The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Wolsey's reception room

Go down 
+5
Jane Craven
Royce Westmoreland
Edward Craven
Diane de Poitiers
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

Wolsey's reception room Empty
PostSubject: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 4:56 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Cardinal Thomas Wolsey on Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 7:51 pm

I walk to Cardinal Wolsey's public reception room alone feeling nervous. I have heard of his ruthless nature.

I finally arrive at his room and fix my hair in place so I look presentable and elegant. I pinch my cheeks so I have a little colour on my face. As I approach closer a servant walks to me and asks me if I am here to speak with The Cardinal.

"I wish to have an audience with His Eminence,"

The servant nods and once I tell him my name he enters the room. I hear him from outside,"The Viscountess Elizabeth Craven,"
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 9:36 pm

Wolsey sits in the audience room, feeling restless since he just had a talk with some clothing retailers, complaining about the trade with the Low Lands. Trade had come to a standstill due to the Spanish domination and they were not able to sell their clothes or to buy wool anymore.

He shakes his head and takes a sip of water when a servant comes in and announces a lady.
He gestures to let her in and when she enters, he stands up and looks at her, curious about the reason for her arrival.

'Viscountess... lady Craven, nice to meet you, please sit down.'What can i do for you?' he smiles friendly at her.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 9:41 pm

I bow deeply as I see the Cardinal, almost kneeling. I then rise and walk a little closer.

As I become closer I bow again, but not as deeply.

"Your Eminence...I am here to inquire about being a lady for Her Majesty..."
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 10:19 pm

Wolsey sits down again, nodding at her.
'A lady in waiting for her Majesty, well, you've come to the right place, indeed!

A servant pours some water in a glass and puts it before her on the table, quietly, and disappears again.

Wolsey looks at her, his first impression is positive, she seems to be a respectable lady, knowing her manners. He puts his elbows on the table and his fingertips together.

Well then, would you please tell me something about yourself, my lady?
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 10:26 pm

"I have just came to court Your Eminence, with my brother. We ...my brother and I lived in a castle near Wolfhall, the Lady Jane Seymours home, and I do believe she is a lady-in-waiting for Her Majesty also..."

I feel a little nervous around him. However I know he always strives to do good for His Majesty and his realm...
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 7:21 pm

Wolsey looks approvingly at her, then realizes that she is still standing.

'Please, my lady, sit down and take some water if you want... well, you lived near the Seymours, then. You are a lucky lady then, since the surroundings are beautiful there! And yes, lady Jane is also a lady-in-waiting for Her Majesty. So I assume you are aware of the conditions and the requirements for this most honorable position? '

He leans back in his chair, seemingly relaxed but curious about her reaction.

Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 7:26 pm

I carefully sit down.

"Yes Your Eminence. I am aware of Her Majesty's requirements for her ladies. Being good, honest, discreet and thrifty...amongst other things..."
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 9:11 pm

Wolsey nods at her in agreement.

' Yes, yes, indeed, you mention a lot of requirements amongst others. I consider to hire you, my lady, but there is a condition I need you to accept or it can't take place, even though I would regret it.'

He looks at her with inquiring eyes.

' But first tell me, my lady, who deserves your absolute loyalty in this Kingdom?'
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 9:15 pm

"Their Gracious Majesties, Your Eminence, have my absolute loyalty,"

I know he will soon ask if I chose His Majesty or The Queen...
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 12:22 pm

Wolsey smiles friendly at her though he frowns at the same time.
' You are absolutely right, my lady, both Our Majesties deserve our full loyalty! That is why I have to ask you to be a good and loyal servant to Her Majesty and also I need you to visit me on a regular base and tell me everything what happens in Her Majesty's quarters!'

He looks right at her.
' Are you willing to cooperate with me in the interest of both our Majesties?'
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 4:04 pm

Wolsey waits for her reply, but when that is not forthcoming, he sighs. Under the table he is drumming impatiently on his leg; why does it take so long for her to answer a simple question?

He rice from his chair, smiling affable.
' Well, my lady, I can tell you need some time to reconsider my proposal. I recommend you to think about it properly and if you accept, I'll be most pleased to see you back here... if not, I wish you good luck to find another job!'

He nods at her as a sign that the conversation has finished and she leaves the room quickly.
He shakes his head and walks to the window, staring outside for the short break he has before someone else needs his attention.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 9:21 pm

Knocking on the door not to sure what to say or how he will react stands nevously at the door waiting to be called forward
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 10:15 pm

A servant announces lady Elizabeth Smith and Wolsey wakes up from his thoughts and turns around.
He gestures to let her enter.

' Lady... Elizabeth Smith?' he smiles friendly at her.
' Nice to meet you, I think we've never met before! Please, take a seat.'
He notices how nervous she is, but ignores it since most people are nervous when they meet him for the first time.

He sits down himself.
' Well, what can I do for you, lady Elizabeth?' he asks curious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 6:40 pm

Sorry for coming in no i do not think we have met before. I needed to talk with someone, and i only could think off you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 6:41 pm

Sorry for coming in no i do not think we have met before. I needed to talk with someone, and i only could think off you.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 7:24 pm

Wolsey nods understandingly at her and puts his elbows on the table, his fingertips together.
' You've certainly come to the right place, my lady! Just tell me what's on your mind, or maybe I can offer you a drink first? Some water or fruit juice...'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 7:30 pm

some fruit juice be fine thank you, i suppose that you never heard about my sister being raped and then having the baby that she gave away.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 8:14 pm

While a servant brings fresh orange juice and a glass, Wolsey leans back, in thoughts.
He shakes his head and smiles encouraging at her.
' I'm sorry, lady Elizabeth, but I cant remember having heard about this... but perhaps you can tell me from the start... who is your sister and when has this taken place?'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 4:55 pm

Well my sister called Isabella it happened at court, my sister does not give out too much information about what happen.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 8:21 pm

He frowns and leans forward again.
' It happened here, at court? He shakes his head. ' When was it, my lady, because I never heard such a thing! Is she still at court and what happened to the men who... raped her? Were they cought and sent to trial?'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 9:40 am

It happen awhile ago, i do not know when i only turned up to seek revenge. My sister told me that the man had a scar.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 5:18 pm

Wolsey raises an eyebrow on her words and suppressed a laugh.
' You are here to seek revenge?

He shakes his head and continues.
' I don't think so, my lady, that's not the way we handle this kind of things, no matter what he - or they have done! She should go to the Star Chamber and talk to an officer who will help her find this man with his scar so he can be put to trial and if need be sent to the Tower!'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 9:33 pm

its too late for that, starts to break down crying. I seeked revenge its the same people that hurt Lady Anna Buckingham
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 8:34 am

Wolsey looks at her with horror as he tries to contain what she tells him.
When she starts to cry he stands up and walks over to her to hand her a handkerchief and put a hand on her shoulder to comfort her.
' My lady! What do you mean? It's never too late to...' he stops as he remembers a recent report of an officer about some men, found dead in the woods; massacred. And at least two of the men who attacked lady Stafford had escaped from the Tower, only a few days before these men were found.
He looks at her again, shaking his head, no no, that can't be!
' You... you went looking for them? You were... there when they got killed? Have you seen it all happen?' he asks, horrified.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolsey's reception room   Wolsey's reception room I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wolsey's reception room
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next