The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa

Go down 
+8
Royce Westmoreland
Geoffrey Lonshord
Alfonsina Garcia
Jane Craven
Thomas Craven
Diane de Poitiers
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Edward Craven
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Alfonsina Garcia

Alfonsina Garcia

The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa   The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 6:59 pm

She could barely see Margaret came. She smiled again. She was happy that Margaret was here. But Charles.. She thought he couldn't make it. She didn't say anything. She was waiting for Wolsey to continue.
Back to top Go down
http://thetudorsworld.yetkin-forum.com
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa   The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:03 pm

He smiled while he noticed there were still guests arriving, taking their place quietly, then he turned to Alfonsina.
'... time to make the vows' he whispered and then spoke loudly.

'Do you Alfonsina take Edward Craven Duke of Windsor to be your husband?'
Back to top Go down
Alfonsina Garcia

Alfonsina Garcia

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa   The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:06 pm

She nodded and smiled.

"I do.."
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa   The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:07 pm

He smiled and gently squeezed her hand...
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa   The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:09 pm

He smiled at her, then turned to Edward.

' And do you Edward take Alfonsina Garcia Duchess of Genoa to be your wife?'
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa   The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:10 pm

"Charles arrived from France in the courtyard. He let everything on his carriage and rushed into the chapel, hoping it was not too late. He really wanted to see his dear Alfonsina dressed like an happy bride. Finally arrived, he entered in the chapel, almost out of breath. He saw Alfonsina and her husband were already at the altar. And Wolsey...was celebrating this wedding! Trying to ignore him, he took his place and smiled at Alfonsina, hoping she could notice his arrival..."
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa   The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:19 pm

Edward heard some footsteps and glanced behind him to see The Duke of Suffolk-he must be the Lord Charles Alfonsina spoke of . He smiled kindly and then turned to the Cardinal to continue-he was happy her friend had came.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa   The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:24 pm

' ...And do you Edward take Alfonsina Garcia Duchess of Genoa to be your wife?'
Wolsey repeated softly as he noticed the arrival of Charles distracted Edward.
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa   The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:26 pm

I look up as The Cardinal repeats himself,"Yes,"he turned to Alfonsina and beamed,"I do..."
Back to top Go down
Alfonsina Garcia

Alfonsina Garcia

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa   The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:33 pm

She noticed that somebody came to chapel. She looked and she saw Charles. She smiled to him. Now she was completed. After hearing Edward's accept , she smiled and squeezed his hand by looking his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa   The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:36 pm

He nodded and smiled at the bridal couple, then made an inviting gesture for them to kneel on two upholstered stools. He gave them the Holy Communion, bread and wine while the choir sung another beautiful hymne with their voices like angels.
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa   The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:37 pm

He laughed warmly and gently as the musicians created beautiful music through the chapel. She smiled and he felt whole-she would soon be his wife...they hopefully soon would be mother and father to their children. He was so happy...

He then walked a few steps forward with Alfonsina and they kneeled on small stools as they were given The Sacrament of Holy Communion. Then once they were finished they stood again-it was not long now until they were officially man and wife...
Back to top Go down
Alfonsina Garcia

Alfonsina Garcia

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa   The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:39 pm

While she was kneeling , she could felt her knees were shaking but she was still smiling.
Back to top Go down
Diane de Poitiers
Duchess of Valentinois
Diane de Poitiers

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa   The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:41 pm

I smiled happily-they looked so in love. So happy, I smiled warmly. I can't wait for the day I marry...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa   The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:49 pm

When the choir finished the song, there was silence.
Wolsey came close to them.
'Please, dear couple, rise and give each other the right hand, while I ask you to repeat after me...'

He turned to Alfonsina, smiling weakly.

'I Alfonsina take thee Edward to be my wedded husband,
To have and to hold from this day forward,
For better for worse
For richer for poorer
In sickness and in health
To be bonnier and buxom in bed and in board
Tell death us do part and there too I plight thee my truth.'

Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa   The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:52 pm

I look up at The Cardinal and then Alfonsina as I wait for her to repeat his words. I smile excitedly...
Back to top Go down
Alfonsina Garcia

Alfonsina Garcia

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa   The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:54 pm

She did exactly what Cardinal said. And , she repeated his words while she was smiling softly.

"I Alfonsina take thee Edward to be my wedded husband,
To have and to hold from this day forward,
For better for worse
For richer for poorer
To be bonnier and buxom in bed and in board
Back to top Go down
Charles Brandon
Duke of Suffolk
Charles Brandon

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa   The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:56 pm

"Charles was looking at them. He remembered his wedding cerimony with Margaret in Suffolk. It seemed so long time ago in his mind. He also noticed that Alfonsina's husband was looking curiously at him. Maybe he heard about him from her. Then smiled and tried to catch her eyes again"
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa   The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:58 pm

He nodded at her and then turned to Edward.

'I Edward take thee Alfonsina to be my wedded wife,
To have and to hold from this day forward
For better for worse
For richer for pooer
To defend, honour and protect you

Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa   The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 8:00 pm

Edward took a deep breath and then repeated,"'I Edward take thee Alfonsina to be my wedded wife,
To have and to hold from this day forward
For better for worse
For richer for pooer
To defend, honour and protect you
Tell death us do part ... and there too I plight thee my truth.'

He smiled happily and turned to Alfonsina as he held her hands, he looked at The Cardinal-not long now!
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa   The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 8:09 pm

Wolsey noticed Edward's excitement and smiled at him. It was time to exchange the rings.
A young altar server came forward and handed him a scale in which the rings were laying.
He held the scale up to the bride and groom.

'May these rings represent the love you have for one another, may they always remind you of your marriage and keep true your faithfulness to each other.'

He handed the biggest ring to Alfonsina to place it on Edward's finger.
'Please... repeat after me; With this ring I thee wed and with my body I thee worship…'
Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa   The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 8:11 pm

I smile as I see Alfonsina take the ring to put on my finger. I smile happily...
Back to top Go down
Alfonsina Garcia

Alfonsina Garcia

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa   The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 8:12 pm

She was repeating the words while she was also placing the ring on Edward's finger.

"With this ring I thee wed and with my body I thee worship…"
Back to top Go down
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey
Archbishop of York
Cardinal Thomas Wolsey

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa   The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 8:16 pm

Wolsey waited for Alfonsina to place the ring, then took the other ring from the scale and handed it to Edward.

'Please... also repeat after me; With this ring I thee wed and with my body I thee worship…'

Back to top Go down
Edward Craven
Duke of Pembroke
Edward Craven

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa   The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 8:20 pm

He took the ring and slid it gently onto Alfonsina's finger as Edward said," With this ring I thee wed and with my body I thee worship..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa   The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Marriage of The Duke of Windsor and The Duchess of Genoa
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next