The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Alice More's bedchamber

Go down 
+2
Geoffrey Lonshord
Charles Brandon
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

Alice More's bedchamber - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 11:14 pm

"Yes, that is true, Thomas. He has dined at our house, broken bread with us and seen us as his own little family. He has risen you to a great position. But he is fickle. Those he rewards today he may very well destroy tomorrow. Wolsey didn't fall from power from Brandon and Howard alone; the king did nothing to stop it. The loyalty he expects from others is not always the same loyalty he gives out." She exhaled deeply, feeling good that she had spoken her mind as was her personality. But she thought Thomas was in a dangerous position, that everything was precarious and could crumble in an instant. "I just worry, dear. I worry all the time.." she said softly as she placed her hand on his.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 8:37 pm

Thomas took Alice's hand in his and showed her a reassuring smile

You have no need to worry about me, my love. As I told you...Harry promised me that he will never cause me troubles of conscience. He knows I don't agree to his divorce. He...just will use me for other matters. And I trust him...

He added, squeezing softly her hand while smiling weakly
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:41 pm

She smiled and took another breath. "I know you trust him. I will pray he keeps his promise. If you believe in him then I will also." Deep in her heart this troubled her, but she had to keep a brave face for her family. "Perhaps you need a rest? Some sleep may do you good."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 11:04 pm

Thomas nodded and stood up slowly

Oh yes...thank you, dear. I'm rather tired...will you come with me?

He asked smiling, caressing softly her cheek
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 1:09 am

She smiled as he caressed her cheek. "Of course, dear Thomas." She rose from the seat and walked with him into the bedroom where she took off his boots and let him lie down.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 10:49 pm

Thomas lied on bed tiredly, after wearing quickly a comfortable nightgown. He extended his hand towards Alice with a smile

Come to keep me company, my love...

He glanced at the empty place next to him in bed
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 4:21 am

She smiled and sighed as she changed into her own modest nightgown. She lay next to Thomas, wrapping her arm around him and snuggling close to him, comforted by his warmth. "I pray you have good dreams tonight, my love.." she whispered as she closed her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 9:49 pm

Thomas wrapped his arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer to him

Sweet dreams, my love...

He whispered. Then he kissed softly her hairs and closed his eyes
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 12:55 am

Thomas knocked at Alice's door

Are you there, my love?
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 7:33 am

Alice was working on embroidery when she heard her husband at the door. She smiled at the thought of getting to perhaps spend some time with him, and put down her sewing to answer the door. "Good day, my love. Please, come in." She embraced him and took him in, fetching a goblet of cool water for him.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 11:30 pm

Thomas entered in the room and hugged Alice while smiling. He took a sip from water and looked at her

Good day, my love. Sorry if I neglected you, recently. But I have been very busy. Did you know that our daughter Elizabeth came to court? She brought our grandchild Jane with her...

He said happily, holding softly her shoulder
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 2:21 am

She smiled warmly at Thomas and laid a kiss upon his cheek. "Nothing to be sorry for, my love. I know you are always busy, but the important thing is that you make time for me, and nothing makes me happier than that." She led them by the fire and sat across from him. "Yes, I spoke with Elizabeth at the joust. I cannot wait to see little Jane. It is too long since we have seen the little sweetheart. And Elizabeth seemed very well, did you get the chance to speak with her yet?"
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 11:31 pm

Thomas sat on the sofa and nodded. He was smiling

Yes, I talked with her, darling. Jane is so grown since last time I saw her. I felt so happy. But at the same time...she made me remind that I'm becoming old...

He giggled, looking at her
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 12:11 am

Alice smiled and laughed warmly with him. "That is what children sometimes do, but they always bring out the best in us. And Elizabeth seems in such good spirits since her husband passed away. I don't think young little Jane should grow up without a father, and it would be good for Elizabeth to have companionship again." She said, an idea forming already.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 10:07 pm

Thomas looked curiously at Alice after her sentence

Uhm...what's in your mind, dear?

He asked, knowing very well her face's expression
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 2:03 am

She grinned and took a moment before revealing her thoughts. "Perhaps while she is at court I could find a match for her - but only if she consents. She is young and will look at men, I don't see why she should not view potential husbands as well," she said with an innocent smile. "What do you think, dear?"
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 11:18 pm

Thomas listened her carefully and nodded slowly

Yes...I think she should marry again too, dear. Especially for little Jane. Do you already have someone in mind for her?

He asked smiling, wondering if Elizabeth would accept. He knew her indipendent temper
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 12:51 am

Alice sat back in her chair and sighed as she watched the fire. "No, I've no one in mind yet. But he would have to be a wholesome man, there are too many libertines about, and in my opinion all the good men are taken already," she smiled. "But I have no doubts that there may be someone for her.. do you know of anyone? And do you think she'll agree to it?"
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 12:02 am

Thomas thought deeply after her words and nodded

I don't don't if she will agree, Alice. But we could try, at least. Even if...I have anyone in mund, for now. But he should be a gentleman, a true catholic. That's why...I would avoid gentlemen of King's Privy Chamber...

He answered with a thoughtful glance
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 4:07 am

She nodded and gave a rueful laugh. "Yes, you are absolutely right, husband. I don't think any of those 'gentlemen' are fit for our Elizabeth. But a good Catholic man should not be hard to find. So," she began to change the subject. "I hope you've been well my love. I've missed you so." She took his hand and laid a kiss upon it.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 11:29 pm

Thomas smiled as he saw her kissing his hand. She always acted like a devoted wife

I missed you too, Alice. The King let me know that our private apartment is almost ready. He says it suits on my rank. But I don't care. I just want to be with you, my love. No matter where...

He added with a tender smile. Then he leaned softly his hand against her cheek
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 2:48 am

She smiled lovingly and sighed against his caress. "I want only to be with you as well, my love. I would stay with you anywhere." She lightly kissed his lips. "I hope you know how proud I am of you."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 11:59 pm

Thomas kissed her back and smiled tenderly

I know, my love. As I am proud of our beautiful family. I promise I'll spend more time with you, darling. Such lovely lady could even have suitors in court. I can't allow that...

He said giggling, smiling at her
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 5:17 am

She laughed, her eyes shining at her husband's compliment. "You are kind to think so, but hardly any man at court could turn my head, for I have the greatest man's heart.. yours." She smiled lovingly at him.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 11:55 pm

Thomas smiled her back for her words and shook his head

I am a very lucky man. I have the most virtuous lady ever by my side. Sometimes I wonder if I deserve all this, my love...

He said, taking her hand in his and staring at her deep eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alice More's bedchamber
Page 5 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next