The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Anthony Denny's Bedchamber

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Anthony Denny
Gentleman of the Privy Chamber
Anthony Denny

Anthony Denny's Bedchamber - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony Denny's Bedchamber   Anthony Denny's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 9:58 pm

Anthony heard a creak at the doorway as he blew upon the burning embers - kindling the flame. He assumed it was his supper for the evening, "If you leave it by the door please, there should be a gold coin or two for you," he mumbled absent mindedly as he added wood with care to the fire.
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Denny's Bedchamber   Anthony Denny's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 10:06 pm

Tilting her head to the side Joan frowned wondering what he could mean. Her engagement ring was hidden in a dress on a piece of silk tied around her neck. I would leave you my heart but you think I don't have one. She looked around the room while Anthony handled the fire as if it was a prize object.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Denny's Bedchamber   Anthony Denny's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 10:14 pm

Anthony jolted as he heard her voice, subsequently singeing his fingers in the fire. He stood so abruptly that he banged his head clumsily upon the mantle. He brushed down his shirt - glancing furtively around the room, "I thought...I didn't think it was you."

He was flustered and he didn't like it. He was caught off his guard - expecting an evening of solitary wallowing and excessive drinking. To see Joan at his door was a complete shock. He lost all grasp of speech and was quiet - quite lost for words for a change.
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Denny's Bedchamber   Anthony Denny's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 10:25 pm

Joan winced as he hurt himself not once but twice! She went over to him gently taking his singed fingers in her hand. I'm not a nurse but they don't look to badly burnt. Joan kissed the tips of his fingers; cupping them in her hand. You can't think that I have stopped loving you for a single second because I haven't.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Denny's Bedchamber   Anthony Denny's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 10:30 pm

He released his hand from hers and glanced to his pink fingertips, "My sister is. She shall tend them if need be."

He moved to his side board and poured himself a cup of ale. As he took a hearty sip he added, "You took your ring off your finger, you left. Yet...you claim to love?"
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Denny's Bedchamber   Anthony Denny's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 10:38 pm

Are you going to hold this against me everytime I make communication with you. She knocked the cup of ale out of his hand; letting it fall to the floor.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Denny's Bedchamber   Anthony Denny's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 10:41 pm

He groaned exasperatedly and sat down by the fire, taking the pitcher of ale with him, "An apology would suffice to erase it from my memory."

He took a sip and glanced up to her, his bright eyes somehow fragile, "I have never told a girl what I told you at Chavenage - I have never confessed such feelings and you treated them so...so callously."
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Denny's Bedchamber   Anthony Denny's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 12:20 pm

Joan went over to him; her hands cupped on either side of his face. I never meant to hurt you Anthony. His pale blue eyes look back into hers and she can feel them pierce her soul. Like the tip of a spear breaking skin; so it breaks Joan to see him appear weak and unguarded. If I have to spend my years alone; I shall be the happiest of woman knowing that I; and only I ever received your love.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Denny's Bedchamber   Anthony Denny's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 12:48 pm

He sighed and looked anywhere but her eyes, instead focusing on the burning flames. He felt weak. He felt vulnerable after revealing himself, he had never - except once - admitted such affections.

"Then we should still marry," he mumbled.
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Denny's Bedchamber   Anthony Denny's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 1:29 pm

It hurt Joan to see him so cold and withdrawn from her. It felt as though she had been cut; the wound bared open with continuous salt being poured on them. She didn't want to enter this marriage knowing he would hold this mistake against her. They would both end up hating each other with miserables lifes. If you can honestly forgive me then I will marry you. If you are only marrying me out of duty then I can't; I can't do that to us both.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Denny's Bedchamber   Anthony Denny's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 1:37 pm

He finally glanced up, "I don't know what caused your change of heart nor why you behaved so uncharacteristically."

He sighed and continued, "And whether we like it or not...our families have consented to this marriage. It would have always been duty, Joan."

He looked at her properly now, his hand touched her cheek - tracing down to her neck, "But...I still - fool that I am - love you."
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Denny's Bedchamber   Anthony Denny's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 1:55 pm

For the most part of her life Joan had thought that tears were used as some form of manipulation towards men. Maybe she was heartless after all as she kept her tears at bay. So you offer me the love of a fool? I was contemplating going to a nunnery so you wouldn't possibly be burdened of the idea of marriage to me.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Denny's Bedchamber   Anthony Denny's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 2:09 pm

He immediately stood up and stood by the fire.

"Joan, I love you - against all sense. Against all sense because you were so capable of discarding me. I trust one day I may come to regret it but now my heart is much bound to yours. I will marry you because it is my heart's inclination and desire. If that is nothing to you then I shall do no more to convince you. "
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Denny's Bedchamber   Anthony Denny's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 2:26 pm

My lord you have me in a state of confusion. You wish to marry me although you say one day you might regret it. Joan turned her back her eyes felt heavy with the tears that eagerly wanted to fall. You make me feel rather unworthy of your love; what time do you wish for us to marry. Her hair caught the fall of her tears; maybe in time they could forget this situation had ever even happened. But this was Anthony and he liked people to know his feelings. If you loved him then the world was his; if you didn't love him then their was simply no place for you in his life.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Denny's Bedchamber   Anthony Denny's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 6:27 pm

He crossed his arms over his chest as he stood by the fire-place, sighing as he noticed her weep. He was genuinely confused. He had never intentionally done her ill yet now he felt as if he walked on egg-shells around her, "I cannot do right for doing wrong. Nothing I say will suffice."

"We can go now...if you wish...get it done."
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Denny's Bedchamber   Anthony Denny's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 6:36 pm

Joan didn't know who Anthony was to her anymore the distant behaviour was like shards of ice through her heart. She felt dead inside; as if all the happiness she once had was ripped away. She had tried and tried to tell him why she did what she did but he just thought her to be of sound mind. Never again; never would she share her fears with Anthony again never! From this moment on she would defend for herself; do her duty and be a loyal wife; but her feelings would remain hidden. I am ready lead the way please.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Denny's Bedchamber   Anthony Denny's Bedchamber - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anthony Denny's Bedchamber
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4