The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

The Royal Chapel

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

The Royal Chapel - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Chapel   The Royal Chapel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 10:37 pm

I was more than willing to leave for Linlithgow Palace. I would take only one lady with me Helen probably. I could see myself spending long hours in the gardens, reading books upon books until I was satisfied. I wouldn't cast my mind as to what James would get up to when I was gone or who with. Linlithgow would be my french haven to help when I dearly missed my motherland. If I could go now I would. I kept well hidden holding my breath as I took James hand. They looked a bit like eagles all circled around ready to start pecking at the fresh meat, me.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Chapel   The Royal Chapel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 10:52 pm

One priest separated from the group, bowing only his head and then approached James. The man, younger than James spoke in hushed tones - his voice nearly as high as Mary's. After his whispered explanation James, patted him upon the shoulder in a friendly manner, "Of course, father," he replied, adding a remark in Gaelic which made the priest smile and stifle a laugh.

James squeezed Mary's hand as he began to walk forward, he took his habitually long strides yet slower than normal so Mary would keep pace. He was tall and graceful, as he moved past the clerics, heads above the men. Eventually, with Mary at his side, "They wish to practice the hymns. I said we would leave them be," he told Mary, still tenderly holding her hand, thinking they must look like a newly married couple walking down the altar together.
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Chapel   The Royal Chapel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 11:18 pm

I kept up with James as best I could only to nearly crash into him as he went to my side. My mind was to interested in what the priests were doing to even care where I was walking. Just as before James had a steady grip on my hand, keeping me upright and steady.If you have everything under control here, might I take my leave for Linlithgow. As much as I enjoyed being with James I had yet to enjoy the comfort of my own company here in scotland. I am sure that you need a few days to be James like you used to be. I cannot keep you to myself forever. I had always decided not to try and change him. James was his own person just like I was my own person.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Chapel   The Royal Chapel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 6:35 pm

"You don't need to ask," he replied genuinely as they approached the exit of the chapel, standing beneath the ornately carved arch. It was true that he would miss her but he had neglected some of his own duties and spent so little time with his friends. Indeed, he did often go for days at a time without being seen but he always came back - and now he had to and would go willingly.

"You will have my guard with you - of that I insist and if you need anything, a ghràidh, you send word to me immediately," he said sincerely, catching her gaze with his own intense look.
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Chapel   The Royal Chapel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 6:54 pm

You worry to much, nobody shall know who I am. I gently brushed my lips against his. Will you promise to behave. I teased as my nimble fingers ran down his neck. Hoisting up my knee I gently pressed it against his inner thigh, pushing him back against the wall.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Chapel   The Royal Chapel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 7:17 pm

James grinned mischievously, and nodded his head. He would enjoy a few more nights at the tavern and entertain more bottles of wine - but to her he would remain true, he didn't even consider the alternative.

"If you promise to have a care for your safety," he replied and kissed her forehead, "You are very precious to me."

He would send a small guard with her, but they would be his closet kin - those he trusted completely. All of the guard were skilled fighters but not all were as civilised as his friends who would accompany her - it was wise to have wild soldiers, always ready to fight when needed.
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Chapel   The Royal Chapel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 8:05 pm

I will and I shall stay away from woods and forests. I was hoping to receive a much more indulgent kiss, but any kiss from James was enough to substain me. And try not to get into any battles whilst I am gone. I would be sad if anything happened to that pretty face of yours. He had many scars from battle but men always got rowdy and challenged one another when they got together.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Chapel   The Royal Chapel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 10:01 pm

He smiled and brought her closer to him, pulling her gently by the waist. They were so close he could feel her sweet breath upon his skin and discern the unique blue to her eyes. He glanced about them before giving in to his own desires.

A few ladies scuttled towards them - their gowns now altered so that they were noticeably in the French fashion. They all blushed as they witnessed James and Mary's intimacy and James accordingly rested his hands upon his own hips instead of Mary's, nodded his head chivalrously with a smile.

