The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Main Entrance

Go down 
+3
Anna of Iceland
James Stuart of Scotland
Royce Westmoreland
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

Main Entrance  Empty
PostSubject: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2015 1:32 am

Main Entrance  13529710
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

Main Entrance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 11:52 pm

Royce arrived at Stirling Castle to see King James. Hearing that he was spending spring in his favourite castle, he decided to visit him. Once he arrived riding his horse, he stopped at the entrace, where he saw two guards

Tell to His Majesty King James that the Duke of Westmoreland asks for an audience..
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

Main Entrance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 5:28 am

James had just returned to Stirling but had already been informed his old friend the Duke of Westmoreland had arrived. It was happy news that he received gladly. Royce was one of the few nobles who remained that were of good intention and loyal to the crown - he was always welcome for James.

James bound down the stairs in the main entrance, a smile tugging the corner of his lips. Once he spotted Royce he called out to him with a wave. He approached him with a contented laugh, tapping him on the shoulder in an almost brotherly fashion, "It is has been much too long, Royce!"
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

Main Entrance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 11:41 pm

Royce dismounted from his horse as he saw the King approaching him personally. He bowed deeply and smiled as he patted his shoulder

Your Majesty! I'm so glad to see you again. I trust you're fine..

He patted his shoulder as well, since James was like a brother to him
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

Main Entrance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 7:23 pm

James gave Royce's horse a friendly pat, running his hand gently from it's forelock to nuzzle - the beast was nearly as familiar to him as Royce was. The horse neighed quietly as James glanced back up to Royce, catching his bow from the corner of his eye. Royce was respectful to a fault, and even though James would never expect such a display, he knew Royce had meant it with good intentions.

"I am very well, Royce - very well indeed," he replied with a broad grin and began to walk with him toward the castle.

"Certainly glad to have some familiar company," he added, "Tell me - how are your family?"
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

Main Entrance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 11:58 pm

Royce kept on walking with him towards entrance and smiled

My wife and my children are very well, Your Majesty. Thank you. We had two twin boys. And I named them Oliver..and James. After you..

He glanced at him to see his reaction and took a breath

Rather, I heard that your Queen will be crowned soon. My congratulations..I wish you both a long and healthy life..
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

Main Entrance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 6:06 pm

"I knew you had boys, Royce, " James began - a bright, grin spreading across his face when he heard the names of Royces' sons. He looked at him incredulously, "But I did not know their names. I cannot believe you named him after me! Do they keep well, " he questioned - his protective instinct and natural tendencies towards fatherhood showed. James cared for his kin greatly, and went to extreme ends to ensure their wellbeing, "If they need anything, Royce - you need only say. You are a great man and I have no doubt you are capable but...you have my support should - God forbid - you need it."

It was a great honour, one that James felt slightly unworthy of but it nourished his personal esteem. He knew that people would obviously name their children after him, but it was a genuine gesture of friendship from Royce, "All I can say is thank you...sincerely - to you and your wife, " he added playfully, "I am sure James shall live up to his name."

At the mention of Mary, James glanced down to his feet with a boyish smirk,"Indeed, " said he, "You are of course welcome, I would be glad to see you there. She is...I am quite convinced we will make one another happy."
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

Main Entrance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 11:32 pm

Royce looked at him with a friendly and grateful smile

No need to thank me, Your Majesty. I feel honoured that my son brings your name. My wife agreed immediatly. And I would love they to have your blessing. Queen Mary must be excited. A coronation is not a common event. And..I'm sure you'll be very happy together, Your Majesty..

He replied sincerely still walking at his side
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

Main Entrance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 9:45 pm

James slipped his hands into his pockets as he walked causally beside Royce. He felt lighter now he had such a comrade with him, a familiar and loyal face was a rare thing at court. Royce's loyalty was clear and James was entirely loyal to their friendship.

"You must bring them - and your wife - to court some day soon. Show them off," James said with a bright grin, "You must be very proud. I think you are blessed to have such gifts as they."

