HomePortalRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Share | 

Courtyard

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Claude Valois
Queen of France

PostSubject: Courtyard   Wed May 25, 2016 7:51 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I stood in the courtyard and patiently waited for the gates to open, I could hear all the nobles and the ladies talking, they desperately wanted to Catch a glimpse of our visitor.

It has been so long since I last saw her, her letters were the only contact we had and even that was kept a secret, I had dreamed of this day for so many nights and now I can see her carriage, the gates were opening and the noble's, ladies and servants started to whisper and move closer to get a better look.

I moved a little closer, wanting to run to her but has a Queen I could not, I felt like a child again we had missed so much together and now she was finally home.
Back to top Go down
Renée of France
Duchess of Ferrara

PostSubject: Re: Courtyard   Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:12 am

The gates of the grand palace of Versailles stood as tall and proud since the last time I walked through them. Bittersweet memories stirred inside me like a tornado leaving me unable to carry on walking. I had been born a princess was forced to throw away my title like rubbish on the floor. So that the man marrying my sister could be king of France. Terrible things happened, I fled the life of grandeur finding myself not able to live in a country I loved so much.

All letters sent to my sister where done in secret in a bid to make her marriage not so complicated for her. We had been parted for so long that I felt like a deer lost without one's companionship. Now I have returned a young woman eager to be reunited with her beloved family. My carriage stopped a servant delivering a letter to the guards of my known arrival to those who needed to know. The thought of being in my sister company again made me grow impatient to see her all but once.

The gates being opened twinkled with gold illuminating light into all our eye's. They were made from pure gold a message to some of what luxuries were in store as they entered the palace. The horse was whipped my carriage moving forward people on the side moving back in awe. The sound of hooves echoed as they danced on the stone floor. Nothing in Versailles was simply it was grandness a place of true beauty leaving you wanting more.
Back to top Go down
Claude Valois
Queen of France

PostSubject: Re: Courtyard   Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:15 am

The carriage moved closer, the door men were waiting to open the carriage door, I felt so happy inside but still holding my Queen like composer. Our Guards were all around protecting the palace on the orders of my husband.
The carriage came to a soft holt and the doors opened, my ladies and men moved quickly to help my sister, I moved slowly forward and with a big smile on my face I waited.
Back to top Go down
Renée of France
Duchess of Ferrara

PostSubject: Re: Courtyard   Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:32 pm

I was glad to see only Claude and a few of her attendants standing there to greet me and not the entire court as this was such a personal meeting. I felt shaky unable to control my nerves as I was helped out of the carriage only when my feet touched the stone cobbled floor did I feel myself regain my strength. With each step I took it felt like time was slowing down like being stuck in mud trying to move, but being pulled under with every toss and turn of my movement.

"Your majesty"
Back to top Go down
Claude Valois
Queen of France

PostSubject: Re: Courtyard   Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:37 am

I watched as she slowly moved down each step, I moved a little more closer.

"Sister, welcome home"
Back to top Go down
Renée of France
Duchess of Ferrara

PostSubject: Re: Courtyard   Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:41 am

The words home had sounded new to me this place was no longer my home Naples was as it was there I was forced to make a new life for myself. Forced into a marriage to keep the peace between two nations that would never be able to find common ground for such peace. Yet in the company of my sister, I forced myself to smile even if it hurt my cheeks and would possibly crack the corner of my lips to do so.

"Claude you still haven't changed after all these years of us being separated how is Madeline and Henri. "

Back to top Go down
Claude Valois
Queen of France

PostSubject: Re: Courtyard   Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:45 pm

"Thank you Renee and I must say you are looking more beautiful then I remember." Folding my hands together in front of me.
"They are both well, thank you. Henri Is back from his many adventures and I am sure he will be glad to finally meet you, Madeline is also well."
Looking over to the carriage I see the men gathering Renee's things, turning my eyes again to Renee.
" Your chambers are ready and I have already had prepared some light refreshment, I am sure you must be feeling quite tired after your journey."
Back to top Go down
Renée of France
Duchess of Ferrara

PostSubject: Re: Courtyard   Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:18 pm

"No the journey was very easy sailing I slept most of it it was easy sailing.

I replied civilly, I had still not forgiven Claude for sending away her own sister just so she got to be a queen our parents would be ashamed of such behaviour if they were still here.
Back to top Go down
Claude Valois
Queen of France

PostSubject: Re: Courtyard   Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:46 pm

"I am so happy your journey was a pleasent one. I will have One of my ladies to show you to your chambers"
I could feel the tension between us, but in my heart I knew it was our fathers decision to make me Queen and it was not my doing, us women can not decide our fate that lays in our fathers hands alone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Courtyard   

Back to top Go down

Courtyard
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1