The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Queen Katherine's Living Room

Go down 
+5
Emma Moore
Katherine of Aragon
Edward Craven
Diane de Poitiers
Lorenzo Campeggio
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Lorenzo Campeggio
Bishop of Winchester
Lorenzo Campeggio

Queen Katherine's Living Room Empty
PostSubject: Queen Katherine's Living Room   Queen Katherine's Living Room I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 1:52 pm

Queen Katherine's Living Room La%20chambre%20de%20la%20chatelain
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Living Room   Queen Katherine's Living Room I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 3:16 pm

I am ushered to Her Majesties living quarters with my brother, Edward. My delicate hand gently rests on top of his as he guides me through court. We have been here for the same mount of time but already he know the similar corridors in court and I still seem to loose myself.

We finally arrive outside her living quarters. He wishes me well and then leaves. I enter her living quarters as a servant announces my arrival. I bow deeply as I see Her Majesty,"Su Majestad,"I know a little Spanish-I hope this will please her...
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Living Room   Queen Katherine's Living Room I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 3:19 pm

Edward guided his sister through court-already familiar with the corridors. He knew his way through court well and thought it only good and proper to accompany his sister to Her Majesty to begin waiting upon her.

He knew that his sister would thrive in The Queens household-she was talented and modest.
Eventually they arrived. He wished her luck and left her-hoping greatly she would do well...
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Dowager Princess of Wales
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Living Room   Queen Katherine's Living Room I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 8:40 pm

"Arr lady Elizabeth, I heard of your coming into my service only this morning. I pray you to tell me who may I ask appointed you?"
I see she is very young and beautiful. She has grown up a lot in this past few years. I remember her as a child. We met when the court was on progress through England. I know she is of an old noble birth, but I can't help but wonder if she is here for lady Anne ? Will she be my lady and her family support me?

Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Living Room   Queen Katherine's Living Room I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 1:47 pm

I bow deeply as she speaks with me,"Your Majesty, my father secured my position in your household."

I speak softly but feel at ease as she seems kind. A distant memory of her still lingers on in my mind from when I was but a child.
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Living Room   Queen Katherine's Living Room I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 8:15 pm

Smiling at her, I believe her. I hold my hand out for her to take it. She does so and I take us to the seats by the fire, and we sit. "Lady Craven, what do people call you? These days I remember you used to be little Lizzie. But the evidence that you are no longer little is that you are now in my service.."
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Living Room   Queen Katherine's Living Room I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 8:20 pm

I smile and place my hand gently in hers as she guides me over to seating by her warm fire. Naturally she takes the higher seat and I sit on a lower but still comfortable stool beside her.

"Su majestad recuerdas,"I whisper smiling fondly,"I am still called Lizzie by my family and some friends of my family too. An affectionate name my father devised and it has not seemed to fade..."

I frown a little knowing of his ill health...
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Living Room   Queen Katherine's Living Room I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 12:58 pm

Smiling "Come, lady Lizzy... let's go and meet some of the other ladies, Let's introduce you to make new friends. You are most welcome here at court.."
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Living Room   Queen Katherine's Living Room I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 1:00 pm

I smile warmly,"I thank Your Majesty but first...if I may my lady. I have something I must tell you, a secret..."
Back to top Go down
Emma Moore
Lady-in-waiting
Emma Moore

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Living Room   Queen Katherine's Living Room I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 1:15 pm

Candace entered the chamber and she bowed deeply

"Your Majesty, do you have a request?"
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Living Room   Queen Katherine's Living Room I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 6:42 pm

I look up and frown a little at the interruption however it must be expected-Her Majesty has many ladies. What I must tell her is for her ears alone.

I smile weakly as the lady hoping Her Majesty will say she does not need anything presently. I may not have another chance to tell her...
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Living Room   Queen Katherine's Living Room I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 11:32 am

Looking to the door, I rise
"Ahrr... lady Candace Moore! Please, welcome my new lady. The lady Elizabeth Craven... she is the daughter of a good friend of mine. I would like you Candace to look after Elizabeth and keep her from harms way"
I know by this comment lady Candace will know what I mean. She will know to ensure to stay away from Anne Boleyn and her poisonous family
"But for now, Lady Candace, I am perfectly alright. But I feel a little chill, and I feel I shall go out for a walk. May you go and fetch my brown cloak? I do believe it may still be stored in dressing rooms.."
I know these rooms are far away, and me and Elizabeth will have time to talk before she returns
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Living Room   Queen Katherine's Living Room I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 11:56 am