Once they were past and giggled amongst themselves, he looked down to Mary through his dark lashes and very slowly leaned closer. Eventually his warm, open lips reached hers and he allowed himself the bliss of having her near.

"I shall miss you, Mary," he breathed.
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Chapel   The Royal Chapel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 10:20 pm

A low groan escaped my lips as I found myself comforted by his tender lips once again. James tasted like the sweetest honey around, one taste and I found myself unable to come up for air. I rested my hands on his hips, pulling him a little closer to me. It will be a few days at least. I will miss you more, you are my captain.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Chapel   The Royal Chapel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 10:27 pm

He sighed lustfully as he heard her gentle groan but forced himself to move away from her, for he doubted he would ever be able to let her leave if he did not in that moment. His lips felt heavy and bruised, even though he had only kissed her once - yet his kiss had been even more passionate than when they first lay together.

He nearly made her promise to be careful again, but he stayed quiet - knowing it was only his protective nature that caused him to doubt her safety. Already his mind wandered to the day they would be reunited, the night they would be alone...
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Chapel   The Royal Chapel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 10:37 pm

His kiss was the kind that would linger on my lips for days. I could feel myself wanting more of his kisses, the way his hands fumbled over my body. I was weak when it came to James, weak and I didn't care if he knew it. I love you. Was all I could say as my mind was still blissfully rethinking over the kiss.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Chapel   The Royal Chapel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 10:47 pm

He collected her cross from beneath his shirt, holding it in the palm of his hand. It was warm from staying beneath his doublet but the jewels glinted in the light.

"I love you," he replied and kissed her cross - not breaking their gaze. He glanced behind him, hearing the ecclesiastical choir from inside the chapel begin their practice - harmonious and varying tones of Latin prayers.
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Chapel   The Royal Chapel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 10:54 pm

I gulped feeling my dry eyes threaten to well up with pointless tears. It wouldn't be forever but I doubted that I could go one night without him let alone a few days. Will you walk me to the carriage my love. If he wanted me to stay then I would, it seemed like such a bad idea to leave here.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Chapel   The Royal Chapel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 7:27 am

He nodded solemnly in reply, while he would miss her, James was unusually optimistic for his time. Linlithgow was not far, he knew he could reach it by the afternoon - even if he set off hours after sunrise. He nudged her nose with his playfully, smiling weaker than usual.

He took her hand and squeezed it gently as the began to walk through the corridor, "You can come back anytime. We will get you home in the middle of the night if you need to."
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Chapel   The Royal Chapel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 2:48 pm

I nudged him back with my nose, smiling as our little habbit brought such happiness to me. But I needed to know that I could survive without him, that I wasn't entirely dependent on him. I had always thought that abscence made the heart grow fonder. But now, I feel as though those who have not truly loved only say that.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Chapel   The Royal Chapel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 3:21 pm

"It will not be my long," he replied reassuringly as they turned the corner, passing by courtiers who sunk into bows as they past. Strange, he thought it must be for them, to have a Queen and King again...at least one's who did not loathe one another.

"You'll take my heart with you," he whispered and looked down to her, adding mischievously, "I ask only you return with it...unharmed."
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Chapel   The Royal Chapel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 7:29 pm

I bow my head as we past by courtiers. I liked to be affectionate with James in private, where I could ravish him to my hearts content. I would never let any harm come to that heart of yours my love. As we walked down the corridor I glanced at him, letting the back of my hand run smoothly down his face. He was perfectly made in my eyes, a man even god would be jealous of.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Chapel   The Royal Chapel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 7:34 pm

He paused as she reached up her arm to touch his face, as they came to the door which would take them outside the palace. It was quiet enough, chatter could be heard echoing about them but they had sufficient privacy for James to bring her to him, wrap her in his arms and kiss her. Do not leave, he whispered in his mind; as - with tender lips - he kissed her open mouthed.
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Chapel   The Royal Chapel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 7:46 pm

