HomePortalRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Share | 

Jøyeux Nøel

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France

PostSubject: Jøyeux Nøel   Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Marguerite de Valois on Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France

PostSubject: Re: Jøyeux Nøel   Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:21 pm

I walked with Brigitte into the Christmas festivities. Her words were sweet and I wondered if they were true. "Ah you really say so. I think that you are a very honest lady in waiting and my grandmother is lucky to have you in her service."
Back to top Go down
Brigitte Rousselot
Lady-in-waiting

PostSubject: Re: Jøyeux Nøel   Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:34 pm

Thank you for your kind words but I believe in always being true to myself and the people I serve I reply as we walk together Your Grandmother has been most kind to me and treated me well so to be untruthful to her or any member of her family I would see as being disloyal

I look around at the decorations and smile

All of this Your Highness I gesture with my hand Is something I could have only dreamed of as a child and now it is part of my life I grin I am still trying to get used to it if I am honest

Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Jøyeux Nøel   Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:10 am

Isabelle joined the Christmas Party. As always it was arranged by Princess Marguerite. She was very talented for Parties. She walked along hall wearing a gorgeous orange dress, Francis's gift. She noticed that Marguerite was talking with a young lady. So she just curtsied and smiled

Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France

PostSubject: Re: Jøyeux Nøel   Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:39 am

"Brigitte, you know that you are very safe here at court." I said in a low hum as I removed my mask giving nods here and their. "You won't be asked to leave this palace if that is what you fear. It's just you speak as if you might be sent back to your past life and that shan't happen." Brigitte was not like other lady in waiting. The others were bold, brass and out of line. Brigitte was sweet and timid the endless possibilities off what life she had before here swirled throught out my mind.
Back to top Go down
Brigitte Rousselot
Lady-in-waiting

PostSubject: Re: Jøyeux Nøel   Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:32 pm

I smile and feel so much lighter

You are so very kind, I am aware of many Ladies here who would love to see me back in my place as they feel I do not belong near Royalty

I look around and notice the beautiful Marquess of Rambouillet, she is one of the nice ladies who did not look down on me. I return her smile and bow my head.

I would not wish my past on anyone and your words mean so much
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France

PostSubject: Re: Jøyeux Nøel   Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:34 pm

A shadow of a doubt cast over me. Just who exactly was Lady Brigitte. In my opinion, my dear friend Isabelle had such a discomforting life before marrying. "If you have committed a crime I shall need to know for the safe being off royalty. Know that I do not accuse you of non such things. But the way you regard yourself is of great distress to me."
Back to top Go down
Brigitte Rousselot
Lady-in-waiting

PostSubject: Re: Jøyeux Nøel   Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:55 pm

Oh no your Highness, I have not committed any crime although I believe some that I was close to may have just to survive

I close my eyes briefly and lower my voice to a whisper

I lived in poverty, its was a hand to mouth existence and I never knew when I was going to get a meal. It was tough but it made me who I am. That is why I am grateful for the life I have now and it feels like I am living a wonderful dream
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France

PostSubject: Re: Jøyeux Nøel   Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:04 am

It seemed that most people had this upbringing. Personally I couldn't stand the posh ladies in waiting too stuck up. I opened up my fan to share a joke with Brigitte behind it. "Some ladies think more of the rich foods here as if their was no tomorrow. They really do make pigs out of themselves." I snapped such my fan away nonchantly looking around. The rich food was filling my nose. "I know we could feed the poor with the left over bread. We could go right to the edge of Paris and then you could ride in a carriage with me."
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois

PostSubject: Re: Jøyeux Nøel   Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:04 am

I had missed the company of Henry terribly. It was beginning to become an annoyance how quickly people came and went nowdays. With my hair curl in ringlets, a silver gem hair slide keeping the hairs of my face. I stood under the candlelight dressed in my finest yellow dress watching the merryment go on.
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador

PostSubject: Re: Jøyeux Nøel   Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:13 pm

Louis entered the festivities, dressed in his finest attire. He wore his newly fitted cloth of gold, sage and burgundy doublet-of which over he draped a velvet fur lined cloak-his gold ambassadorial chain on full display.

He fiddled with the ring on his index finger as he entered the hall, winking hellos to a few of his friends in the hall. He collected a glass of wine from a servant and took his place near the fire-surveying the scene and admiring the now fashionable lower neckline of the women's dresses.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle De Guise
Marquis of Rambouillet

PostSubject: Re: Jøyeux Nøel   Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:22 am

Isabelle noticed Diane entering. She was sipping her wine, when she saw a young man entering after her. He was very charming. She smiled at him and turned her eyes elsewhere immediately
Back to top Go down
Brigitte Rousselot
Lady-in-waiting

PostSubject: Re: Jøyeux Nøel   Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:28 am

I lower my head and give a little giggle, the Princess had the measure of everyone in court and it was very true about how some of the rich ladies.

