The Tudors World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please follow the "Timeline" topic in "Announcement". Especially the historical characters! - Anne Boleyn
January 1533 - Henry & Anne Boleyn marry in a secret ceremony
March 1533 - Thomas Cranmer is appointed Archbishop of Canterbury.
May 1533 - Archbishop Thomas Cranmer declares the marriage of King Henry VIII and Queen Katherine of Aragon to be invalid
May 1533 - Thomas Cranmer validates King Henry VIII& Anne Boleyn's marriage
June 1533 - Coronation of Anne Boleyn
Summer 1533 - Sir Thomas Cromwell, Earl of Essex begins an investigation into the activities of Sir Thomas More
June 1533 - Parliament extinguishes Papal authority in England.
June 1533 - Mary Tudor, younger sister of Henry VIII, dies at Westhorpe, Suffolk.
July 1533 - It is reported that Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk and George Boleyn, caught up with the French court. While they were there both Henry Howard, Earl of Surrey and Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond became violently sick, at the same time. Richmond was so ill, that for a while, it was feared he might die.
July 1533 - Pope Clement VII excommunicates King Henry VIII & his advisers (including Thomas Cranmer)
JSeptember 1533 - Anne Boleyn gives birth to Princess Elizabeth Tudor
November 1533 - Henry Fitzroy, Henry VIII's illegitimate son, marries Mary Howard (daughter of Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk) Anne Boleyn is said to have worked for this pairing.

Alice More's bedchamber

Go down 
+2
Geoffrey Lonshord
Charles Brandon
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

Alice More's bedchamber - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 5:07 pm

Alice became cheerful at the thought of Meg so looking forward to her fiancé. "I think that together we have instilled such strong values in her. She has great faith and a quick mind. Roper will be lucky to have such a wife. And the little dog you gave her, did she give it a name?" she asked smiling and enjoying Thomas' caress.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 11:26 pm

Thomas smiled and nodded

Oh yes..she did. She called it Akkaya. She said that..it's a turkish name, and it means white rock. I have no idea where she learned it...surely not in my books. But at least she has now a pet to spend time with. You know animals are my passions. Would you like having one too, my love?

He asked leaning his hand against her cheek
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 3:31 am

"Akkaya! That's a very exotic name," she commented. "Oh goodness Thomas, I haven't had a pet in years. But if I were to choose one I'd want a cat, they're more my speed."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 10:18 pm

Thomas laughed

A cat? Really? Oh well..let's see what a can do. You know I would do anything to see you happy, my love..

He kissed lovingly her lips and looked into her eyes again

Oh...talking about pets, darling. Margaret would like to know if you could give her old dresses that you no longer wear. You know..she would love to use them to create a bed for Akkaya..
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 6:09 pm

"Yes, a cat. I haven't the energy to take care of a dog," Alice laughed. "But of course, I have a few old dresses that she may use, especially my winter clothes. They'll be warmer for the puppy now that the weather is colder."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 11:45 pm

Thomas smiled kissing deeply both her hands

I knew I could count on you, my love. You're the most lovely woman I have ever met. And...hope you and Margaret will get on well, one day. I'm sure that little by little, you'll become her best friend..

He looked at her with loving eyes
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 10:11 pm

"My first husband, God rest his soul, never gave me children. I want to be a mother to your own children, and hopefully someday to be a confidant," she replied.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 12:18 am

Thomas smiled and caressed lovingly her cheek

You're the mother that every child would dream to have, Alice. Blood is not so important. Love is..

He said meaning deeply his words
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 12:45 am

"Yes, love is the most important thing, our love for our family and for God," she blushed and smiled at his compliment.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 12:15 am

Thomas smiled and took a deep breath

Shall we go to sleep? It has been a tiring day, my love..

He suggested and kissed her hand again
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 12:32 am

She smiled. "Feeling drowsy my love? I shall accompany you to our bed," she offered.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 12:23 am

Thomas giggled

Yes..I think I'm growing old, my love. Please, keep me company all night..

He said tenderly standing up, still holding her hand
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 11:08 pm

She kissed his cheek. "You're hardly old my love." She took his offered hand and let him lead her.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 11:24 pm

Thomas removed his clothes, wearing his nightgown. Then he climbed in the bed waiting for Alice to reach him

Her Majesty asked to see me. Her lady in waiting wrote to me. So..tomorrow I'll leave for Kimbolton Castle, my dear..

He said looking at her
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 9:17 pm

She removed her gown and dressed in a modest nightgown of ivory color. She got into bed and when she heard her husband's words, gave him strength. "It is good that she has asked you. Her Majesty will need all the support she can get. Please extend to her my well wishes."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 12:25 am

Thomas nodded and reached her hand as she placed herself at his side on bed

I will, my love...I will. Moreover, Princess Mary's lady in waiting wrote to me as well. So..I'll go to Ludlow to visit her after talking with her mother. I don't know if the King will be bothered...but I can't leave them alone if they need me..

He said before taking a deep breath
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 10:11 pm

She clasped his hand. "You are ever so caring of the queen and princess. It makes my heart glad that they can rely on you. You would never fail them."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:24 pm

Thomas stroked softly her hands

Thank you for your comprhension, my darling. I don't know what I would do without you..

He kissed her hand and placed his head on pillow slowly
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 7:33 pm

She lay next to him, her hand resting upon her husband's heart. "Please God, we shall never have to be without one another."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 11:31 pm

Thomas nodded and kissed deeply her hands

Please God. Goodnight, my love..

He said pulling her towards himself. He had a strange feeling inside him, cause he didn't know how long time he would have been with Alice. But he didn't want to show this feeling with her
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 7:09 pm

Alice sat alone by her window with only a cup of watered wine and some fresh bread with cheese. The rain outside kept her within the confines of the palace, but she had her embroidery to keep her company.
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2016 10:20 pm

Thomas entered the room. He spent some months far from court. So he decided to come back for Easter. And especially, to see his wife. He saw her sitting by the window and smiled

Alice..my love. I'm back..

He said, noticing that she was lost in her thoughts
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2016 7:11 pm

She smiled when her husband came to her chamber. It had been lonely without him or the children, but she kept her own company with God and her thoughts. "I missed you, Thomas," she said by way of greeting. "Please, come warm yourself by the fire. I have some herb tea if you would like."
Back to top Go down
Thomas More
Courtier
Thomas More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2016 11:06 pm

Thomas entered the room and reached Alice next to fire. He smiled and kissed her hand

I missed you too, Alice. Sorry if I neglected you, but I need to understand what is really happening in the court after the King married Anne..oh! Some herb tea would be lovely. Thank you, my love..

He took a cup of tea from her hands and smiled. Then he kept on staring at fireplace

You know...I wonder if the Pope knows about Cranmer's reputation. That is...that he is devoted heart and soul to Lutheran movement..
Back to top Go down
Alice More
Governess
Alice More

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 7:33 pm

"I understand, dear husband, and I hope you know that your worries are mine as well." Alice sat across from him with the fire between them. The heat from the fireplace and the steam from the tea soothed her. "Sometimes you get a chill down your spine when you hear a certain name, and I felt it when I heard of Cranmer. Why hasn't he been stripped of his title and position when he's made his stance on the king's matter so very clear?" she asked Thomas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alice More's bedchamber   Alice More's bedchamber - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alice More's bedchamber
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next