The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Alice More's bedchamber

Go down 
+2
Geoffrey Lonshord
Charles Brandon
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

Alice More's bedchamber - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 1:46 am

His words touched her heart, and they had the same effect now as they did years ago when they first met and fell in love. "God gave us each other, he brought us together when we needed it most. We were both married before, and when our spouses were taken by the Lord, He saw fit to let us live in love, and so we have. My love for you will never waver, Thomas."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 11:37 pm

Thomas sighed deeply and odded. He looked at her

Yes...I loved my previous wife and I hoped to grow old with her. But...after Jane died, God wanted me not to be alone anymore. I met you, my love. And I thank Him for that...

He said, remembering for a while Jane Colt, his first wife
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 9:38 pm

"And I love your children as though they were my own, though God has seen fit not to give us children together, we have blessings through the ones we do have, and God will continue to bless the generations that continue, long after we are gone from the earth.' She gave him another kiss. "I wonder if you're hungry? I can have something brought, I just did not expect you.. though it was a most welcome surprise of course," she said smiling.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 11:48 pm

Thomas smiled and looked at her with a surprised face

Uhm...don't tell me that you have cooked by yourself? If so...I'm not only hungry. But also curious...

He giggled
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 2:10 am

She laughed softly. "Perhaps I did.. are you curious as to what I did make? I still remember your favorite recipe from our early days of marriage.."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 11:53 pm

Thomas laughed, amused by her words and nodded

Of course I am courious, darling. Last time I ate something prepared by you it was...so many years ago. And you know how much I love your housewife's side...

He added smiling, rubbing softly her cheek
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 5:15 am

She smiled back, enjoying the attention her husband gave her. "I have taken it upon myself to practice. I admit I have not been much in the way of a typical housewife, but if anyone deserves something made out of love, it is you."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 12:35 am

Thomas smiled lovingly and nodded

Thank you, darling. So...show me your cooking art then. I'm starving...

He said standing up from the sofa
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 5:45 am

She smiled and rang the bell for the servants to come. A table with an array of fresh cooked fish, stew with thick gravy and crisp vegetables as laid out, along with fresh hot bread. "Here it is! I hope you like it darling.. what do you think?"
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 1:07 am

Thomas looked at the table and smiled proudly at her

I am really admired, Alice. I mean...this reminds me our early years together. Thank you, my love...

He came closer and kissed lovingly her lips
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 4:05 am

She smiled as she saw the impressed expression on his face. His kiss made her giggle. "I am so glad, dear. Come, let's have some dinner and then you can see if it tastes as good as it looks."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 12:16 am

Thomas sat at the table and looked at his dish. He tasted his meal and then looked at her

Uhm...it's even better that it looks, dear. You are the best cook ever...

He giggled and tasted his wine too
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 2:15 am

She smiled. "Why thank you my love. I do hope I have done it justice. Perhaps this will make you spend more nights with me rather than at your study." She took a bite of the food and was glad it was as good as she'd hoped it would be.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 11:25 pm

Thomas laughed for her words and nodded

Yes...I have to admit you're right, dear. Even the Lord Chancellor of England deserves spending some night with his wife, sometimes...

He giggled and looked tenderly at her face. Then he eat a piece of bread
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 6:16 pm

She looked down at her food as she spoke. "Have things progressed? Concerning the king, I mean. I know this rift with the Church certainly isn't gaining him any popularity on the Continent." She took a small bite of food.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 11:18 pm

Thomas shrugged and sighed, leaning his spoon in the dish

There are...not good news about that, Alice. The King decided to break with Rome, and to go on with his divorce. Boleyn's power raises every day. I also heard...that the King ordered to arrest Wolsey..

He added, sighing deeply at the end of his sentence
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 7:04 pm

Alice's jaw dropped in astonishment. "Arrested Wolsey? On what grounds? Or because he failed in getting him the annulment he's been after for so long?" She shivered at the thought that anyone once so high up could fall from grace so easily.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 10:51 pm

Thomas took a sip from water and sighed deeply. He raised his eyes to her

Not only for that, Alice. It seems...that the King got secret informations from his physician. His Majesty found out that Wolsey is still in contact with the Pope and the Emperor. And with the Queen, of course...

He explained with low voice, wondering what else will happen next
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 5:25 am

Alice's dark eyes widened. "Oh..." she leaned back in her chair, thinking. "I see how that could upset His Majesty... but still perhaps he may go easy on him, after all Wolsey means so much to the king.. unless those evil Boleyns managed to get him to have a change of heart.."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 10:12 pm

Thomas nodded with his head. He rubbed thoughfully his chin

These are hard times, Alice. We need to pray. We need to pray...in order to defeat heresy. Luther and Tyndal are false prophets. I even heard...that the King started reading their books...

He turned his eyes towards Alice
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 9:12 pm

She shook her head and sighed. "What is this country coming to? This is not the England I know, definitely not the monarchy I know. Of course I will pray, but to be quite honest prayer is not going to take away the past." She dropped her voice to a low whisper. "If the king had not been so spoiled since birth, if he had not been coddled, especially after sweet young Arthur's death, we may not have a king so insistent on having his own way. Indeed, I am beginning to doubt the very cornerstone of our government, when it makes such a mockery of our one true faith!" She tossed her napkin on her table, her appetite already lost.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 12:10 am

Thomas took a deep breath and looked at her. He took her hand in his on the table

Don't worry about such things, my love. As Chancellor, I'm doing my best in order to make Harry be reasonable again. But that's no easy. He is surrounded by people...like Cromwell and Boleyn's, who support Reformation...

He said with deep, calm voice
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 7:42 pm

She sighed, trying to remain calm and get her heartbeat to slow as she gently gripped Thomas's hand on the table. "I just don't want everything to fall apart all around us," she admitted quietly. "It just seems like when we finally have a peaceful kingdom, something has to come along and try to separate the people once more. But I have utmost faith in you, dear husband. I know you above all can get the king back to his right frame of mind, he looks up to you for guidance and I know you will lead him back to where he should be." A smile made its way across her lips, for she could never remain angry at her beloved Thomas for too long.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 12:35 am

Thomas smiled weakly, trying to comfort her

Everything will be fine, you'll see. And nothing bad will happen to me or to our family, until we'll have King's love. And we never lose it...

He smiled again and kissed deeply her hand
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 2:46 am

She sighed deeply as he kissed her hand, and she felt every trouble leave her - at least momentarily. "Thomas, you always know how to allay my fears, I thank you for putting up with such a wife as I am.. I know there are times when I can be... outspoken and temperamental, but you seem to see past all that." She smiled at him in wonderment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alice More's bedchamber
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next