The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Queen Anne's receiving room

Go down 
+3
Mary Boleyn
William Pennington
Geoffrey Lonshord
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Margaret Wyatt
Lady-in-waiting
Margaret Wyatt

Queen Anne's receiving room - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queen Anne's receiving room   Queen Anne's receiving room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2021 7:24 pm

Margaret came back to Anne, since she received her letter. She curtsied deeply before her "Your Majesty.." She said lowering her eyes

Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen of England
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Queen Anne's receiving room   Queen Anne's receiving room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2021 7:05 am

"Margaret please do come in and sit down for I want to speak to you and I gather that you received my letter?
Back to top Go down
Margaret Wyatt
Lady-in-waiting
Margaret Wyatt

PostSubject: Re: Queen Anne's receiving room   Queen Anne's receiving room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2021 10:33 am

Margaret sat down and she nodded "Yes, Your Majesty. I have received your letter, and I came as soon as I could. Is there something I can do for you?" She asked
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen of England
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Queen Anne's receiving room   Queen Anne's receiving room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2021 8:21 pm

"Tell me have you received word from Queen Eleanor of France about my arrival there with Henry? The tailor did he inform you as to when my order will be ready? Tell me Margaret what colour do you think I should wear today the purple or the blue?
Back to top Go down
Margaret Wyatt
Lady-in-waiting
Margaret Wyatt

PostSubject: Re: Queen Anne's receiving room   Queen Anne's receiving room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2021 2:56 pm

Margaret nodded after Anne's words "Yes, Your Majesty. Queen Eleanor of France is waiting for your arrival in France. And about the tailor, he told me that your gown will be ready in few days. He is working day and night to serve you.." After Anne's question, Margaret took few steps towards her and took a purple gown from her bed. She also took a diadema and looked at Anne's image in the mirror "With your permission, Your Majesty...I suggest you to wear this purple gown with this diadema in your hairs of the same color. Your dark hairs would look much more brilliant. Especially if you put them on, leaving some falling on your right shoulder. I can help you with your hairs, if you wish, Your Majesty. Moreover, this gown will show your perfect figure...in spite of you gave birth since few weeks.."
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen of England
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Queen Anne's receiving room   Queen Anne's receiving room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2021 8:40 am

I looked up closely at Margaret then I smiled.

"That is most wonderful news Margaret that Queen Eleanor is waiting to receive us in France it will be such a wonderful moment to for it has been a while since I last visited France. A few days well that is quicker than I thought it would be he really works hard and as a sign of his good work I would like you when you collect my order from him to pay him two extra silver for his hard work. I say as I pick up the purple gown.

"The purple was the one I was thinking of too and your words towards me are so kind Margaret and there is no one else I would trust more than you to do my hairs so I thank you for this. I would like you to accompany me to France as well Margaret as you are my chief Lady in waiting.
Back to top Go down
Margaret Wyatt
Lady-in-waiting
Margaret Wyatt

PostSubject: Re: Queen Anne's receiving room   Queen Anne's receiving room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2021 12:41 pm

Margaret nodded "As you wish, Your Majesty. I'll pay him the amount you have decided for his work.." She smiled still looking at the mirror "Thank you for your trust, Your Majesty. I'll gladly accompany you to France. And of course, I'll take care of your hairs, jewels and gowns. Would you like wearing some gloves? The tailor showed me some very elegant.."
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen of England
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Queen Anne's receiving room   Queen Anne's receiving room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2021 8:17 pm

I sat in the chair at my desk as Margaret began to do my hairs for me.

"It has been so long since I last visited France and it will be so nice to go back there again. When the work is done Margaret the tailor shall receive the fee of 5 crowns for his work as he specially does work only for me and if I am satisfied he will receive an extra two crowns. Did he tell you when the gowns will be ready?

The purple gown I do love it so much and I want you to choose some jewels to go with my gown. The weather has been extremely cold in recent weeks so I will require some gloves what ones have you seen from the tailor?
Back to top Go down
Margaret Wyatt
Lady-in-waiting
Margaret Wyatt

PostSubject: Re: Queen Anne's receiving room   Queen Anne's receiving room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2021 12:14 pm

Margaret started doing Anne's hairs "As you wish, Your Majesty. Your gown will be ready in few days. And yes, I think you should wear gloves of the same color. About jewels, Your Majesty..you could wear Queen of England's jewels. I know the King gave them to you as gift...you should show them to everyone, to prove that you are the true and one Queen of England.." She said, meaning that she should prove who she was to ones who don't accept her as Queen yet
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen of England
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Queen Anne's receiving room   Queen Anne's receiving room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2021 8:10 am

I sat at my desk as Margaret did my hairs and then looked at the gloves I had laid out on the desk in front of me and selected the purple ones and then opened the jewel box Henry had given me which contained the jewels of the Queen of England.