James brushed his hand through his hair before adding, "Well my coronation was tiring enough and she is such a little thing - but she shall be well looked after. I think it will be a good day when it arrives."
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

Main Entrance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 11:36 pm

Royce smiled gratefully and bowed with his head

Thank you, Your Majesty. I feel very blessed, indeed. And I wish you to have an heir soon. My wife and I will join with pleasure at coronation. It's such an honour for us. I also think that she will let her brother know about that. You know..King Henry is going to take a new wife. And probably very soon there will be another coronation in England as well..

He explained, since he was used updating James about everything. And he felt happy doing this again like old times
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

Main Entrance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 5:47 pm

James nodded thoughtfully, he had heard about about her ways. She was apparently a Lutheran and was  encouraging Henry to adopt the new faith so they could marry. While he did not object to anyone having a different faith, he was loyal to his own and to the pontiff Rome. I would not be so easily swayed, he thought, Anne must be a very enrapturing woman indeed. James was, in many ways, devout. He believed implicitly in his faith and while he had ignored certain stipulations on chastity - he believed honestly in the doctrine.

"So I have heard," James began, "Although, I'd wager their union will be good for Scotland - politically at least. I hear Anne was raised in France and so no doubt the Tudor alliance with Spain will crumble...meaning we shall all be uniting with France. Finally, a bit of peace."
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

Main Entrance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 11:42 pm

Royce nodded after his words

Indeed, Your Majesty. Diplomatic relationships with Spain are already broken. Same with Rome. But France is a natural ally for King Henry. It seems that my brother on law wants to support the new faith, and he even made himself suprem head of English Church. But my wife and I are still catholic, and faithful to Rome. until the King will force us to convert ourselves, at least..

He explained with a deep breath in the end

Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

Main Entrance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 6:32 pm

"Henry has an inflated sense of imperial majesty," James retorted and kicked the stones beneath his boot. It was not often he spoke bitterly but - as far as he was concerned - Henry had killed his father and that, for James, was unforgivable. Indeed, he was not so ridiculous as to hate the population of England but those in Scotland with Tudor sympathies were intolerable, "I think it nothing short of folly that he is forcing his people to change all that they hold dear because of his infatuation. He is fickle - what shall become of the country when he grows tired of her?"

"Yet," James added, "You shall never be forced to change to the new faith, my friend...unless of course it is your wish."
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

Main Entrance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 11:32 pm

Royce nodded after his words

Thank you, Your Majesty. I really appreciate that. It's not my wish to convert myself to new faith. And I can say the same about my wife. But I'm sure that King Henry will get tired soon of Anne Boleyn. In that case, I don't know what will happen to reformers..

He replied, following his King inside castle
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

Main Entrance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 11:57 pm

"I must admire her - in some capacity," he said fairly, scratching his beard as they walked beneath the archway to the castle. She was hardly a significant noble when Henry met her and he had developed a reputation for seducing even the noblest of women - yet, she had been resolute.

"Although, if she were my kin I would advise her to accept her new peerage and title, leave her ambition and Henry aside - secure her and her families' safety and income. Never the less, as long as she is distracting Henry from our borders - I am content."
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

Main Entrance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 11:34 pm

Royce walked into Castle nodding after him

That's a very delicate matter, Your Majesty. But I don't think that King Henry is planning to threaten our borders with a war or an invasion. If he wanted to..he would have already done it. Don't you agree, Your Majesty?

He asked, wondering what would happen if scottish throne was in danger. And of course James's reaction
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

Main Entrance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 10:42 pm

You are right,” James admitted and smiled at Royce. Royce had a sensible head upon his shoulders and while James was perhaps prone to passionate emotions and reactions, Royce was temperate and more restrained than his friend. Indeed, his wife was English and shared the blood of the English monarchy too. It would be a divide in loyalties for James and he was glad not to be in his position. He thought simply - that the Tudors were his enemies. Henry killed his father and brother - that was cause enough for James’ enmity.

Yet I still think he could whenever he decides to…he is a fickle man and as he tires of his women, he will soon tire of peace,” James replied.
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

Main Entrance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 11:44 pm

Royce shurugged simply after his words

Only God knows that, Your Majesty. But he has enough problems with Rome and the Emperor to get new enemies. Also, he knows I'm scottish and your best friend and advisor. And he gave me his own sister as wife. So..I simply hope that all this is more important than war for him..

