The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Nearby Woods

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

Nearby Woods Empty
PostSubject: Nearby Woods   Nearby Woods I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 5:35 pm

Nearby Woods 17222810
Back to top Go down
Juliette Dupont
Lady-in-waiting
Juliette Dupont

Nearby Woods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Woods   Nearby Woods I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 7:14 pm

I take a stroll in the woods all bundled up in a fur coat that Papa had Broughton for me before I left home. Winter was my favorite season of the year because that is when the woods looked beautiful.

Last edited by Juliette Dupont on Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

Nearby Woods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Woods   Nearby Woods I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 10:29 pm

Having completed his duties in England, Louis had set sail home to France. Before leaving, he had sent word to his family; informing them he would return for Christmas-tide, yet there was no way of being sure they received it until he arrived at his manor.

The sail homeward had been choppy, the waters frothing and fizzing-dark and murky. Upon arrival, Louis was met with a land however descended into a quiet hush. Marseille was swallowed by the freshly fallen snow, the people wrapped up indoors-their candlelit homes like flickering fairy lights.

The steady trudge of the carriage was the only noise through the village and then the woods before his manor. He could only laugh at the irony of the weather. He had spent his time in England complaining about the cold and now he wore more furs and sables than he had in England.

He looked out the window and noticed a young woman wandering through the forest. He popped his head out of the window, "Bonjour, mademoiselle! Do you require a ride home?''
Back to top Go down
Juliette Dupont
Lady-in-waiting
Juliette Dupont

Nearby Woods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Woods   Nearby Woods I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 10:59 pm

I suddenly hear a voice and turn around to see a fine looking carriage behind me. The voice belonged to a gentleman who's head is out the window "Non merci. Tis a beautiful day for a stroll in Winter. Besides, it could storm on the morrow" I smile as I notice a beautiful looking horse rummaging in my coat pocket for something to eat "Care to join me, Monsieur?
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

Nearby Woods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Woods   Nearby Woods I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 11:11 pm

Louis smiled and knocked on the roof of the carriage and it churned steadily to a halt. He noticed the fair of her hair, brightness of eyes-his chest felt warm. He shrugged his shoulders and adjusted his cloak, with a grin-he said "How could I refuse?."

He emerged from the carriage and landed on the powdery snow with a 'crunch'.

"Please go ahead," he told the carriage driver, "Je marcherai la maison."
Back to top Go down
Juliette Dupont
Lady-in-waiting
Juliette Dupont

Nearby Woods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Woods   Nearby Woods I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 12:16 am

"You'll be lucky to make such a good decision when the storm hits." I smile as he gets out of the carriage "est-il present?"
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

Nearby Woods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Woods   Nearby Woods I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 12:22 am

He smiled bowed his head,"I'm Louis."

He began to walk beside her and slid his hands into his pockets, "The sea is angry, I should hope it clears soon. I have only just arrived home today."

Back to top Go down
Juliette Dupont
Lady-in-waiting
Juliette Dupont

Nearby Woods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Woods   Nearby Woods I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 12:45 am

"Juliette." I said as I did a little curtsy "May I ask where you traveled to?"
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

Nearby Woods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Woods   Nearby Woods I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 12:47 am

"England. I spent all my time complaining about their cold weather and now I come home to snow!" he chuckled.

"I have not seen you here before..do you live in Marseille or are you home for this Christmas?"
Back to top Go down
Juliette Dupont
Lady-in-waiting
Juliette Dupont

Nearby Woods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Woods   Nearby Woods I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 9:30 pm

"I serve the Queen most of the time" I smile as I catch a snowflake on my tongue "I live around here.In the countryside, in fact. Are you also from around here?"
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

Nearby Woods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Woods   Nearby Woods I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 9:38 pm

He shook his head with a relaxed smile, "Ah then I shall perhaps see you when next I vista court. I was born in Paris, near the palace and grew up there. Although I recently became ambassador," he said with a proud grin,"...and I bought my estate here. It is nice to be near to the sea."
Back to top Go down
Juliette Dupont
Lady-in-waiting
Juliette Dupont

Nearby Woods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Woods   Nearby Woods I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 1:01 am

"What is England like?" I turn to him as the curiosity grows inside me "My Papa told me many things when I was a girl."
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

Nearby Woods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Woods   Nearby Woods I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 11:36 am

