The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Harem's Courtyard

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Isabella Fortuna
Princess of Castille
Isabella Fortuna

Harem's Courtyard - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 4:55 am

"She must not be doing well enough of a job if the ladies are so unruly," she replied as she popped a date in her mouth.
Back to top Go down
Hatice Sultan
Princess of Ottoman Empire
Hatice Sultan

PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 3:40 am

My eyes widened even more

My brother looks upon nigar as family you have to remember that these were girls taken from well who knows where and if they are wise enough they shall go far here. They have leasons in Turkish, change of religious views everything is changed for them they will never leave this palace ever you are lucky in two ways that you might get to go home and that my brother's wife has not killed you and dropped you into the sea
Back to top Go down
Isabella Fortuna
Princess of Castille
Isabella Fortuna

PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 9:07 pm

Isabella's features darkened at the threat of her own death. "If she were to do that...let's just say your brother would have a war on his hands!!"
Back to top Go down
Hatice Sultan
Hatice Sultan

PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:39 am

My brother is always at war and he likes to set an example but I have certain questions that run constantly through my mind since I have come across youi
Back to top Go down
Isabella Fortuna
Princess of Castille
Isabella Fortuna

PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 1:54 am

"Go ahead and ask, but I can only answer what I know, which is indeed very little." Isabella took a deep drink of wine, much sweeter than Spanish wine she was used to.
Back to top Go down
Hatice Sultan
Hatice Sultan

PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 3:55 pm

Do you believe in kismet! I asked her frankly as I saw her distaste in our wine even though as Muslims we don't drink it I stuck too my sherbet drink'
Back to top Go down
Isabella Fortuna
Princess of Castille
Isabella Fortuna

PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 10:55 pm

"Yes, where I'm from we call it 'destino'. What are you trying to say?" She reached for a fig, biting into its fruity, willing flesh.
Back to top Go down
Hatice Sultan
Hatice Sultan

PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 10:15 am

Maybe you are here to be my friend and to distract my brother for myself I smiled encouraging
Back to top Go down
Isabella Fortuna
Princess of Castille
Isabella Fortuna

PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 6:46 pm

"Yes, of course we shall be friends. But why should I need to distract your brother?" She had thought herself simply a pawn in a much larger game than she knew.
Back to top Go down
Hatice Sultan
Hatice Sultan

PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 7:59 am

I thought for a moment My affections of love have fallen for someone but I won't use you as a pawn! I sometimes wonder if my brother knows of true love. Of course I have an extremely close bond with him but the heart cannot help the love it has for someone or is it a matter of mind must we force our mind not to love
Back to top Go down
Isabella Fortuna
Princess of Castille
Isabella Fortuna

PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 1:55 am

"If what you feel, you cannot turn off, then that must be love. Although I would advise not being too risky in love. Only lose what you can afford to lose." She felt honored to give such advice.  She had no sisters who she could have to confide in her. "So, will you tell me the gentleman's name?"
Back to top Go down
Hatice Sultan
Hatice Sultan

PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 2:39 am

I needed someone who was not my family to understand my feelings

Yes he is my brother's right hand man,best friend and confidant Ibrahim Pascal! It seems weird to my brother I think because he is like a brother to us but I have fallen in love with him and I know that my love for him is true when my brother first became king he had ladies dance for him and when he came to see us in our mother's chamber he said "Ibrahim you shall join me in the dance hall it is about time you found love" I admit that everything went silent to me when my brother said that
Back to top Go down
Isabella Fortuna
Princess of Castille
Isabella Fortuna

PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 6:04 pm

"So does your brother know of your love for this Ibrahim? I do not think it would be an impossible task to marry you two lovebirds. Your brother can do whatever he wishes." Isabella tried to instill some hope in Hatice.
Back to top Go down
Hatice Sultan
Hatice Sultan

PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 3:10 pm

I cleared my throat I felt bad that I had to sneak around and keep such things a secret from my brother.

I feel as though I have betrayed my brothers trust for all time now. We are both extremely close my brother is now king and we must live in his court the way he wants it.
Back to top Go down
Isabella Fortuna
Princess of Castille
Isabella Fortuna

PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 9:13 pm

"But you cannot be beholden to him forever. Of course you are brother and sister, but you are also your own person with your own loves, your own interests, your own needs. Surely he must see that."
Back to top Go down
Hatice Sultan
Hatice Sultan

PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:54 am

I know he wants my happiness but this is a man worlds I thought he would be happy I am marrying someone whom he can control does that make sense
Back to top Go down
Isabella Fortuna
Princess of Castille
Isabella Fortuna

PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 3:48 am

She patted her hand. "Of course it makes sense. Perhaps, if you tell him everything that you've told me, he will understand. Surely he cannot refuse you in this."
Back to top Go down
Hatice Sultan
Hatice Sultan

PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 1:42 pm

I smiled for her kind words

you have spent much time with my Ibrahim! Have you ever had an arranged marriage made for you
Back to top Go down
Isabella Fortuna
Princess of Castille
Isabella Fortuna

PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 9:43 pm

Her smile disappeared as she thought of her home, her past. "I know my brother the emperor was in the middle of making arrangements for me to marry into the Portuguese line of succession. And then I was...I was brought here," she said lamely.
Back to top Go down
Hatice Sultan
Hatice Sultan

PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 10:27 pm

Oh I see well who knows maybe those plans will still stand if your brother can bargain your release

How odd their was only one princess in Portugal I wondered if she was to marry Isabella of Portugal brother

Have you ever been to portugal
Back to top Go down
Isabella Fortuna
Princess of Castille
Isabella Fortuna

PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 6:53 am

"I feel I've given up all hope of returning. And even if I do, my brother will see me as a fallen woman. I cannot hide from him what I have been doing since I was brought here. And even if I wanted to keep it secret, it would be made known to him somehow." She sighed dreamily as she thought of the past. "I was there a few times when I was growing up, my father wanted to be on good terms with Portugal and so we would spend summers there. The weather was not as hot as in Spain."
Back to top Go down
Sadika Hatun
Concubine
Sadika Hatun

PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 10:10 pm

This is it. I came In. This so famous Harem , known for being the garden of feminity .. The atmosphere is so strained and in the same time, very suave. The piece is filled with a smell , like a warmth. I can see women sited, talking so slowly. It's like if they are living quietly... Through the warmth I can perceive theirs dresses which barely cover theirs golden bodies... Purple, Pink, Yellow, all theses colors create a  rainbow of colors which elate each of his visitors and make the reputation of the Harem.
Deep in thought, I almost forget that I'm not there for appreciate the beauty of the country. I have a mission. I must approach the Sultan... For this, I can't stay alone, I have to make acquaintance with others ladies, maybe some of his old mistresses who could teach me some tricks... But I dare not accost someone... These women glaze at me with suspicious eyes... I have to be careful... I will sit there and wait that someone dares accost me..

I sit and serve me a cup of warm mint tea.
Back to top Go down
Efsun Hatun
Concubine
Efsun Hatun

PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 6:31 pm

Nora was now reaching the end of her pregnancy she had spent most of it inside closely guarded. But today she was allowed out for awhile to soak up the Turkish sun. Loosely she wore her pale lilac gown letting the breeze make it float. Day by day Nora was loosing even more and more respect for Sultan Suleyman not once had he been to she her she could not wait to be rid of this child and somehow earn her freedom from here. Noticing a strange lady sitting on her own Nora approached her she had a dark spirit about her you could just sense it like it was a black cloud over her head.
Mind if I join you Victoria. It has been awhile since I have seen you around here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harem's Courtyard   Harem's Courtyard - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harem's Courtyard
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2