James. I murmured against his manly lips. Each movement of our lips sent waves of pleasure building up throughout me. James had the ability to kiss me sweetly yet, the kiss itself was like tempting an angel from heaven. I.. I.. Forgetting my senses completely I let my tongue slip into the warmth of his mouth, sweet sounds and muffled breaths were all I could hear.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Chapel   The Royal Chapel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 7:54 pm

He wanted something more than her crucifix, something of her if she would leave. Yet, of that, he did not care in the moment. His palms spanned the sides of her delicate waist, eventually travelling gently to her face; whereupon he cupped her warm cheeks in hands momentarily before his hands coursed through her tousled hair.

He wanted her with urgency of a young man in love, with the same passion during their tryst in the woods but the respect of when he first saw her on the glen.

Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Chapel   The Royal Chapel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 8:05 pm

All he had to do was touch and kiss me in all the right places. And he would have me begging for that sweet release we both came to love. I pushed all my weight into the door, my fingers gripped tightly around his neck. I was hungry for lust and not just any lust sinful lust. I think I need to rest my love would you take me.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Chapel   The Royal Chapel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 8:10 pm

He breathed heavily, his forehead against hers and his eyes closed. He expelled a relieved sigh that he would have before she left. He kept his hands in her hair for a moment and whispered, "Your room or mine?"

He looked up as he caught his breath, his gaze somehow intense as usual but their was a vulnerability in his aching for her. He had to have her. He'd felt lust before and he had loved ... but this was different, beyond any love he felt before.
Back to top Go down
Mary De Guise
Queen of Scotland
Mary De Guise

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Chapel   The Royal Chapel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 8:22 pm

Yours that's where our memories are. I returned the sharp deep gaze before quickly running down the corridor giggling.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Chapel   The Royal Chapel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 6:40 am

The day had finally arrived, the ceremony which would cement their union and the alliance between their families and countries. James had been advised by those other than his friends to put off the coronation, wait a year or so - until she had ‘proved herself.’ He would have none of it. She needed to prove nothing to him, his faith in Mary was resolute, his trust in their love implicit. He was mad for her, the way only young men could love - he was hers. He promised her that he would give her everything, everything she wanted, as men in love always do.

He arrived at the chapel, greeted as he reached the entrance by cheering crowds, crying out blessings upon him and his wife. Children clutched posies of wildflowers for Mary, the women dressed in the french fashions and the men stumbled to display themselves in their finery. James entered the chapel, heads above the others who had congregated, walking confidently down the aisle - his guard forming around him. He was dressed in cloth of gold, his shirt clean and white for a change. Upon the dark locks of his hair sat his own golden crown that he had so rarely worn since his own coronation, his kingly ring upon his index finger. For a change, in ornate dress, a special effort he had made for Mary. He would be King for her today. Yet, his musket and sword were still clipped to his side…one habit he could not give up.

He strode to his throne at the end of the aisle, a few steps below Mary’s; as the guard took their positions. He was greeted with a sea of bows and curtsies, his Italian band strumming gentle tunes before the choir began the service. The aisle was covered in blushing blossoms, the coat of arms of his family and Mary’s hung above her throne, garlands of summer flowers at each pew - their scent and the smell of incense filling the chapel.
Back to top Go down
François 1er de France
King of France
François 1er de France

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Chapel   The Royal Chapel - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 7:57 am

Never one to leave his kingdom, Françis made an exception for the next couple of days. He knew that his wife Claude wanted to come and he couldn't deny her anything. The De Guise family had become that of great importance to the French nobility. They had higher ranks yet they still remained as down to earth like they always had. Non affected by the union of France and Scotland which involved their daughter. With Claude by his side Françis couldn't help but think that all this could of been for Madeline today he would just be a guest on foreign soil and he rathered looked forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Chapel   The Royal Chapel - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Royal Chapel
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next