I smile and nod at the pretty lady in waiting, as Her Majesty asks her to leave I bow my head and then turn to The Queen. I lower my voice,"Your Majesty...I must tell you that the cardinal Wolsey ordered me to spy on you and your ladies. To report anything to him that may favour the Lady Anne Boleyn in her...matter with His Majesty. I agreed but not with my heart- my loyalty is to you, Your Majesty. I swear upon the damnation of my soul that I shall never betray you..."
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Living Room   Queen Katherine's Living Room I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 5:44 pm

"I am well aware Wolsey has been doing this to my ladies, but i was so shocked and surprised.." That a this girl, so new to court could be so wise and daring in enlightening me of this? I get up and look out of the window, then I turn to her take her by the hands and hug her,tears flowing down my cheek

“thank you, thank you so much”

I whisper in her ear, then letting go of her whipping my eyes I sit down beside where she was sat before I hugged her

“I am sorry I do not mean to startle you, Lady Elizabeth you are now one of may closest friends and Ladies I know I can trust you, I thank you with all my heart that you have told me all this and I bless you for the courage you showed in coming and telling me this, and I will pray for you for you are the angel god has sent me, I was feeling so alone and then you arrived I feel blessed. please how may I repay you for your goodness ?"

I talk to her with such love smiling i know i have a new friend

Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Living Room   Queen Katherine's Living Room I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 6:46 pm

I smile,"Your Gracious Majesty I need no thanks...to merely serve you as a true and loyal servant is enough."

I know The Queen is ever good and I shall strive to ensure her happiness and pleasure in all my endeavours...
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Living Room   Queen Katherine's Living Room I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 7:05 pm

"Lizzie, for I know now that you are my most trusted friend, and I beg you never leave me. For now I have been given someone to help and support me. Who I know i can trust? I take it your family know of what you were asked, and they feel the same as you?"
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Living Room   Queen Katherine's Living Room I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 7:10 pm

I frown a little,"Yes Your Majesty... My father in particular was a great supporter to your cause. But he... He died this Christmas tide...I hope he would have been proud of my efforts."
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Living Room   Queen Katherine's Living Room I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 7:21 pm

"I am very sorry, my dear. I did not know. I will pray for his soul, and I am sure that he would be proud of you for so am I. You are very brave to come here and tell me all this, but I thank you.."

I take her by the hand and squeeze it tightly

"You must come and meet my sister, sometime we talk every day in my bed chambers. She will be so happy to meet you. Lizzie... there is something I must ask of you though. I must ask you to find out who else among my ladies and people at court who is for my course. But we must do this without causing suspicion among the Boleyn's and Wolsey"
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Living Room   Queen Katherine's Living Room I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 7:28 pm

I smile warmly,"I thank your majesty and... If I may suggest, so as to not alert the cardinal Wolsey perhaps I should report a false truth to him- to give him no cause for suspicion. And of course Your Majesty it would bring me great pleasure and joy to meet your sister..."
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Living Room   Queen Katherine's Living Room I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 10:10 pm

"My dearest Lizzie, that is a fantastic idea. But don't go to him too often or he may suspect something.." I think I hear Lady Moore coming back. "Are you prepared for the cold, or would you like to borrow something to wrap up in?"
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Living Room   Queen Katherine's Living Room I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 10:26 pm

"Of course Your Majesty and I will only visit him upon your command."

I then look up as I hear Lady Candace return,"Yes Your Majesty I have a cloak...I fear yours would be far beyond my deserving."

I bow my head respectfully and graciously ...
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Living Room   Queen Katherine's Living Room I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 11:45 am

"Lizzie, nothing is beyond your deserving, for you have no idea how much in your short time you have pleased me. You have given me a beam of hope, you are the flame of my candle guiding me in my way. I only wish that I could somehow repay your family, and yourself. You have shown such bravery and strength, and I will never forget what you have done for me.."
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Living Room   Queen Katherine's Living Room I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 11:55 am

I smile warmly at her kind words,"I thank Your Majesty most humbly from the bottom of my heart although I must assure you my actions were not for praise nor for signs of gratification... They were only because of my loyalty and great devotion I owe to Your Majesty. Never the less I thank Your Gracious Majesty for your kindness..."
Back to top Go down
Katherine of Aragon
Katherine of Aragon

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Living Room   Queen Katherine's Living Room I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 2:00 pm

"I know, my dear... I know. And I am happy you are here. Now come, tell me... have you met many people here at court?"
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Living Room   Queen Katherine's Living Room I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 2:27 pm

I smile and nod, then reply softly,"I must confess not many, Your Majesty. I have been unsure as to who I should speak with as... Well I am aware of some of the corrupt courtiers... I did meet a man who did show an ... An affection for me but he was unusual in his ways and I have not seen him for a long time. Now my father is dead I know it is now my brothers responsibility to choose whom I will marry..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Queen Katherine's Living Room   Queen Katherine's Living Room I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Queen Katherine's Living Room
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next