The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

The Golden Harrow Tavern

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Isabel Hamilton
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Hamilton

The Golden Harrow Tavern - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Harrow Tavern   The Golden Harrow Tavern - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 9:22 pm

"Can you handle a wee lass from fife." I winked back jesting as I looked at him while taking a rather long sip of my ale. It wasn't as good as his whiskey but it'll have to do for this night. I laughed it wasn't a sweet laugh. It originated from my belly; filling up the silence that was left in the tavern. "What will your councilors say if they could see us now."
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Harrow Tavern   The Golden Harrow Tavern - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 9:30 pm

He squinted his eyes theatrically as if he was thinking very hard about her question, taking a long sip of the ale as he did. Finally, after taking a drink he nodded and replied with a smirk, "Yes. Aye, I think I can...yet I wonder if she can quite handle me...is it is fear in your eyes, milady?" he began playfully and gestured to her eyes - which he realised in that moment were a shade between green and blue, like the sea after a storm, "Or mischief?"

He sat himself down upon a nearby barrel and chuckled into his cup, replying, "They are unhappy with everything I do, " some were against his marriage, most against his decision to lower taxes and all against his belief in equality. Yet, he did not care - the crown was rich enough after his efforts to restore the land and he didn't need them to fund what he believed to be right, "...but perhaps they would be glad at least that you are Scottish girl I am speaking with."
Back to top Go down
Isabel Hamilton
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Hamilton

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Harrow Tavern   The Golden Harrow Tavern - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 9:49 pm

I waved my hand dismissively as I noticed a faint scar on his forehead. Intensively I let ny finger poke it a couple of times before letting my hand drop to the table. "How did you get this lightening strike across your forehead." I didn't have any scars just freckles tons and tons of freckles. As I drank my weight in ale I nodded when he spoke about his council they reminded me of black ravens picking at him and every little thing he did. I did spit my ale out at his last comment it sounded like some where against his marriage. "I know what will cheer you up sadly we don't have a quil does your hat have a feather."
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Harrow Tavern   The Golden Harrow Tavern - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 10:00 pm

He blinked as her finger touched the scar above his brow, keeping his eyes closed until she removed her hand. Her finger was a little cold but gentle. It was a small graze, no bigger than an inch, but he remembered the shock of the injury. It was from his first fight, the blood drawn by his step-father's dagger. It was tangible evidence of the regents treason and so James was - in some way - glad of the cut, it was more of an excuse to banish him.

"Well," he began and finished his cup of ale, "I was sixteen. It was my first fight - proper fight...that I won," he said with a proud smile, "But that is the smallest of my scars...I have a few more impressive grazes."

Wide eyed as she spat out the ale he laughed - a hearty chuckle and collected his hat for her - dropping it into her lap as he filled his cup. There was something so natural about how she acted - there was no pretence or act, her courage and humour matched any man, "Take the feather," he replied - wondering what she may come up with.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Hamilton
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Hamilton

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Harrow Tavern   The Golden Harrow Tavern - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 10:09 pm

He also had a mole on the inner side of his right cheek I gently gave that a small prod too. "I have no battlefield scars to show how long is your biggest scar and where " I giggled while wriggling my eyebrows. Plucking the feather from the hat I then placed his hat on my head I fixed it so I could still see him. "If we had ink then this would work but we'll have to make do. Take the end of the feather and drag it across freckle to freckle on my face. It was something that my brothers came up with."
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Harrow Tavern   The Golden Harrow Tavern - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 10:19 pm

He held his hand seemingly upon his heart, touching just below his shoulder, "Here," he replied deeply, "It still sometimes pains me but it is only a year old. It will heal with time."

He grinned - brightly, his quick and youthful grin as she put his hat on. A little too big but - in a way - she suited it very well. It cast a shadow over her face and so her pale skin looked a little darker, but he could still discern the glint in her eyes.