He replied with a forced smile, hoping that he was right
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

Main Entrance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 10:10 am

James conceded to Royce with a simple nod, he knew that his friend would have sympathies with England because of his wife. While James was related to the English monarchy through his mother, her treatment of him in youth and the murder of his father - in cold blood - had irrevocably hardened his heart to England. England would always aim to usurp Scottish rule and continue to cite the foolish claim that they have a right to France, a right even greater than that of the French King. They were treasonous traitors, at least for James and not even the tentative council from his friend would convince him otherwise.

Let us not speak of such things, “ James replied and patted him on the shoulder, with a friendly smile, “We should speak of something else - something happier."
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

Main Entrance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 11:26 pm

Royce nodded and smiled at him. He noticed that he was not keen at talking about relationship between England and Scotland

Yes..as you wish, Your Majesty. And what's happier than children? Have you already thought about your heirs's names? Or will you let Queen Mary choose them?

He asked smiling friendly, trying to change topic
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

Main Entrance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 9:15 am

James chuckled and his thoughts flashed back to the conversation he and Mary had when they were still rather new to each other. Then, his lust for her had still not been satisfied and he was still reserved - touching her as if she were fragile and delicate...he had yet to learn of the passion in her. In some way, she would always be that girl upon the glen to James, gentle and quiet - not quite knowing what fate should become her. As much as they may drift apart from each other or come together  - James was quite sure that he could never be capable of loving another as he loved Mary.

"Children?" James said with another light laugh, "Between you and I...let us just say that I do not think that Mary and I have very long to ponder names. I would like a son - of course - to be called James after my father...perhaps Mary for a girl...it would almost be like Mary and I would live on again through our children."
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

Main Entrance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 11:43 pm

Royce smiled and nodded after his words. He knew royal's rules about names and children

Of course..I understand. Then..I wish you having a son soon. An heir for your throne, who will rule the country after you, Your Majesty. And since you're a wise and good King, I'm sure that your son will be just like his father. He will follow your footsteps for God's will, and with God's help..

He said with calm and serious voice, bowing his head at the end of his sentence
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

Main Entrance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 9:35 am

James smiled appreciatively, Royce always had kind words to give freely. Never had James encountered a man who was so skilled in diplomacy and yet who was equally genuine. His words were filled with truth and sincere altruism.

Our wish is the same, Royce,” James replied and tapped his shoulder in a friendly manner, “And when the time comes…perhaps you would honour us by being one of our child’s godparents."

If James had a son, he wanted someone to protect him as best he could - Royce could do that through his dukedom and marriage. Should James die before he saw his son grown, it would surely be at the hand of the English. It made political sense to have his child stay with a loyal Scotsman with a noble English wife - at least his child would have safety.
Back to top Go down
Royce Westmoreland
Duke of Westmoreland
Royce Westmoreland

Main Entrance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 10:29 pm

Royce smiled and bowed with his head. He was not expecting those words, and he remained in silence for a moment before replying

It would be a great honour for me, Your Majesty. I'm very grateful. And I swear that I'll protect my godchild as my own child. Also, my wife the Princess has great admiration for you..

He smiled, feeling happy and proud for receiving such an honour from James. He was not only his best friend, but also worthy of his crown
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

Main Entrance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 8:00 am

James was gratified that Royce accepted. While not many would refuse a King's request, James thought he and Royce were good enough friends that they may be honest with each other. As well as an honour, it would be a burden if anything happened to James. Yet, James had no intention of dying before his child was grown - he barely wanted to contemplate it, he would not have his child grow up fatherless like he had. I shall die in bed with my wife, he vowed to himself, I am young, I am quick and I am lucky - I shall not die on the battlefield.

"I must leave you now, my friend," James replied, "Do stay a while at court and come see me before you leave. I should very much like for you to meet my wife."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Main Entrance  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Entrance    Main Entrance  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Main Entrance
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next