The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Thomas Howard's Study

Go down 
+3
Mary Dawn
Mary Boleyn
Muriel Howard
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

Thomas Howard's Study - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thomas Howard's Study   Thomas Howard's Study - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 8:35 am

"You are welcome my dear and when you return I have someone who want's to meet you".

As I turn I ask my servant to watch her closely.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Howard's Study   Thomas Howard's Study - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 8:36 am

"I hope you enjoy your visit to your mother as well my dear".
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Howard's Study   Thomas Howard's Study - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 2:41 pm

His words make her ask at once, "who wants to meet me?" She frowned as she knew he was probably going to be watching her again.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Howard's Study   Thomas Howard's Study - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 12:50 pm

I turn and talk to my daughter: " Mary have you ever heard of John More because he has offered his hand in marriage to you?"
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Howard's Study   Thomas Howard's Study - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 5:58 pm

"John More? Is he related to Sir Thomas More?" Mary asked him curiously. She had never heard of John More and she wondered how he knew her.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Howard's Study   Thomas Howard's Study - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 11:44 am

" John More is the son of Sir Thomas More my dear and he is a Lawyer and he noticed you when you went to Whitehall and he came to me and asked if he could meet you my dear" and he is fluent in Spanish but struggles a bit with English because he has been in Spain for too long".

" Would you like me to arrange a meeting Mary"?
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Howard's Study   Thomas Howard's Study - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 8:02 pm

Mary tried to remember if she had ever seen this man but nothing came to mind but obviously she must have made some kind of impression on him. "I will have to brush up on my spanish but yes I would like very much to meet him. I will not consent to marry any man without meeting him first."
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Howard's Study   Thomas Howard's Study - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 12:33 pm

" Great my dear I will let him know imediately he will be very grateful and his conversation will start in Spanish and you just try to follow my dear ok and where do you wish for him to meet you?"
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Howard's Study   Thomas Howard's Study - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 7:53 pm

"Thank you Father and I would be willing to meet him anywhere that he can." Mary told him and then she looked over at her Father, "how soon will be you be getting married again?"
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Howard's Study   Thomas Howard's Study - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 5:52 pm

"I shall inform him soon".

"I hope to get married soon".
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Howard's Study   Thomas Howard's Study - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 11:30 pm

"Thank you Father and I hope that all goes well so you can marry as soon as you wish." Mary told him with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Howard's Study   Thomas Howard's Study - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 10:56 am

"Thanks my dear daughter. I hope you like John More".
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Howard's Study   Thomas Howard's Study - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 6:05 pm

Mary nodded to her father. In her mind she wanted to try to embrace this possible arrangement. She knew that one day she would have to marry but Francis. He haunted her mind and all her memories of him made her want to cry for the pain of missing him. She hated that she had been so naive to think that she might have meant something to him, that he might have cared for her more than just a lady to warm his bed. The more she thought about marriage the more she thought about him and now she was fervantly hoping that perhaps John might be someone that she could truly care for.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Howard's Study   Thomas Howard's Study - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 10:51 am

"My precious daughter my lord John is willing to see you in your chambers at Whitehall and your mother is waiting for you there as well. " If you agree to this marriage I will let you see Francis".
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Howard's Study   Thomas Howard's Study - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 2:05 am

"Then I shall travel to Whitehall to meet him and Mother." Mary said at once but then looked at her Father with surprise. "Why would you let me see Francis?"
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Howard's Study   Thomas Howard's Study - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 11:28 am

" Because my dear daughter I know you miss him and want to be with him but I cannot allow you to marry him because you might deceive me again and so if you are willing you can marry John More and keep Francis as a dear friend and I hope you enjoy your visit to Whitehall."

" I will be there Mary so do not do anything out of order".
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Howard's Study   Thomas Howard's Study - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 8:08 pm

Her Father knew her so well. Missing Francis was a pain that she felt daily but to be with him but not able to touch him, to hold him or to kiss him would be impossible. She was grateful that her Father understood her pain but how could this ever work? "I will promise to do my best not to deceive you again and I doubt Francis would want to marry me. He deserves a great woman, not just a silly girl." She said softly trying hard not to picture him in her mind and the last time they were together...that could not be the last time she was feeling love, that thought depressed her at once.

She nodded to her Father once more then turned to leave.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Howard's Study   Thomas Howard's Study - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 11:04 am

" I hope so my dear and I will grant my favourite daughter lands if she agrees to marry John More and I am sure Francis will understand".
Back to top Go down
Mary Howard
Duchess of Richmond
Mary Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Howard's Study   Thomas Howard's Study - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 2:18 am

"Thank you Father.". Mary smiled at him then left the room.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Howard's Study   Thomas Howard's Study - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 12:27 pm

"You may do anything but marry him my dear.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Stafford Howard
3rd Duchess of Norfolk
Elizabeth Stafford Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Howard's Study   Thomas Howard's Study - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 6:59 am

I arrive back from a busy trip and go and see my husband.

"Thomas my husband you wanted to see me"
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Howard's Study   Thomas Howard's Study - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 12:42 pm

"Elizabeth I see you have returned and I need to speak to you about our daughter Mary's marriage.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Howard's Study   Thomas Howard's Study - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 12:40 pm

I announce to the servant of the lady Middlesson journey here and I prepare glasses of ale and prepare the room ready to see her.
Back to top Go down
Ursula Misseldon
Lady-in-waiting
Ursula Misseldon

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Howard's Study   Thomas Howard's Study - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 12:55 pm

I had traveled to Norfolk from Scotland, I held in my hand a parchment from Norfolk telling he wanted to see me, I was not sure why he wanted me here and the curiosity got the better of me.

I was announced in " Lady Misseldon Is here "
Back to top Go down
Thomas Howard
3rd Duke of Norfolk
Thomas Howard

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Howard's Study   Thomas Howard's Study - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 12:35 pm

Please do come in my lady.

Here have a glass of ale.

How are you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Howard's Study   Thomas Howard's Study - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thomas Howard's Study
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next