He took the feather and tapped it against her jaw so she would move her head a little to the side, brushing aside a stray hair that tumbled over her face. Then James traced gentle from the corner of her eye, past one freckle - over another on her cheek and then settled at the corner of her mouth, "Orion's belt," he said playfully with a chuckle, noting the three freckles were in a perfectly straight line - just like the constellation.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Hamilton
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Hamilton

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Harrow Tavern   The Golden Harrow Tavern - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 10:28 pm

My hand reached out to touch it and run my fingers gently against it. I wanted to study it; to get a feel of what it felt like to have a scar that close to something delicate. I relaxed in my chair noting the effect the feather had on me. It made me giggle at first making my face scrunch up with laughter. His ale breath filled my nose a relaxing effect the smell had on me. Like it clung to my skin like sweet thick honey. "You have done this before or should I say done something with a feather before."
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Harrow Tavern   The Golden Harrow Tavern - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 7:12 am

"Perhaps," he replied playfully, his dark eyes flashing from her cheek to her eyes - catching her gaze. He remembered one particular night in Edinburgh a few months before Mary arrived. A night that slipped into drowsy days - James - quite unaware of himself - leaned closer as he recalled the memory. The glint in his eyes and smirk pulling on the corner of his lips gave away the secret.

"But I cannot give away all my secrets," he said with a chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Hamilton
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Hamilton

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Harrow Tavern   The Golden Harrow Tavern - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 7:29 am

"Tell me more." I tilted my head to the side the feel of the feather had caused the hairs on my arms to stand on end. It was safe to say I had never experienced this feeling before like galaxies colliding together that was all I had to compare it to. If it was his hand that was to touch me then I was certain my body would explode into a million glistening pieces.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Harrow Tavern   The Golden Harrow Tavern - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 5:49 pm

He smiled gently as she tipped her head to the side, her hair tumbling over her shoulder. She looked calmer than he had seen her before almost as if she were asleep. He brushed the feather over her bottom lip, tapping it upon her forehead after he did, "Nay. You know far too many of my secrets. I cannot seem to guard myself my mind in your company...and I know so very little of yours."
Back to top Go down
Isabel Hamilton
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Hamilton

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Harrow Tavern   The Golden Harrow Tavern - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 6:07 pm

To just look at him made my eyes shy. I placed the hat on the table as I fixed my hair. The muggy weather did not call for hair to be stuck at my neck like a sweaty leech. I put my hands up defensively at his last words. "Not my fault if I make ye feel as though you can pour out your secrets to me as fast as quick sand! What would I do with them anyway; use them for ammunition. I'm not like that at all." I gently nudged him in the leg trying to think of what I could tell him as a secret. "I don't have any secrets to tell."
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Harrow Tavern   The Golden Harrow Tavern - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 6:11 pm

"Come now," he said with a grin, leaning back into his chair. He was not sure if it was the wine...or her company, but he was content. Indeed, he could very well have crawled beside her and fallen asleep. None the less, his mischief kept him quite awake, "I am sure you must have one thing you can confess."

He returned her touch, gently nudging his knee against her leg in jest, "As your King," he said roguishly - a playful glint in his eyes, "I command you to tell me ."
Back to top Go down
Isabel Hamilton
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Hamilton

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Harrow Tavern   The Golden Harrow Tavern - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 6:23 pm

It was nost definitely the wine and ale that made him comfortable in my presence; he wasn't this comfortable back at the palace all those days ago. "I used to spend my childhood in Devilla Forest as a wee girl; and it was their when I may of asked my friend to show me what the male species looks like." I covered my face with my hand as my cheeks burned as red as a dragon flame.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Harrow Tavern   The Golden Harrow Tavern - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 6:29 pm

James laughed a hearty chuckle at her confession. He wasn't exactly surprised - she was not a cosseted innocent, she was worldly wise and he admired her for this. It would not be easy for a woman to educate themselves the way in which she clearly had.

"Spare your blushes, Isabel," he said with a warm smile and prized her hands away from her flushed cheeks, "Go on...finish your story...did he consent to your request?"
Back to top Go down
Isabel Hamilton
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Hamilton

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Harrow Tavern   The Golden Harrow Tavern - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 6:36 pm

"Yes he did we were 6 at the time and that is the only time I have seen one." I giggled as I covered my face with my hand again. That was something you didn't tell a person everyday. "I was very curious of things and that is that. Except for another time and your ears shall not hear of it."
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Harrow Tavern   The Golden Harrow Tavern - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 7:27 pm

He smiled to himself, he had imagined it was a recent event and didn't consider that it was a childhood memory - confined in the past.

"And you still remember?" he retorted teasingly with a wink, "He must have made a very...sizeable impression upon your young and innocent mind. Do you still know the boy now?"

