The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Anthony's Study

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anthony Denny
Gentleman of the Privy Chamber
Anthony Denny

Anthony's Study Empty
PostSubject: Anthony's Study   Anthony's Study I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 8:33 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Anthony's Study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony's Study   Anthony's Study I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 9:57 pm

Anthony unlatched the heavy door to his study, in accordance with his request, no servant had been in the room. Everything was as he had left it, books piled high on tables and left open on specific pages. Letters and ducats on his desk, the curtains drawn back to let in the final rays of sun and the hearth cold. Anthony sighed tiredly and shrugged out of his coat, folding it over the back of his chair and rolling up the sleeves of his crisp white shirt.

As he kneeled to light the fire, the kitchen maid knocked the door and entered the room - a tray of warm food and a cup of ale. At home, Anthony's habits were entirely predictable and he smiled at her good service.

"Thank you, "he mumbled as he nurtured the growing flames until the hearth was ablaze.

"If the mistress Joan needs anything," he added and sat to eat, combing his hand through his hair, "Please do see she has it."

The young kitchen maid nodded obliging and left the room. Anthony took a hearty sip of ale and reclined on his chair.
Back to top Go down
Abigail Denny
Nurse
Abigail Denny

Anthony's Study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony's Study   Anthony's Study I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 11:30 pm

I had not seen my brother Anthony in a few weeks. I had been busy learning medicine and regularly forgot to check in with my siblings. When our grounds keeper told me he was back I decided to come and see myself. I gently knocked on the door/

Anthony are you here.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Anthony's Study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony's Study   Anthony's Study I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 11:36 pm

After finishing his food and ale, Anthony drifted into a light sleep but he jumped with a start upon hearing his door being chapped, not expecting anyone. He stood up and tilted his head, then he saw her. He grinned, happy and joyful as he rushed over to her - spinning her around in his arms playfully, "What are you doing here?" he asked, though he didn't really care, he was glad to see his sister.

"No one told me you'd be coming. Are you well?" he asked, setting her upon the floor gently.
Back to top Go down
Abigail Denny
Nurse
Abigail Denny

Anthony's Study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony's Study   Anthony's Study I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 11:46 pm

All is well brother but you are never home.

I stepped into his study jingling as I walked. I still had my medicine belt intact which contained tiny glass vials of specimens .
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Anthony's Study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony's Study   Anthony's Study I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 11:50 pm

He smiled, "Nor are you now that you are determined to be a nurse. Besides I've not lived at home for years."

He sat down and gestured for her to take a seat, "How is it going...the nursing?" he asked, indicating towards the vials.
Back to top Go down
Abigail Denny
Nurse
Abigail Denny

Anthony's Study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony's Study   Anthony's Study I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 11:58 pm

Taking of my medicine belt I sat opposite my brother and smiled.

I didn't mean to wake you brother. Do you often sleep at the desk as it is bad for posture.

Every time I saw him he looked more life our father. Picking up an orange I started to peal it.

Okay well I have a development I want to go and heal the sick and injured on the battle field. I think that I would be more useful their than at court.

I knew deep down that my father and brothers would never agree to this. It would mean putting my life in danger too.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Anthony's Study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony's Study   Anthony's Study I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 12:07 am

Anthony laughed, "I only just arrived this afternoon and my room is-" he paused and smiled to myself, "Well...I had some letters to write and work to do."

As she spoke about her wishes Anthony's eyes widened, he shook his head. He was fiercely protective of Abigail and his other sister, Mary. He still didn't entirely approve of her nursing. He was proud that she wanted to do something useful with her life but he considered herself to be seeking risk. The risk of catching an illness from the common folk and now the risk of death upon a battlefield, "No, "he said in disbelief and denial, "Abi, you are much too young and much too precious to put your life at risk. I've never even been in battle before - none of us have. You'd need to go to another country..."
Back to top Go down
Abigail Denny
Nurse
Abigail Denny

Anthony's Study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony's Study   Anthony's Study I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 12:19 am

I didn't protest their was no point the Denny men were stubborn. I simply carried on eating my orange.

I am not fulfilled going village to village I want to do proper medicine work. I have been offered work place at court with the Kings doctor. Court life is full of horny men so I shall be on a battle field after all.

I cheekily laughed trying not to choke on my orange. Their was something different about Anthony he actually seemed relaxed.

What have you been up to at court then. If you are allowed to tell me that is.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Anthony's Study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony's Study   Anthony's Study I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 12:25 am

Anthony smirked, "And what do you know of men like that?" he asked teasingly but added earnestly, "Mother and father will never allow it. Think of Mary, how much she shall miss you. Travel but do not seek war, Abi..."

He then sighed with a grin, tilting his head and relaxing into his chair again, "Oh not much, " he said mischievously, "The usual: proud, envious and scornful courtiers; gossips and derision. I did also happen to meet Joan Chapernowne...the girl that father wants me to marry."
Back to top Go down
Abigail Denny
Nurse
Abigail Denny

Anthony's Study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony's Study   Anthony's Study I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 12:33 am

I cleared my throat diverting my eye-s elsewhere whilst I spoke.

I am a trained nurse I have had to deal with men. I have also had to treat men for many things they catch I'm not so young any more this is my job.

I said rather proud of myself for sticking to something for once in my life. It was a motherly calling I had always wanted to help the sick. No matter what shape or form. I looked at him with my eye's on stalk.

