The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Letter to Anthony Denny

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Abigail Denny
Nurse
Abigail Denny

Letter to Anthony Denny Empty
PostSubject: Letter to Anthony Denny   Letter to Anthony Denny I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 3:50 pm

Brother Anthony,

I hope that you are in the happiest of spirits when this letter comes to you. I am now at court with my own treatment room it's rather splendid. I thought it best not to stay on with you as I know how important it is for you to bond with Joan. I bet the weather in cornwall shall be rather fine, especially on the cliffs. I hope I can settle down in court I feel a very long way from home.

Regards,

Abigail Denny.
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Gentleman of the Privy Chamber
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Letter to Anthony Denny   Letter to Anthony Denny I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 4:43 pm

Dearest Abby,

My spirits have considerably darkened since your leaving. Naturally, the abscence of your good cheer has dulled the mood at Chavenage but I owe the somber cloud almost entirely to Joan. Sister, I call upon your advice. I fear I have made her terribly unhappy but I cannot understand why nor place any occasion I have mistreated her. She returned her engagement ring and her current whereabouts are a mystery to me.

I hope you are well in court. As I have no cause to remain here I am leaving today to return to Whitehall and so perhaps I may see you again soon.

Anthony
Back to top Go down
Abigail Denny
Nurse
Abigail Denny

PostSubject: Re: Letter to Anthony Denny   Letter to Anthony Denny I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 10:14 pm

Dearest Brother,

I am rather stunned to hear that as I thought that you two rather suited each other. An arranged marriage is a rather big step to make for one so young. Court is full of women and I'm rather worried you shall be tempted by it's offerings. Their is always a solution to an situation I hope that she see sense and returns to you soon. It's rather worrying knowing that she might be out their on her own. I'll await for your arrival at court Brother.

Your loving sister,

Abby
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Letter to Anthony Denny   Letter to Anthony Denny I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 11:14 pm

Dear Abby,

She returned to court.

I didn't expect it at all. To be frank, I don't even know if I wanted her to return. I had planned to live hedonistically for a while and try forget her - but that shall not happen now. Abby, I married her. I apologise firstly to you for not extending an invitation. It was rushed, a decision made in haste and yet, there was no passion or giggles. It was a sombre occasion indeed.

I have been honest with her, Abby. You'll know that I have never been so committed to a girl as I am to her but she seems to take my emotions and feelings for granted - nothing but scurf. I don't know how we proceed from here - I tried but I am now weary. I feel like I have been married a decade. Why should I continually express my feelings when hers change so quickly - with neither rhyme nor reason. I love her - I have finally admitted it but I wonder if it is enough for her.

Perhaps, dearest, you may talk with her. You have a gentle heart and never have I heard an unkind word from your mouth. I hope you are enjoying nursing in court and you are convinced you shall not stray into the danger of the battlefield.

Anthony
Back to top Go down
Abigail Denny
Nurse
Abigail Denny

PostSubject: Re: Letter to Anthony Denny   Letter to Anthony Denny I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 1:34 pm

Anthony,

Why on earth would you marry a woman who treats your feelings as such? Their is a court full of women yet you decided to marry one which sinks you into what sounds like depression. It's a tragedy- that you dear brother- have commited yourself for life. You could of spoken to father- he would of at least understood the predicament you are in. Such fools you both are you I wish you well in this adventure.

Your sister,
Abigail
Back to top Go down
Anthony Denny
Anthony Denny

PostSubject: Re: Letter to Anthony Denny   Letter to Anthony Denny I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 6:01 pm

Dear Abby,

Please can we meet? I do not know what I have done. For now, I've left her to her own devices. I've wandered about but I am in need of a friendly ear. I shall wait on the balcony in the Great Hall...I hope I will see you soon.

Your loving brother,

Anthony
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letter to Anthony Denny   Letter to Anthony Denny I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Letter to Anthony Denny
Page 1 of 1