The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Palace Staircase

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Juana of Aragon
Queen of Naples and Jerusalem
Juana of Aragon

Palace Staircase Empty
PostSubject: Palace Staircase   Palace Staircase I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 12:54 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Louise of Burgundy
Duchess of Burgundy
Louise of Burgundy

Palace Staircase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palace Staircase   Palace Staircase I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 4:30 pm

Louise was running and playing around through the palace walls giggling as her nanny was chasing after her "Louisa, come child I am too old to chase you around" The nanny spoken and Louisa hiding she giggles and smiled "but nanny, if you cannot run you cannot soar with the birds which fly so often" Louise smiled peeking around the corner of the staircase as her nanny gasped for air but simply smiled, when her nanny was called for her duties the Duchess of Burgundy Louise walked down the stairs, her dress dragging below her feet and her hair was in those long dark curls while her eyes a brown color, she looked much like her father the Archduke but she had the beauty of her mother, Rosalina di Calabria of Aragon of the houses of Borgia and Trastamara, Louise was born a twin to her older brother Henry, walking down the stairs coming to the cherub statue beside her she seen a man as she was passing by "Oh hello" Louise spoken to him, her hand upon the statue while she stood there

Looking at the man, she spoke fluent with a accent of Burgundy, looking at him she bows her head in respect to him.
Back to top Go down
John III of Portugal
King of Portugal
John III of Portugal

Palace Staircase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palace Staircase   Palace Staircase I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 5:39 am

King John III of Portugal had planned to make an unannounced visit to the Palace of Calibria where his father in law resided with his new wife Princess Rosalina of Aragon. King John had married Philip the Handsome's  youngest daughter Catherine of Austria. He had business in the country and wished to visit and arrived at the Palace and met with a servant who was going to announce him.

King John walked ahead of the servant and could hear screams of laughter and a young girl shouting out with her nanny running after her trying to control her without any luck. The young girl ran down the stairs and almost bumped in to the King but instead stopped and  bowed to him instead.
King John crouched down and said, 'Hello sweet young girl and who might you be young Princess I would guess,' John noticed the brown eyes and long silky brown locks of her hair and knew she was Philip's child, she was so like him in every way. The young girl curtsied and said her name was Louise, Duchess of Burgundy, 'at your service Sir,' in a heavy Burgundy accent.  
John replied 'Then you must be Niece in a way and I am your Uncle John and I live in Portugal and I am pleased to meet you young Duchess,'
King John was a kindly man with a smile on his face and a twinkle in his eye and had time for anyone, He beamed a great smile and said, 'Why don't you and I go and find your Mommy or Daddy as I have come to visit you all and I would love to hear all about you little Duchess,'
Back to top Go down
Louise of Burgundy
Duchess of Burgundy
Louise of Burgundy

Palace Staircase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palace Staircase   Palace Staircase I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 11:58 pm

Louise knew nothing of this man's arrival to be coming, it was quite a surprise to her to be seeing the King of Portugul and she looked at him, she hadn't known her elder sister Catherine of Austria as she was kept away from Spain so often and she stood silent and nodded shyly but she did of course speak "Yes your majesty, But I do not know my sister as I hear she is now your wife" Louise admitted to him

"You must forgive me, I didn't know my sister all that well, I haven't spent time around Spain or Portugul often at all or met my elder siblings" Louise told him truthfully but when he asked of her parents she stood and nodded "Yes your majesty" Louise spoken and she walked ahead of him obediently, leading him to were her parents would be and entered "Mother, Papa, the King of Portugal wished to see you" Louise stood there then went to her parents side and took a seat.
Back to top Go down
Philip De Burgundy
Archduke of Austria and Burgundy
Philip De Burgundy

Palace Staircase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palace Staircase   Palace Staircase I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 12:39 am

Philip, Duke of Burgundy and Princess Rosalina had been conducting some Palace business all day, working together. The nanny had been left to look after little Louise but had occasionally heard laughter and screams from that direction and they just smiled to each other as they knew what a independent little girl she could be.
The door of their chambers suddenly was pushed open with a servant looking a bit flush as he announced that they have a guest, as Louise pushed her way passed and jumped on her fathers lap and rested her head against his chest as Philip and Rosalina assumed the guest was their own daughter. 'His Majesty The King of Portugal Your Highnesses,' At this moment King John entered their chambers as Louise smiled to him and turned to her parents, 'This is my Uncle,' she announced to her mother and father.
The grand looking King John of Portugal walked in and bowed to them, he was wearing a white and black military style uniform as he looked Philip in the eye and bowed once more as John was his son in law. Philip stood in amazement, and nodded back to him, 'Your Majesty, your more than welcome hear, this is a surprise, how is my daughter?' Philip asked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Palace Staircase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palace Staircase   Palace Staircase I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Palace Staircase
Page 1 of 1