Back to top Go down
Isabel Hamilton
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Hamilton

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Harrow Tavern   The Golden Harrow Tavern - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 7:38 pm

"How can anyone forget we were both 6 so size has nothing to do without it was just curiosity." I shrugged as I drunk from my jug. I had always been curious person it was part of who I was and I couldn't change that about me. "Nah he moved to Aberdeenshire I think I might've scared him can't think why. I have a request do you think we could meet with out alcohol next time." He didn't and wouldn't know it but I wanted to see if we could get along without a drink needed.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Harrow Tavern   The Golden Harrow Tavern - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 8:22 pm

He smirked, he envied the freedom she seemed to have in her childhood. The careless moments like that - amongst children of her own age. His play fellows had been in his mind and it was only in his early teenage years that he formed any relationships beyond the palace walls - of course, all a secret from his step-father but he remained close to those who helped him escape confinement.

"When we next meet I shall be as sober as nun," he said with a playful chuckle, "I'll only offer you tea," he added teasingly.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Hamilton
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Hamilton

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Harrow Tavern   The Golden Harrow Tavern - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 8:48 pm

"Right I had best let you go home for the night. I actually have lodgings here." Gathering our jugs I placed them back at the bar; my attention now focused on the fireplace. Taking the stoker I poked the remaining flames until they had all blown out for the night.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Harrow Tavern   The Golden Harrow Tavern - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 10:11 pm

James stood up, feeling the familiar drowsiness of a night well spent. He was still content in her company; none the less, he would not over stay his welcome. He walked over to the bar, his constant smile upon his lips as he approached her, "I've been very glad of your company tonight, Isabel," he replied sincerely.

He touched his hand between her shoulder blades tentatively, "Tomorrow, at the palace," he said and added playfully, "Or I will send the guard out for you."
Back to top Go down
Isabel Hamilton
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Hamilton

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Harrow Tavern   The Golden Harrow Tavern - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 10:23 pm

"No don't do that otherwise I shall never speak with you again." Somethings needed to take time and I wasn't particularly sure I was ready to go back to the palace as of yet. I blew out the remaining candles that were scattered among the place. "Safe travels back to the palace your majesty." I crossed my arms over my waist as my bones called for bed.
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Harrow Tavern   The Golden Harrow Tavern - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 10:32 pm

He nodded obligingly and collected his hat, leaving his cloak slung over her shoulders and placing the feather into her hand. He felt unusually meancholy, rarely did he cut off evenings like this before sunrise. He and his friends would stay up until the starlings twittered in the trees or would fall asleep into a drunken stupor. Yet this felt like a very definite end and a very formal goodbye.

He nodded his head respectfully before putting on his cap, hoping in earnest that she would come to him, "Be safe, Isabel," he said deeply and moved away from her.

Then - with a sigh - left the tavern. He met his friend outside and said goodbye for the evening, telling him that Isabel was now quite alone and his watch over her could begin.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Hamilton
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Hamilton

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Harrow Tavern   The Golden Harrow Tavern - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 11:01 pm

"Same for you no fights on the way back and don't fall into any hedges." I called out before shutting the doors. I could call after him it was what my instincts wanted me to do yet; I kept forgetting that he was a king. Slouching down to my lodgings I hung his cloak up placing the feather on top. Looking at the cloak made something stir in me I wasn't sure what. Acting on a whim I ran back up the stairs; which proved tricky with my lantern. I opened the doors feeling the night air gently against my skin the insects talking to one another. In the most loudest of voice I could I called for him. "James."
Back to top Go down
James Stuart of Scotland
King of Scotland
James Stuart of Scotland

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Harrow Tavern   The Golden Harrow Tavern - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 11:11 pm

James was halfway down the street, walking in a surprisingly straight line for one who had drank as much as he. He hummed a tune to himself, walking with one hand in his pocket and the other upon the stock of his musket. There was a slight drizzle of rain but he paid no mind, the tavern was warm and it was a pleasant relief.

He was suddenly surprised by Isabel's voice calling out for him. He turned around and noticed her running towards him, "Did you miss me that much?" he asked teasingly and took a few paces towards her.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Hamilton
Lady-in-waiting
Isabel Hamilton

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Harrow Tavern   The Golden Harrow Tavern - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2015 11:16 pm

"Yes so stay." I managed to say inbetween breaths as I noticed that he could walk in a straight line. "I want you to stay." I seemed to of missed him when he wasn't around and I wasn't really sure why I would feel like this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Harrow Tavern   The Golden Harrow Tavern - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Golden Harrow Tavern
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Tudors World :: SCOTLAND :: Stirling-
Jump to: