The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Bridge over the River Thames

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lilliana Monroe
Lady-in-waiting
Lilliana Monroe

Bridge over the River Thames Empty
PostSubject: Bridge over the River Thames   Bridge over the River Thames I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

After speaking with Henry I was delighted with the conversation. I decide to leave the Great Hall to collect my thoughts as well as to get a good feel for the beautiful English countryside that surrounds me. I refill my goblet of wine before leaving and walk outside. I see some children running along a path and follow behind them until I get to a bridge where there are several small boys sitting on top with lines trying to catch some fish, and it seems not having very much luck.
I watch them for a few moments as they sit there and sigh...I approach them and they both smile and nod to me and tell me they had been there all afternoon and had caught nothing, but were not leaving until they caught something even if it was just a turtle...I then show them a secret and lead them from the bridge down near the bank and in the mud I dig and find two large worms and bait both their hooks with the worms as we make our way back up onto the bridge and they drop their lines yet again....
Within a few minutes they both catch a fish and are ecstatic. I then show them the proper way to remove the hook from the fishes gills...They then thank me and throw the fish into one of the boys hats and take off running from the bridge. They are shouting in an excited and happy manner anxious to show their parents or friends their catch.
I can't help but smile feeling as if I had done my good deed for the day. I then lean over the bridge and drink my wine enjoying the scenery as it reminds me of the many days my father took me fishing in Palermo every summer and how much I did enjoy those times. I sigh hoping that perhaps one day I shall have a son of my own to experience such things with.
Back to top Go down
Samantha Tepes
Princess of Romania
Samantha Tepes

PostSubject: Re: Bridge over the River Thames   Bridge over the River Thames I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:45 pm

As I arrived at Whitehall I wasn't sure where I was to go. I noticed a beautiful river and decided to take a walk. I dismissed my ladies and walked along the path. I then noticed a man helping some children fish. I was very intrigued. I giggled a bit, I had never seen someone so caring. I then walked up to him. "Your very sweet to help those children my lord." I said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Lilliana Monroe
Lady-in-waiting
Lilliana Monroe

PostSubject: Re: Bridge over the River Thames   Bridge over the River Thames I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 3:28 pm

As I looked out upon the River I hear a young ladies voice complimenting me. I turn to face her smiling. "Why thank you my lady as I do love children and hopefully with their new knowledge they will be catching fish all the time now." I take a drink from my goblit. "Forgive my manners my lady as I am Armand Giovanni King of Italy.....and you are?" I take her hand into mine kissing it as the faint smell of lavender radiates from her skin...
Back to top Go down
Samantha Tepes
Princess of Romania
Samantha Tepes

PostSubject: Re: Bridge over the River Thames   Bridge over the River Thames I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 1:39 am

I smile as he tells of his love for children. He then takes my hand and kisses it. I blush as I find him quite handsome. As he tells me he is the King of Italy I make a small curtsy "It's a pleasure to meet you, your majesty. I'm Samantha Tepes, Princess of Romania." I said in my thick accent.
Back to top Go down
Lilliana Monroe
Lady-in-waiting
Lilliana Monroe

PostSubject: Re: Bridge over the River Thames   Bridge over the River Thames I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 2:16 am

She tells me her name as her thick accent comes out making me smile as it is quite attractive. Well Your Highness quite a pleasure to meet you as I do enjoy the smell of the perfume upon your skin. I kiss her hand and release it. So what is your business here in England highness?
Back to top Go down
Samantha Tepes
Princess of Romania
Samantha Tepes

PostSubject: Re: Bridge over the River Thames   Bridge over the River Thames I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 12:23 am

Once he tells me he likes my scent, I look away and blush. Then look back at him. "Why thank you" I said polightly
I then pulled the stray hairs out of my face, "Well to be honest I was quite bored, I needed some excitement, a new adventure. You know what I mean?" I asked then finally looked him directly in the eyes.
Back to top Go down
Lilliana Monroe
Lady-in-waiting
Lilliana Monroe

PostSubject: Re: Bridge over the River Thames   Bridge over the River Thames I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 4:46 pm

Why you are very welcome Highness. I smile widely taking a drink from my goblet as I watch her pull the hair from her face as she speaks of excitment. Well I do believe you have come to the right place for some fun and excitement as the stories of King Henry's court do speak for themselves. I was actually here to speak with His Majesty over several things, and well as you said I was growing quite bored in Italy as well. So you said you were from Romania? Tell me what it is like there?
Back to top Go down
Samantha Tepes
Princess of Romania
Samantha Tepes

PostSubject: Re: Bridge over the River Thames   Bridge over the River Thames I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 9:06 pm

I smile as he speaks as I find him quite handsome. "Well I have not had the pleasure of meeting King Henry yet although as you say I have traveled here to find a new adventure in life." I make sure not to mention that my horrible mother is here with me I would never want him to cross paths with her. "Well Romania is quite beautiful. I was born and raised there. It's just sometimes I wish...things were a bit different." she said with a sigh.
Back to top Go down
Lilliana Monroe
Lady-in-waiting
Lilliana Monroe

PostSubject: Re: Bridge over the River Thames   Bridge over the River Thames I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 9:57 pm

Yes well I am sure Romania is quite nice and what is it you speak of wishing that things were different? I look at her perplexed by her words, but not wanting to make her feel uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
Samantha Tepes
Princess of Romania
Samantha Tepes

PostSubject: Re: Bridge over the River Thames   Bridge over the River Thames I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 5:54 am

I turn my head away for a moment then look back at him. "Forgive me, majesty I did not mean to speak so freely. I just meant to say I am pleased to be here." I said hoping he would not see the anguish in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
Lilliana Monroe
Lady-in-waiting
Lilliana Monroe

PostSubject: Re: Bridge over the River Thames   Bridge over the River Thames I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 6:49 pm

No do not worry highness you may speak as freely as you wish. Have you travelled all the way here alone? I see her eyes seem a little somber as she speaks with me. I try my best to put her at ease. England is such a lovely place how are you enjoying your time here thus far?
Back to top Go down
Samantha Tepes
Princess of Romania
Samantha Tepes

PostSubject: Re: Bridge over the River Thames   Bridge over the River Thames I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 1:15 am

"No, my stepsister came along with me. Come to think of it I don't know where she has gone off to." I said looking back and wondering if I could find my way back to my chambers. "Yes, I am enjoying my time here. There are so many different people, nothing like Romania." I said smiling. "what about you, have you had a chance to enjoy this wonder place?"
Back to top Go down
Lilliana Monroe
Lady-in-waiting
Lilliana Monroe

PostSubject: Re: Bridge over the River Thames   Bridge over the River Thames I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 2:22 am

Oh your step sister? I am sure she is around here meeting new people as you are. I have been welcomed kindly by several people who have been at court awhile. I must say I was a little suprised by the attention but am enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
Samantha Tepes
Princess of Romania
Samantha Tepes

PostSubject: Re: Bridge over the River Thames   Bridge over the River Thames I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 7:25 am

I looked at his lips as he spoke then back at his eyes. "Yes, i'm sure she is. This place is quite enchanting I could get lost simply by walking the grounds." I said smiling. "I heard King Henry is having a trial against his wife? I don't know too much about politics although I do know Queen Katherine is a very proud and noble woman."
Back to top Go down
Lilliana Monroe
Lady-in-waiting
Lilliana Monroe

PostSubject: Re: Bridge over the River Thames   Bridge over the River Thames I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 5:47 pm

Yes this place is quite large as I have yet to venture to far away though I do plan to before I leave. Yes I have heard of the trial as I am not too familiar with the Queen having not met her previously. So are you planning on attending the trial?
Back to top Go down
Samantha Tepes
Princess of Romania
Samantha Tepes

PostSubject: Re: Bridge over the River Thames   Bridge over the River Thames I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 5:48 am

"Well as a child I met Queen Katherine, although I am unsure if she remembers me. I do know she is a loyal woman, Queen, and wife and does not deserve to be accused of these crimes. So yes I may attend the trial just to support her. All of these men laugh at her as if she were a common harlot." after I speak I realized my boldness has got away with me again. I lowered my eyes. "Forgive me majesty, my tongue has no way of controlling it's self."
Back to top Go down
Lilliana Monroe
Lady-in-waiting
Lilliana Monroe

PostSubject: Re: Bridge over the River Thames   Bridge over the River Thames I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:48 pm

No there is no need to apologize I rather enjoy a woma who speaks her mind even though there are some that frown upon it. I have heard small details of the trial. What crimes is it that she is being accused of may I ask? I realize what a foolish question as being in England I already should have known, however I had not paid much attention to the gossiping and rumors that were being spread.
Back to top Go down
Samantha Tepes
Princess of Romania
Samantha Tepes