He chuckled, "Cold! But very beautiful. Such vast stretches of land, babbling brooks and wild horses roaming free. As for the court-it is a magnificent place."
Back to top Go down
Juliette Dupont
Lady-in-waiting
Juliette Dupont

Nearby Woods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Woods   Nearby Woods I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 6:29 pm

"England does sound beautiful." The image of wild stallions roaming free bring a wide smile to my face "I often dream of going to England."
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

Nearby Woods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Woods   Nearby Woods I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 6:36 pm

Louis nodded with a slight smile, "You should. They do love the French in England-especially filles jolies françaises."
Back to top Go down
Juliette Dupont
Lady-in-waiting
Juliette Dupont

Nearby Woods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Woods   Nearby Woods I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 7:00 pm

I tuck a stray strand of hair behind my ear as I try not to blush "Have you met the King of England? Queen Claude has told us ladies that he has divorced a Spanish Queen and he has eyes set on a Lady named Anne."
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

Nearby Woods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Woods   Nearby Woods I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 8:08 pm

"Yes indeed, I met with him when I was in England. A rather...ostentatious prince, although; to have his wealth-so should I be. He and his lady shall be coming to France soon, perhaps you'll meet Anne Boleyn. Some say she is more French than English," Louis said and crunched through the snow, regarding the bare trees around.
Back to top Go down
Juliette Dupont
Lady-in-waiting
Juliette Dupont

Nearby Woods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Woods   Nearby Woods I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 3:12 pm

"I can't wait to meet them both. " The snow starts to fall lightly from the sky as I put the hood up from my fur coat "I hear that Lady Anne was a Maid of honor to the Queen for some years."
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

Nearby Woods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Woods   Nearby Woods I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 3:35 pm

Louis nodded with a slight chuckle and wrapped his cloak tighter around his person, running his hand through the dark tendrils of his hair.

"Oui, I believe so, mademoiselle. It has been said that she grew friendly with the Princess Marguerite."

As they walked on he noticed the rooftops of his home on the horizon, mon sanctuarire. He pointed ahead, inclining to Juliette, "That's my home there. You are welcome to take rest from the elements if you so desire."
Back to top Go down
Juliette Dupont
Lady-in-waiting
Juliette Dupont

Nearby Woods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Woods   Nearby Woods I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 7:34 pm

I could see the rooftop of his manor "I suppose I could stay for a moment." I could feel the bumps appear on my skin as the air started to get a little colder
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

Nearby Woods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Woods   Nearby Woods I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 8:01 pm

Louis nodded, his hand resting near the small of her back as he guided her down a little path to his home. He grinned like a small child, "Ma maison," he said proudly.

"I'm sure the fire will be burning already," he said as they approached the main entrance.
Back to top Go down
Isabella Belmonte
Baroness Grey of Powys
Isabella Belmonte

Nearby Woods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Woods   Nearby Woods I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 2:17 am

Catherine on her horse with her ladies and one guard riding threw some woods. Catherine looked around at all the trees and flowers.
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

Nearby Woods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Woods   Nearby Woods I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 2:21 am

Louis ventured out for a ride after rising early. The morning was bright, the ground clean with frost. He had covered his horse in a blue velvet coat, beneath the supple leather saddle. The dark beast neighed with delight at the prospect of going for a ride.

Starting slowly at first, Louis rode steadily from home until he reached the vast expanse of the woods. He nearly bade his horse ride on until he saw a fellow rider on horse back. Je espère qu'ils ne chassent pas sur ma terre.

He trot forward and then noticed the rider was a lady of the most delicate features and warm countenance, "Bonjour, mademoiselle."
Back to top Go down
Isabella Belmonte
Baroness Grey of Powys
Isabella Belmonte

Nearby Woods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Woods   Nearby Woods I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 2:30 am

Her guard dismounted and stood in front of Catherine. Catherine smiled at the seen. "Bonjour Monsieur je suis Catherine Vasa."She said to the man on the horse as her guard just stood there with a Swedish outfit on.
Back to top Go down
Louis Castillon
French Ambassador
Louis Castillon

Nearby Woods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Woods   Nearby Woods I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 2:39 am

Louis rode around her personal guard inspecting the man of average stature and passing a cursory glance to the other lady.

He eventually dismounted his horse and smiled, brushing down his jerkin he noticed the unusual tone in her accent, "A true pleasure. Louis Castillon."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nearby Woods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nearby Woods   Nearby Woods I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nearby Woods
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next