place does the king know of our plans.
I asked hoping he wouldn't mind my husband leaving court for awhile.
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Party   Christmas Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 9:51 am

Inigo smiled taking her hand in his

It would be good for us leaving court and stay alone for a whille, my love. I promise it won't be a job journey only. It will be our vacation too. I think we deserve it. Don't you?

He kissed softly her hand looking into her eyes
Back to top Go down
Francisca de Pacheco
Housewife
Francisca de Pacheco

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Party   Christmas Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 9:32 pm

I couldn't think of a much better way to spend the upcoming summer than back in Spain. This would be a very special visit for Inigo as it had been many years since he was home. So much had changed, people were thinking for themselfs and not by what others told them to believe.
I shall make you rest mi amour. It is you who needs to take rest and enjoy being back home in our land. I shall simply enjoying being in your company and the Spanish sun upon me once more.
Back to top Go down
Inigo Lopez Mendoza
Spanish Ambassador
Inigo Lopez Mendoza

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Party   Christmas Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 11:54 pm

Inigo laughed after hearing her talking

As you wish, mi amore. I would stay here listening you for hours, my Francisca. Your voice and your accent always drove me crazy. If you were an Ambassador, I'm sure Kings and Emperors would follow your advices, only because bewetched by your voice..

He laughed again and kissed deeply her hand
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Party   Christmas Party - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christmas Party
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next