The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Alice More's bedchamber

Go down 
+2
Geoffrey Lonshord
Charles Brandon
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

Alice More's bedchamber - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 11:28 pm

Thomas laughed silently and took a sip from water

After all years spent together, I think I know you enough, Alice. Like...there is anyone in the world who knows me better than you, my love...

He added with a loving glance. Then he rubbed softly her hand with his
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 1:04 am

Alice smiled, all the love for him lit up within her. "My love, it is easy to know you and to love you.. though we have been together many years I have never lost my temper with you. Oh we have disagreed and I think we always will.. but nothing can destroy the love I have for you, Thomas," she whispered, moving and sitting close to her husband and resting her head on his shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 11:43 pm

Thomas caressed softly her hairs as she leaned her head on his shoulder

I know. Your love and my faith are the only things who give me strenght. Especially during such hard times. I couldn't imagine my life without you...

He smiled and kissed softly her forehead, closing his eyes
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 11:47 pm

"And I can't imagine living without you," she whispered in reply, feeling safe and content as he held her. "Are you feeling tired, my love? Shall we lay down?" She glanced up at him.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 11:40 pm

Thomas nodded and squeezed her hand

Yes...it has been a long day. It's time to rest, I guess...

He waited the servants to bring dinner's dishes away and reached his bed. He took off his hat and extended his hand towards Alice, smiling lovingly

Come and keep me company, my love. Like old times...

Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 4:23 am

She smiled and took his hand as he led her to the room. She removed her hood and unpinned her hair, letting the loose curls fall around her shoulders. "Yes, like old times. I never tire of your warmth, I always sleep better when you're with me, Thomas."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 11:33 pm

Thomas watched her hairs falling on her shoulders and smiled. He was still amazed by her beauty. Then he lied on bed and invited her to follow him

You're still so beautiful, Alice. I need your warmth too...

He whispered with a tender smile
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 4:12 am

She flushed, feeling shy as always when he called her beautiful. "I am so glad you are not one of these silly men at court who charm women with pretty words. You save your compliments for me only, and I am thankful to have such a good and faithful husband." She smiled as she climbed into bed beside him, stretching out and making herself comfortable as she put her head on his chest, hearing the dull thudding of his heartbeat. "Sometimes I feel so bad, my love, that I could never give you children of our own." she admitted.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 11:28 pm

Thomas wrapped his arm around her and kissed softly her hairs. He frowned

Why do you say so, my love? You should know you have nothing to fear. Our children are safe...

He said with concerned voice
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 1:26 am

She looked at him, smiling to reassure him. "I know, my love. It's just that... it's just idle thinking I suppose." She sighed.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 11:29 pm

Thomas smiled and rubbed softly her head

Oh...don't even think about that, my dear. We love and support each other. So anyone can hurt our family...

He showed her a reassuring smile and kissed softly her forehead
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 12:22 am

"You're right," she said as she gave a deep sigh. "We have strength in numbers, and we have God's blessings on us, so we are indeed safe.." She began to drift off into sleep.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 11:52 pm

Thomas smiled softly and kissed her head again. Then he wrapped his arm around her tightly and closed his eyes, ready to fall asleep
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 10:28 pm

Thomas woke up very early in the morning. He had to meet the King. So he decided to pray before meeting him. Alice was still sleeping. He sat at the table and crossed himself

Ave Maria, gràtia plena,
Dòminus tècum, benedìcta tu in mulièribus,
et benedìctus fructus vèntris tui, Iesus.
Sancta Maria, mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatòribus,
nunc et in hora mortis nòstrae.
Amen

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 12:56 am

She awoke, and heard the soft murmuring of her husband at prayer. She lay very still as if to hold onto those words, which were so dear and that voice that she so loved. She closed her eyes not in sleepiness but to savor this moment and let Thomas have some privacy. She knew what he prayed over, his heart was not as secret as her own, and she prayed along with him, her lips moving with the beautiful, familiar Latin...
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 10:27 pm

Thomas finished his prayers and crossed again. He looked at the bed and saw Alice with opened eyes

Oh...I'm sorry, dear. I made you wake up...

He said apologetically, standing up from his desk
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 2:56 am

She rose from the bed and put on her white shawl. "Hardly, my love. The sound of your prayers is a great thing to wake up to." She took his hands and gave him a light kiss on the cheek.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 10:33 pm

Thomas sat on bed next to her and smiled

I'll meet the King, today. I was praying for him...and for all of us. And you, my love? Have you slept well?

He kissed deeply her hand
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 1:23 am

She smiled a bit dreamily. It was rare to have her husband sleep over, and when he did she slept better, more peacefully. "I did sleep very well, thank you beloved." She looked at him curiously. "What business have you with the king today?"
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 10:19 pm

Thomas sighed and caressed slowly her brown curls

I think he wants to discuss with me about clergymen. And...about abuses of Roman Church. But he knows very well my opinion about that...

He answered, trying to look relaxed
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 4:24 am

"His Majesty has never taken such a keen interest in such matters before, then again he had Cardinal Wolsey to cover for him. Perhaps he truly is trying to reform for the better, but I also happen to think he may be trying to bend the rules to suit his own personal circumstances." She raised her eyebrows, insinuating it was a widely-circulated thought, but she was glad to be able to voice her opinion anyway.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 10:28 pm

Thomas looked at her with a curious smile on his face

You always talk openly, Alice. I like that. And I admit you maybe are right. But as Chancellor, it's my duty to avoid that the King uses religion for his own interest. Even if I'll serve him loyalty, as always. Don't worry, I know how to face such matters with him...

He smiled and caressed softly her arm
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 12:08 am

"If anyone can lead the king from abusing his power, it's you Thomas." She smiled lovingly at him. "God bless you and watch over you this day, and always." She gently touched his face.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 10:19 pm

Thomas smiled and kissed her hand on his face

Thank you. God bless you too, my love. Now sleep again, if you wish. I'll come back to you soon...

He leaned on her and kissed softly her lips. Then he stood up and left the room
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 4:35 am

She could not sleep after hearing this news, she was always worried for Thomas when he went to see the king over some matters. She dressed into a modest gown of burgundy and knelt before her prie-dieu, reciting her own prayers over her husband, the king, the country and of course her own little family.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alice More's bedchamber
Page 7 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next