The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Harem's Courtyard

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sultan Suleyman
King of Ottoman Empire
Sultan Suleyman

Harem's Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 7:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sadika Hatun
Concubine
Sadika Hatun

Harem's Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 6:42 pm

I go outside to get some fresh air , wandering if am allowed to walk through the gardens, so I can smell the fresh spring blooms...
Back to top Go down
Efsun Hatun
Concubine
Efsun Hatun

Harem's Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 11:56 pm

I take a walk through the courtyard and cannot help think of Sultan...maybe he will call for me again?
Back to top Go down
Isabella Fortuna
Princess of Castille
Isabella Fortuna

Harem's Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 12:19 am

She walked through the courtyard, seeing the flowers in bloom: a rainbow of reds, purples, blues, whites and bright pinks among the greenery. The air was thick with their mingled fragrances, which delighted Isabella's nose. She found a bench under a shady tree and sat, relaxing in the summer day.
Back to top Go down
Hatice Sultan
Princess of Ottoman Empire
Hatice Sultan

Harem's Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 5:16 pm

After speaking with my brother i decided to go for a little walk when i noticed a woman i did not recognize i went over to see who she was.

Are you a lady of the harem?

If she was then why was she without the others
Back to top Go down
Isabella Fortuna
Princess of Castille
Isabella Fortuna

Harem's Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 4:24 am

She looked up when she heard a voice, and saw a woman she vaguely recognized but could not put a name to. "Good evening. Yes, I am of the sultan's harem." She wondered why she asked but did not venture to question.
Back to top Go down
Hatice Sultan
Hatice Sultan

Harem's Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 10:49 pm

I eyed her up then took in her accent.

But you have an advantage over the other ladies in the Harem as you are the princess my brother took captive! You do look very happy here for someone who is captive. Do you love my brother? He is very protective man i would hate to be in your situation a born princess in your own right captured and held here to make turkey safe for us..

I sighed taking in the smell of the pollen and moved in the shade so as no one who know whom she was talking with.
Back to top Go down
Isabella Fortuna
Princess of Castille
Isabella Fortuna

Harem's Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 6:12 am

Isabella shook her head, smiling a little. "It is not as clear-cut as you think. Yes, I am a captive here, and yes I was very afraid of the sultan when I was brought here. I even hated him at one point. But there is a thin line between love and hate, and soon I fell into such passion with him. I think he had meant for me to go into the harem, the whole time."
Back to top Go down
Hatice Sultan
Hatice Sultan

Harem's Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 6:48 pm

I giggled a little.

No isabella he wouldn't like you to mix with the other ladies of the Harem. You are his captive though and because you are royalty you will be allowed your servant but you won't be placed in with the other ladies. May i ask you of you're home only if it doesn't cause you any discomfort of course

I closed my eyes taking in the sun on my face.
Back to top Go down
Isabella Fortuna
Princess of Castille
Isabella Fortuna

Harem's Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 7:09 pm

Isabella smiled, already taking a liking to this lady. "I am from Spain, if you didn't already know. It is a beautiful country, with very ancient roots. The sun is hot upon the earth, as it is here. Flowers bloom like jewels on the vines, and fruits of all tastes, sour and sweet, grow along with the flowers. Oranges, apples, blackberries, peaches... and there are still traces of Muslim influence.. vendors sell spices, dates and nuts in the market. The buildings are grand, with courtyards hiding lovely fountains, and colored mosaic tiles adorn the walkways. On the coast the smell of the ocean hangs in the air, the smell of salt and sand. And the people of Spain have a very strong faith in God." She smiled, missing her home.
Back to top Go down
Hatice Sultan
Hatice Sultan

Harem's Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 7:23 pm

It sounds so familiar to here except we have servants that go to the markets for us I am not allowed also we are Islic. Their is a little ritual that happens in the harem when they arrive you get given a different name an islamic name so that they become turkish. Have you been given a new name yet i would like to pick one for you based on ypur personality

I smiled reasuringly surprised at how easy to talk to the princess was.
Back to top Go down
Isabella Fortuna
Princess of Castille
Isabella Fortuna

Harem's Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 4:30 am

"Because it is so similar, perhaps that is why I've become accustomed in my time here." She shook her head, smiling a little at Hatice's question. "No, I haven't been given a Turkish name yet. I would be delighted for you to choose one for me. I'm interested in what you have in mind." Isabella smiled.
Back to top Go down
Hatice Sultan
Hatice Sultan

Harem's Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 8:14 pm

I ran my fingers through the ends of my gown.

