The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Living Room

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anthony Denny
Gentleman of the Privy Chamber
Anthony Denny

Living Room Empty
PostSubject: Living Room   Living Room I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 8:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Living Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living Room   Living Room I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 7:22 pm

Anthony entered the lounge, glad to see the fire had already been lit and the room prepared for him. He hunched by the fire dejectedly, frowning like a spoilt school boy, and stared into the burning flames. This, he thought to himself, this was was why he never committed to a woman. Anthony was fickle but he had never had someone be fickle with him.

As he scratched his stubbled chin he came to the realisation and admitted to himself that beyond lust and playful courtship - he had developed a deep attachment to Joan. The idea of continuing without her gentle companionship was a hideous thought to bear.
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

Living Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living Room   Living Room I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 8:28 pm

After spending most of this morning to herself. Joan; decided to go and find Anthony so they may at least talk. She was determined that he would listen to what Joan had to say. With her hair kept down; she rasped on the door. May I come in Anthony.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Living Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living Room   Living Room I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 8:33 pm

Anthony had moved himself to the chaise by the fire, attempting to distract himself with a book but had eventually succumbed to sleep. The hours must have flew past him as he awoke to the room filled with light and Joan at the door. As he sat up he noticed a plate of food left for him on the table, no doubt left by the kitchen maid.

He didn't let himself smile when he saw her although it was an instinctive reaction now, "It's your house too,"he replied simply and shifted in his seat. He held his head in his hands, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

Living Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living Room   Living Room I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 8:49 pm

Joan didn't respond to his answer she simply shut the door behind her. Joan placed herself on the sofa; idly playing with her engagement ring. Anthony may we talk about things; our future to be exact. I don't mean to hurt you with how I act. It's the way I have been for years; I can't change that. Their are plenty more other ladies if you want one not so complicated.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Living Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living Room   Living Room I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 8:55 pm

He shrugged, "Yes well I've decided upon you now," he acted aloof as he collected a crust of bread from the table. How could he discard her so easily? He quite simply couldn't. He had never imagined having a woman in this room with him. Walking with his wife along the cliffs at sunset and eventually having children at their feet had all featured in his fantasies of their life together - now she so simply said that he could choose another.

"But speak as you wish, I will not silence you."
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

Living Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living Room   Living Room I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 9:17 pm

Joan glared right at him clearly he missunderstood what she meant. I had wanted to smooth things over with you but your attitude speaks otherwise. For the first time in a long time Joan found herself rather alone. It was sad that she couldn't freely talk about what ailed her. Standing abrubtly Joan headed over to the window; determined that he will not have her tears.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Living Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living Room   Living Room I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 9:23 pm

He sighed and looked up,"The trouble is...that...that I love you,"he muttered, hardly believing he admitted to it. There was a long silence after he spoke - he meant it but saying it out loud for Anthony was making himself vulnerable, so he covered the silence before she could speak.

"I don't want to quarrel with you, or have this situation. We aren't even married yet and already this bone of contention lies between us."

He chewed on his bread and glanced behind him to gage her reaction - his bright eyes nervously waiting to see her face. He sighed and turned around again, "Bloody hell, Joan," he began exasperated,"I love you and I'll be plain - I don't want you to go to this Catherine Parr. I want you to stay with me."
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

Living Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living Room   Living Room I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 9:54 pm

Why do you love me? Because you have simply laid with me more times than other girls. Angered by his chomping on that bread; Joan paced over to him grabbing him by the scruff of his shirt. Don't you think that I love you too! Cause I do much more than I will ever tell you. She let him go taking just a few paces away from him.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Living Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living Room   Living Room I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 10:04 pm

He stood up, initially vexed when she grabbed his shirt. So he took the few paces over to her and clutched onto her waist and pressed his lips passionately against hers. He moved her back so she was held against the wall and him as he slipped his tongue in her mouth.

He released his lips from hers but still held onto her, "It's more than that with you, Joan - I don't know why but beyond just taking you to bed," he breathed and tipped his forehead against hers.

"You have bewitched me, Joan."
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

Living Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living Room   Living Room I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 10:53 pm

Joan was caught of guard by his sudden surge in passion. She held on to his face forcing his eyes to look at her. Promise me that you won't let anyone try to ruin our happiness; Anthony. This was something that scared Joan; to love him completely and to have it all taken away again.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Living Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living Room   Living Room I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 8:14 am

He nodded, "Yes...yes I promise," he breathed and pressed his lips to hers' again, bringing her body closer to his - sighing as he felt her curves against him.
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

Living Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living Room   Living Room I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 5:40 pm

Unconvinced she allowed him to press their bodies together. Holding onto his arm; Joan stood on the points of her toes trying to keep up with this last minute frolic.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Living Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living Room   Living Room I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 7:27 pm

She did't resist but she didn't exactly consent either. He left her and stood, breathing heavily at her side - his back against the wall.

He ran frustrated hands through his hair and looked to her, "If you want out, Joan. If you don't want this marriage. I'll say nothing happened - you'll not loose your reputation."
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

Living Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living Room   Living Room I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 8:40 pm

If you think that I am that replacebable then you have your wish. She didn't want to be in a courtship at this particular time in her life. Her eyes had been opened to a life at court she didn't want to belong to for a long time. Slipping off her ring Joan left it on the side. I wish you all the best I'm pretty sure you won't be left a bachelor for long.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Living Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living Room   Living Room I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 9:31 pm

He scoffed with incredulous shock as she put down the ring. He felt the burning itch in his eyes but would not give in, "So that's it?" he said and shrugged frustratedly.

"You are just going to leave? Tell me what I've meant to have done."

He was angry now. He had brought her to his home, shown her affection and spent money he did not have on her ring - now she would leave? His anger was directed at himself. How could he become ensnared so easily.
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

Living Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living Room   Living Room I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 10:13 pm

Joan wanted to go to him and comfort him as she knew that she was hurting him. She didn't want to hurt him she was just trying to protect her feelings. Tis not you dear one; it's our whole entire relationship. I'm trying very hard to protect us both from any hurt that may come. She was just protecting what they had from others. It made complete sense to her even if it made no sense to others including Anthony.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Living Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living Room   Living Room I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 10:30 pm

He scoffed and slid down the wall, squatting on the floor, "So...you decide - after you claim you are falling in love with me, after accepting that ring," he began and pointed to the ring on the side board, "After coming to my home and after I confess my feelings - you decide you don't want this."

He glared at her from the floor, his arms resting on his bent knees, "What fantasy are you residing in, Joan? Are you seeing armies from the window, set to march upon my home, tear down the door and harm us?"

He laughed bitterly, "What hurt? What protection do we need? I fell asleep with Joan and I have awoken to this! Did I fall asleep for ten years and wake up to an old and stale marriage?"
Back to top Go down
Joan Champernowne
Lady-in-waiting
Joan Champernowne

Living Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living Room   Living Room I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 11:12 pm

Shaken to her very bones but his serpent tongue; Joan wasn't sure exactly how to react to his temper. Don't mock me Anthony as it doesn't suit you. Climbing over his body Joan opened the door and left him their.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

Living Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living Room   Living Room I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 8:14 am

"I mock you?" he replied incredulously, "You mock me. Your heart is fickle and I will not beg for you, Joan. I have done you no wrong and not treated you badly. How you can leave - so coldly - is beyond my comprehension."

He stood up, passing a mournful glance to the ring and to her. He hated himself for still instinctively smiling when he saw her, feeling a flutter in his chest and a hot rush of lust. He walked, heavy footed to the couch and slumped down - moving to lie along the length of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Living Room Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living Room   Living Room I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Living Room
Page 1 of 1