I would like to do that very much, it will mean so much to the people of Paris to know that you care and feel for them I look at the tables full of food It makes all the difference, not just to the stomach but to the heart
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France

PostSubject: Re: Jøyeux Nøel   Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:13 am

I was very happy to see Louis back at court. No doubt he had a lot of stories to tell someday. "Sometimes I often ponder if we (the royals) are doing something wrong. To hear of poverty still going on tis rather bad." I did hope that Brigitte did not come from a public children's home.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois

PostSubject: Re: Jøyeux Nøel   Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:37 am

Louis Castillon wrote:
Louis entered the festivities, dressed in his finest attire. He wore his newly fitted cloth of gold, sage and burgundy doublet-of which over he draped a velvet fur lined cloak-his gold ambassadorial chain on full display.

He fiddled with the ring on his index finger as he entered the hall, winking hellos to a few of his friends in the hall. He collected a glass of wine from a servant and took his place near the fire-surveying the scene and admiring the now fashionable lower neckline of the women's dresses.

Caught by surprise I noticed that Louis was now back from where ever he had journeyed to. I could feel a warm glow rush across my body, as my eyes caught sight of him in a very long time. Before going to say hello I hoisted up my dress covering any showing flesh. I did not want him to think different of me now that he had returned.

Welcome back, old friend. It has been to long where have you been.

I clasped my hands together placing them in front of me. As I smiled broadly at him.
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador

PostSubject: Re: Jøyeux Nøel   Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:10 pm

Louis grinned and took a sip of wine as he saw Diane fumble with her gown; drinking in her appearance. The gentle curve of her hip and warm hue of her skin. As she approached he grinned.

"Mon chere, how have you been? It has been a long time..."
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois

PostSubject: Re: Jøyeux Nøel   Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:49 pm

Louis had a subtle eye, he could look over a woman yet keep it in respectful manner.

To long mon cher. Where have you travelled to Louis.

I let my eyes sparkle at him. Taking in his masculine features noticing how well a beard suited his handsome face.
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador

PostSubject: Re: Jøyeux Nøel   Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:34 pm

"Just England this time, on duty so not too much enjoyment to be had," he chuckled and winked at her.

He took a gulp of wine, finishing his glass, "And you? I trust you have been keeping yourself entertained. I hope you didn't miss me too much, "he teased playfully.
Back to top Go down
Brigitte Rousselot
Lady-in-waiting

PostSubject: Re: Jøyeux Nøel   Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:08 pm

Oh no your Highness I do not believe it is the fault of the Royal Family I blush and swallow hard I think for some people it is a case of just unfortunate times and rough justice at the hands of some Lords or the nobility that look down upon the poor

I glance away and brush a tear from my eye I was lucky to have my Father look out for me, other people were not so lucky I whisper
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France

PostSubject: Re: Jøyeux Nøel   Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:09 am

"Even the nobility can lose their estates and entire fortunes. It happened long ago very long ago." I sighed heavy at the memory. I was just a little girl and it was the first time I ever saw my father furious. "A distant family member had very cruelly and savagely betrayed my father. The only way he could deal with it was to wipe them out completely off the family tree. So even the might can fall into depths of poverty. That is why we should never take things for granted."
Back to top Go down
Brigitte Rousselot
Lady-in-waiting

PostSubject: Re: Jøyeux Nøel   Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:12 pm

I look at her Highness with renewed appreciation, no wonder she was so kind and understanding

I had heard stories of it but did not know how much of it was true I whisper How could anyone betray their family let alone their King!

I look around at the grand surroundings It is very true your Highness we must be thankful for everything we have and not take for granted
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France

PostSubject: Re: Jøyeux Nøel   Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:25 am

"It baffles me too! If their was no one in charge all the kingdoms would dissolve themselves." I slipped in at the end glancing my head around. "Have you ever been to England Brigitte."
Back to top Go down
Brigitte Rousselot
Lady-in-waiting

PostSubject: Re: Jøyeux Nøel   Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:42 pm

England I smile Your Highness I have yet to see all the sights in our own beautiful Country

I let out a little laugh and sip my wine

I have heard stories of England and the King but I doubt he is as marvellous a King or ruler as our own
Back to top Go down
Marguerite de Valois
Princess of France

PostSubject: Re: Jøyeux Nøel   Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:59 am

"Actually he is greater than Henry." I gave her a warning glance. All kings were different you could never have two kings the same. Otherwise, no one would find a difference between kingdoms Versailles was greater and people knew that, that is why they come here. "Versaille is the court off all courts. It's the one where others come to for their fashion and manners. Then they go back to their courts try and be French but fail miserably."
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois

PostSubject: Re: Jøyeux Nøel   Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:15 pm

Louis Castillon wrote:
"Just England this time, on duty so not too much enjoyment to be had," he chuckled and winked at her.

He took a gulp of wine, finishing his glass, "And you? I trust you have been keeping yourself entertained. I hope you didn't miss me too much, "he teased playfully.

Her eyes twinkled as they locked with his. Moving closer Diane quickly let her hand brush over his chest. Trying with the hardest restraints to reach up and kiss his lips.

Come with me to the Menagerie Château. Captain de Laroche has gone away for this winter season.

The menagerie had to be the most secret place to go if you didn't want your secrets known. It had a large pond covered with reeds all the way around to shield lovers embracing. What Diane loved most about the place was the softness of the moss against bodies and the soothing sound of the lake.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jøyeux Nøel   

Back to top Go down

Jøyeux Nøel
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Tudors World :: FRANCE :: Château de Versailles-
Jump to: