The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

The bathing garden

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Isabella of Portugal
Empress of Holy Roman Empire
Isabella of Portugal

The bathing garden Empty
PostSubject: The bathing garden   The bathing garden I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 6:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Isabella of Portugal
Isabella of Portugal

The bathing garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: The bathing garden   The bathing garden I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 7:02 pm

It was a hot and stifling day the Empress sat on the cold marble stone bathing her feet in the glistening waters below. Standing to her side a lady in waiting fanned the empress keeping her body cool and shaded from the fiery sun. Soon the Empress would have the company of one of her sister in laws a much loyal person than her own sister it seems.
Back to top Go down
Eleanor of Austria
Queen of France
Eleanor of Austria

The bathing garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: The bathing garden   The bathing garden I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 7:26 pm

Having had received a message to meet my sister in law in the bathing gardens I accepted without hesitation.
Making sure I looked presentable before I left I made my way the bathing garden. The suns rays were hot as I stepped out into the gardens, through the brightness of the sun I could see my sister in law being cooled by one of her ladies, I made my way to her and with a smile I dip into curtsy.
"Sister "
Back to top Go down
Isabella of Portugal
Isabella of Portugal

The bathing garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: The bathing garden   The bathing garden I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 7:33 pm

"Eleanor" The empress quickly dismissed her ladies in waiting so she could be alone with Eleanor. She embraced her sister in law with a kiss on either side of her cheek. "It is so good to see you my dear please come sit" The Empress was glad of the company that she now received. Long days and lonely nights left her in very bad spirits now Eleanor was here the Empress felt the veil of darkness being removed.
Back to top Go down
Eleanor of Austria
Queen of France
Eleanor of Austria

The bathing garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: The bathing garden   The bathing garden I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 8:02 pm

I waited as my sister in laws ladies quickly left, leaving us alone to talk privately.
Her embrace was warm and welcoming and something I had greatly missed. "I was so happy to receive your message "
I sat down beside Isabella and slowly removed my shoes, placing my toes gently into the water, I expected the water to be cold but the sun had warmed the water so it felt more like a warm bath.
"How have you been?"
Back to top Go down
Isabella of Portugal
Isabella of Portugal

The bathing garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: The bathing garden   The bathing garden I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2017 8:29 pm

The Empress mused over the question as her long fingers wrapped themselves around chunks of ice. She let them one by one slide down her hand, leaving a trail of clear water on her skin. One by one the ice chunks were dropped in bobbing at the top of the water surface all colliding into one. "Honestly more better for your company" The Empress smiled an honest smile, one that was only reserved for the special people in her life. "Charles and I have had our first child, a son Max he is to you'll meet him soon. Charles was in talks of going to England to demand the freedom of your aunt."
Back to top Go down
Eleanor of Austria
Queen of France
Eleanor of Austria

The bathing garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: The bathing garden   The bathing garden I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 1:51 pm

I watched as Isabella lets the ice chucks slide down her hand and drops quietly into water with a gentle splash as the ice lands in the water.
"I hope you are well looked after Isabella, well what I really mean is that I hope my brother is treating you well."
I move my small feet around in circles and make small waves in doing so causing the ice chunks to rock side to side. "Max what a wonderful name and he is already two, I have missed so much but I would be so very happy to finally having the opportunity to meet my nephew."
My face changes to a serious look as Isabella mentions my aunt. "Sister may I speak openly to you?"
Back to top Go down
Isabella of Portugal
Isabella of Portugal

The bathing garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: The bathing garden   The bathing garden I_icon_minitimeTue May 09, 2017 4:00 pm

The Empress was caught off guard by her sister in laws question. They may not have the most idyllic of marriages -- but they made it work for them. "In contrast dear Eleanor it could be a lot worse compared to others people's marriages. We are royalty marrying for love is simply out of the question. " Two years ago -- Isabella had opened her heart to loving a man -- a man that she was denied in marriage. She gave him her heart her soul everything she had to offer she was rewarded with a beautiful boy the only token of the fruits of their love. That love was soon cast away when is wife reappeared. So now Isabella made sure that Charles knew that Max was his even if he wasn't. This is what mothers do to protect their sons and a chance of still being an Empress. You may always speak to me Eleanor I will keep our conversations between us always."
Back to top Go down
Eleanor of Austria
Queen of France
Eleanor of Austria

The bathing garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: The bathing garden   The bathing garden I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2017 12:17 pm

I nodded with understanding as I was also waiting for what shall happen to my own future I felt like a pawn and I knew Charles would soon have to marry me off.
"Forgive me I asked such a personal question, maybe it’s because I am concerned about my next marriage," I know not what my brother had planned and whom I shall wed next.
A frown crosses my brow as I think to mention Katherine.
“What shall happen to my aunt?" Hoping no one was in earshot of me asking such a question.
Back to top Go down
Isabella of Portugal
Isabella of Portugal

The bathing garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: The bathing garden   The bathing garden I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2017 1:45 pm

The Empress took a deep breath -- turning to face her sister in law. Tough times had fallen upon this family all marriages seemed doomed to a life of despair and complete utter misery with no love. "We have tried for many years to bring Katherine home." It burned the empress deep inside to know that her fate might've ended up like Katherine's. Now she was even more determined to help her out even more. "Take comfort in knowing this sweetheart. If a country supports Henry Tudor and also claims to support Katherine that country cannot be trusted since they are playing on both sides. Just like people did with the war of the roses. We are a strong country, our family rule Portugal, Spain most of Europe, actually. You shall be married to a man who is a true supporter of Katherine and Mary." The empress tried to reassure her to the best of her ability -- but could see that Eleanors' mind was still troubled.
Back to top Go down
Eleanor of Austria
Queen of France
Eleanor of Austria

The bathing garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: The bathing garden   The bathing garden I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 5:22 pm

A flicker of anger was in the pit of my stomach, how someone could be so cruel to desert his one true wife and for some mistress and now who else will do the same it will spread like some plague, Kings could all now look to marry their mistress.
I listen as my sister in law spoke and nodded in understanding.
"Since my last husband, I knew it will be time to wed again but I do worry of whom my brother has lined up and if he will be kind like my last husband.” A flicker of our memories crossed my mind as I thought about Manuel.
"But it is my aunt that I worry most for and course for Mary, I had heard he is keeping them apart and that is most cruel and I do not think our lord would approve of such a thing, could he?“My eyes looked at my sister in law not sure if she would also know herself the answer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The bathing garden Empty
PostSubject: Re: The bathing garden   The bathing garden I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The bathing garden
Page 1 of 1