You met your betrothed? What is she like, how did you meet.

I forgot about my hunger and was suddenly entertained by my brothers love life.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Anthony's Study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony's Study   Anthony's Study I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 12:38 am

Anthony grumbled. She was too high born for her profession but Abigail had always been caring, always gentle and willing to help those less fortunate. He admired her for it but never the less worried for her, "You must know that you are my little sister and so I want to keep you protected from some things...like the men in court," he said and winked, "After all, I'm one of them - I know what they are like."

He laughed at her enthusiasm. "You shall meet her soon and see for yourself - she is here."
Back to top Go down
Abigail Denny
Nurse
Abigail Denny

Anthony's Study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony's Study   Anthony's Study I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 12:44 am

I giggled I was certain that if he saw what I saw he would laugh. Men liked to be tough and nonchalant but they were vulnerable like rest of us.

I can't have the man I love so no need to worry their. She's here.

I whispered my excitement bubbling inside of me. I had never seen Anthony with a lady ever. He wasn't one to flaunt ladies about.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Anthony's Study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony's Study   Anthony's Study I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 8:41 pm

Anthony groaned theatrically and playfully, "You know you are making me worry about you. What man is this? Do any of us know him?"
Back to top Go down
Abigail Denny
Nurse
Abigail Denny

Anthony's Study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony's Study   Anthony's Study I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 8:52 pm

I kept a straight face. I was young and it was natural to take a shine to men.

It is just a silly little crush it shall pass I hope. I've never taken a liking to a man before he is not for takes.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Anthony's Study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony's Study   Anthony's Study I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 8:57 pm

Anthony smiled and said jokingly, "Is he a soldier...is this why you wish to move yourself to live on a battlefield?"
Back to top Go down
Abigail Denny
Nurse
Abigail Denny

Anthony's Study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony's Study   Anthony's Study I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 9:03 pm

I grinned brightly at my brothers words. Had he gotten romantic in his old age. I sighed dreamily crossing my legs over.

That is a very romantic tale dearest brother but it couldn't be further from the truth.

I shrugged hoping he would understand.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Anthony's Study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony's Study   Anthony's Study I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 9:07 pm

He smiled warmly, pausing for a moment to look at his sister. How she had grown, grown into a wise and caring girl, lovely in every way.

"Then you must tell me the truth, "he requested.
Back to top Go down
Abigail Denny
Nurse
Abigail Denny

Anthony's Study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony's Study   Anthony's Study I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 9:32 pm

Their really wasn't anything to tell. But if it made him feel better I would tell.

I know not his name but I was at court for some training. I kept noticing him everywhere I went he was always their. I felt strange whenever I was in his presence like I was special to him.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Anthony's Study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony's Study   Anthony's Study I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 9:35 pm

Anthony smiled indulgently and poured himself some more ale, taking a sip. He noticed that she looked rosy when she spoke of this mysterious man, "So you spoke with him? Did he display an interest in you?"
Back to top Go down
Abigail Denny
Nurse
Abigail Denny

Anthony's Study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony's Study   Anthony's Study I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 9:54 pm

He mused over me like a pretty trinket that is the impression I got. I don't know brother how do you know if a man likes you.

I searched my brothers face for an answer. He was a wise man and knew a lot about men.
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

Anthony's Study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony's Study   Anthony's Study I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 10:05 pm

After my long bath I came out smelling of roses. I couldn't dry my hair properly so, it went curly at the ends. I made my way to Anthony's study, feeling rather sleepy with all aches from our earlier ride gone. Knocking first I opened the door noticing the back of a lady's head. Sorry I thought you were alone. I quickly shut the door trying to remember if he said we would have company.
Back to top Go down
Abigail Denny
Nurse
Abigail Denny

Anthony's Study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony's Study   Anthony's Study I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 10:09 pm

Hearing the door open I turned around in my chair. I smiled kindly at the lady this must be the lady of whom my brother spoke of.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Anthony's Study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony's Study   Anthony's Study I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 7:29 am

"Well..." Anthony replied, beginning to answer but the door knocked so he glanced over, saw Joan and smiled. He stood up, chuckling good naturedly as she disappeared behind the door again. He turned to his sister, "One moment, Abi."

He then chased Joan behind the door. He playfully held onto her waist, kissed her on the forehead and said, "It's my little sister, Abigail. I did not know she was coming - but, I know she would like to see you..."

He opened the door and touched Joan on the small of her back. As he guided her back into the room he noticed the damp curl of her hair and smiled to himself, whispering in Joan’s ear, "I think you are both of the same age - more or less - you may get along.”

He did hope they would get along. Chavenage was such a long way away from court and if Joan had his sister then at least they may keep one another company. He said loudly, as they both entered the study, "Abi may I present Joan..."

He glanced from Abigail to Joan, an expectant smile on his lips and a cheerful brightness in his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

Anthony's Study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony's Study   Anthony's Study I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 7:32 am

I knew that Anthony had relatives I just never thought I would meet them so soon. That's ok I am however not dressed properly. I twisted my ring around my finger slightly nervous. What I did notice however, was that Anthony was much more relaxed and loving with me. I would relish in this as much as possible before we headed back to court.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anthony's Study Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthony's Study   Anthony's Study I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anthony's Study
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next