PostSubject: Re: Bridge over the River Thames   Bridge over the River Thames I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 4:05 am

I smiled when he said he admired me speaking my mind. "Well as you know his majesty wants a divorce." I shuddered to even speak the word. I then continued. "He will stop at nothing to get what he wants, even falsely accuse his own loyal wife." I said trying not to let annoyance of the situation get to me.
Back to top Go down
Lilliana Monroe
Lady-in-waiting
Lilliana Monroe

PostSubject: Re: Bridge over the River Thames   Bridge over the River Thames I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 5:04 pm

Yes well Henry is thinking of the future as his wife has not gave him a son and won't give him a son to carry on his legacy. He must have a wife with those capabilities. I do not agreee with him falsely accusing his wife however many do not know the pressures that come with our titles for they are great.
Back to top Go down
Lilliana Monroe
Lady-in-waiting
Lilliana Monroe

PostSubject: Re: Bridge over the River Thames   Bridge over the River Thames I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 7:17 am

Well Your Highness please forgive me but for the time being I must cut our conversation short for I have some matters to tend to at this time. I do hope perhaps we may speak again as it was quite a pleasure sapeaking with you. Good day highness. I smile and bow slightly to her heading back up the path towards the palace.
Back to top Go down
Mary Rose Tudor
Princess of England
Mary Rose Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Bridge over the River Thames   Bridge over the River Thames I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 7:50 pm

I wake early in morning to go on a walk,something I didn't do for long time...As I walk near the river, a light breeze filled the air and made me tingle with delight and the sun is just rising over the horizon,casting a warm glow along the river...I continued to walk slowly along the path, enjoying in the beautiful morning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bridge over the River Thames   Bridge over the River Thames I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 5:57 pm

walking away knowing i should go out of site of the palace i walk along the path seeing a bridge i stop on it looking down into the water seeing my reflection wonder if am pretty or not, and seeing who i look like more my father or mother.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Wyatt
Poet
Thomas Wyatt

PostSubject: Re: Bridge over the River Thames   Bridge over the River Thames I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 5:27 pm

Thomas, feeling the need of taking a breath of fresh air after many days spend at working in his bedroom, take a walk near to the River Thames, walk slowly, still feeling preoccupied by his sister's behaviour and fate, but the beauty of the nature in spring cheer up his mind.
He walk until the bridge, lean over its guardail and look at the colours of the Thames's water, feeling his tensions evaporate in the air, getting serene and relaxed, he smile, the air dreamy.
Back to top Go down
Jane Bassett
Duchess of Lancaster
Jane Bassett

PostSubject: Re: Bridge over the River Thames   Bridge over the River Thames I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 12:42 pm

Jane walked along the bridge slowly, breathing in the fresh air. She wore a light green dress, so match her skin tone and twirled a rose in the other hand. It was nice to get out of court for a walk, even if its for a hour, or a day. She looked over the bridge to the water and carried on walking, looking around at the surrounding and the people around her. She felt ti most entertaining watching people rush off to do their Daily work, or whatever mused them. She had her long blond hair around her shoulders, with no hair piece in or no hood, letting it flow freely down her back like a river rushing its way down the streams.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Wyatt
Poet
Thomas Wyatt

PostSubject: Re: Bridge over the River Thames   Bridge over the River Thames I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 5:46 pm

Gazing to the beautiful water of the Thames, hearing some bird's sings, Thomas is imagining a poem tha the could write, when he hear a step's slight noise at his side, he strenchen up and turn back, see a young lady, dressed in a lightgreen dress, her blond hairs flowing around her shoulders.
He smile and look at her face trying to guess at her air what she have in her mind, she isn't looking at the landscape nor at the Thames, but more at people around, it's make him think that she is curious about people around court and maybe wish to have some compagny.
Himself spend so much time in working in his bedroom that he have rarely the occasion to encounter new people, so he feel like going to get acqauinted with her, thinking that if he feel that he disturb her, he will simply leave her alone and return to his contemplation of the Thames.
He step closer to her slowly, smiling, the air a bit shy, then stop, remaining at a respectuous distance, get off his hat and bow deeply to her with grace, then put back his hat over his head.

Good day, mylady ... I hope that I am not disturbing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bridge over the River Thames   Bridge over the River Thames I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bridge over the River Thames
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next