Hmm well i could call you Ysabel which is the old spanish version of you're name but that is not very turkish although the spelling is different and unsual! No it has to be something that represents you

After much think i decide on several names that represent flowers

How about Nesrin it means wild rose in turkish
Back to top Go down
Isabella Fortuna
Princess of Castille
Isabella Fortuna

Harem's Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 9:30 pm

"Nesrin.." she let the name roll off her tongue. She smiled to Hatice. "I like it! In Spanish you say 'Rosa salvaje'." She then realized she missed speaking her native tongue. "What else do you know about the girls in the harem?"
Back to top Go down
Hatice Sultan
Hatice Sultan

Harem's Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 1:52 pm

I listened to her speaking her native tongue.

i do not know much about the other ladies here! They are all slaves brought for my brother their was one that entered are palace screaming like a wolf why?
Back to top Go down
Isabella Fortuna
Princess of Castille
Isabella Fortuna

Harem's Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 5:09 am

Despite herself, Isabella laughed. "Howling like a wolf, you say? I wonder if that disrupted the sultan's quiet, or perhaps made him curious about her. Anyway, I ask simply because I am curious." She liked to think she was the favorite of all the other girls.
Back to top Go down
Hatice Sultan
Hatice Sultan

Harem's Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 4:59 pm

I wondered why she wanted to know if she was my brother's favourite.

My mother the valide caught her with her commotion and when my brother had choosen her to spend the night with him my mother stopped her from going to his chamber's! She flavours only his wife as for my brother's option I simply do not know but, you will know whom his favorite is when she prances around in the finest clothes and when he gives her an Islamic name.

I told her in a very nice way.
Back to top Go down
Isabella Fortuna
Princess of Castille
Isabella Fortuna

Harem's Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 3:03 pm

Isabella pondered this. She had been given neither, but perhaps he would in the future. "I just think, since I am a princess I should take precedence." She lifted her head with pride.
Back to top Go down
Hatice Sultan
Hatice Sultan

Harem's Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 6:00 pm

Have you been given your own lady in waiting? May I ask you a favour? I know it is rude to ask since you're the one held captive. My brothers wife is expecting their second child, and I have seen harem ladies go crazy to get to my brother you know like blaming they are witch craft against them, my point is I don't want my brothers wife to loose her child and I trust that you will make yourself seen and not heard.

I thought for a second I had just given her alot of ammunition to work with I clicked my fingers and asked for some sherbet.

I could keep dropping your name as hints towards my brother he might come and visit you more. Have you ever had our sherbet drinks here
Back to top Go down
Isabella Fortuna
Princess of Castille
Isabella Fortuna

Harem's Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 1:22 am

"No, actually I have not been given a lady in waiting," she replied, realizing it for the first time. "I do miss my Spanish ladies, especially Magdalena." She smiled thinking of her old friend. She listened carefully to Hatice's words and nodded. "You may trust that you shall not hear of my creating such dramatics. I am not the type to go after the other women ready to accuse and blame them of evil things. I am above that." She beamed at the thought of being with the sultan again. "I would love that. And I haven't tried the sherbet drinks, but they sound delightful."
Back to top Go down
Hatice Sultan
Hatice Sultan

Harem's Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 9:09 pm

I was taking a big risk in trusting her but she was sensible and seemed to know what the rules are around here.

You do understand that my brother has a wife already? But I think that it's better to keep him interested in you than a foul mouthed slave. I will see to it that you can have your own lodgings away from court and you're lady in waiting restored to you and I have a very strong bond with my brother I love him very much. Let's go and have an afternoon delight tell me did my brother know you were a nobel princess when he seized you
Back to top Go down
Isabella Fortuna
Princess of Castille
Isabella Fortuna

Harem's Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 11:36 pm

"I am aware he has a wife, and I do not seek to replace her. Far from it. Oh, if you could help me to get my own lodgings and get my lady in waiting back, I'd be so grateful." Isabella followed Hatice. "Yes, your brother knew I was an important princess. He captured me to negotiate with Spain, or so he told me."
Back to top Go down
Hatice Sultan
Hatice Sultan

Harem's Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 2:27 am

I let out a sigh of relief

That is a great relief to hear of what you speak it goes beyond me why people and by that i mean harem ladies always want rid of my sister-in-law she does have a temper of ice but she has givenn us an heir. Oh and mustafa is the most adorable of children. Putting you in your own lodgings shall be easy who knows we might even find the lady who traveled with you. Do they have what the english say thicker skin is it?

I stopped waiting for a servant to come and tell me are room was ready to dine in whilst smiling to isabella to make her feel welcome.
Back to top Go down
Isabella Fortuna
Princess of Castille
Isabella Fortuna

Harem's Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 9:02 pm

"I think I am no threat to your sister in law, nor do I wish to be. Perhaps I may talk the harem ladies into being more obedient. They are losing the sense of right and wrong." She looked gratefully at her. "I would love to have my dear Magda back with me, if she is even still alive." Isabella shuddered. "But what do you mean by thicker skin?" She asked, confused by the saying.
Back to top Go down
Hatice Sultan
Hatice Sultan

Harem's Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 12:02 pm

I looked at her in exasperation

You must not we have nigar kalfa as the second chief of maid she is highly respected
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Harem's Courtyard Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harem's Courtyard
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next