"You are right Margaret I will wear these jewels and head out into the streets and show people who their true Queen is and let them see of course. Margaret please collect the gowns for me in a couple of days. Margaret tell me something. I have read some of your brothers fine work and I would like him to write me something fit for a Queen and I may consider appointing him as official poet for the household as his work has impressed me and Margaret you have served me well and so I would like to offer you a gift some new gowns for you. What do you say?
Back to top Go down
Margaret Wyatt
Lady-in-waiting
Margaret Wyatt

PostSubject: Re: Queen Anne's receiving room   Queen Anne's receiving room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2021 1:16 pm

Margaret felt surprised, but she smiled "Thank you, Your MJajesty. My brother will feel honoured. He knows how much you appreciate his work as poet. He is not at court, now..but I'll let him know. He will be happy.." She said, remembering when Thomas was in love with Anne, once "And also..I thank you for your offer. New gowns for me are not necessary..but I thank you deeply.." She said working at Anne's hairs
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen of England
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Queen Anne's receiving room   Queen Anne's receiving room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2021 7:49 am

I sat in the chair at my table as Margaret did my hairs and at the same time opened my box of the royal jewels.

"It is an offer I am happy to make to your brother as it is no more than he deserves. I shall very much like to hear what he has to say. Don't say you don't deserve gowns Margaret as it is not true for you deserve some and besides I would like you to wear one when we visit France. Tell me something Margaret which jewels do you think I should wear to match my purple gown from the selection of royal jewels?
Back to top Go down
Margaret Wyatt
Lady-in-waiting
Margaret Wyatt

PostSubject: Re: Queen Anne's receiving room   Queen Anne's receiving room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2021 5:51 pm

Margaret smiled as she finished making Anne's hairs "Thank you, Your Majesty. You are very generous. I think you shouls wear these earrings and the ring the King gave you as a gift.." She paused for a moment "Also..I would you like to ask you something, Your Majesty. the duchess Elisabeth of Hapsburg is at court, and she would love to have an audience with you. Is this possible?"
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen of England
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Queen Anne's receiving room   Queen Anne's receiving room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2021 8:22 pm

I looked up into the mirror and could see Margaret had almost finished with my hairs and I was most happy.

"My hairs looked divine Margaret thank you. I knew I could trust you with them. I shall wear the ring and the earrings along with my B pearl necklace I always wear. I say as she mentioned the Duchess of Hapsburg.

"The Duchess of Hapsburg is here you say. I will permit an audience with her and you may bring her here Margaret I can see her this evening after the feast.
Back to top Go down
Margaret Wyatt
Lady-in-waiting
Margaret Wyatt

PostSubject: Re: Queen Anne's receiving room   Queen Anne's receiving room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 12:25 pm

Margaret nodded "As you wish, Your Majesty. I will let the Duchess know. Is there something else I can do for you?"
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen of England
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Queen Anne's receiving room   Queen Anne's receiving room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2021 7:37 pm

I looked towards Margaret

"That is all for today Margaret thank you. I will however see you at the feast I hope.
Back to top Go down
Margaret Wyatt
Lady-in-waiting
Margaret Wyatt

PostSubject: Re: Queen Anne's receiving room   Queen Anne's receiving room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2021 12:43 pm

Margaret nodded "Of course, Your Majesty. With your permission.." She curtsied deeply and left the room
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen of England
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Queen Anne's receiving room   Queen Anne's receiving room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2021 8:06 pm

"Please invite the young Duchess to the feast Margaret and I can meet her for the first time then have an audience with her after. Please also attend the feast Margaret.
Back to top Go down
Margaret Wyatt
Lady-in-waiting
Margaret Wyatt

PostSubject: Re: Queen Anne's receiving room   Queen Anne's receiving room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2021 1:18 pm

Margaret nodded before leaving "As you wish, Your Majesty.." She curtsied again and left the room
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen of England
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Queen Anne's receiving room   Queen Anne's receiving room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2021 7:07 am

"Thank you Margaret you serve me well.
Back to top Go down
Bridget Wingfield
Lady-in-waiting
Bridget Wingfield

PostSubject: Re: Queen Anne's receiving room   Queen Anne's receiving room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01, 2023 2:28 pm

New silks had arrived for the Queen to choose which one she would like a dress made out of. I was gently holding them as I walked through Queens' rooms.
Back to top Go down
Anne Boleyn
Queen of England
Anne Boleyn

PostSubject: Re: Queen Anne's receiving room   Queen Anne's receiving room - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2023 9:50 am

I noticed that my lady Bridget had walked in holding what looked to be silks for me to see.

"Bridget, are those the silks that have finally arrived?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Queen Anne's receiving room   Queen Anne's receiving room - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Queen Anne's receiving room
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2